Flagship base glitch

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Shankalten

Flagship base glitch

Postby Shankalten » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:04 pm

I encounter a glitch with the flagship, I was in the last sector trying to get to a repair system. While having to go through my base to a rebel controlled location. I get into combat and immediately lose do to flagship reaching the base when he wasn't close to it.

I got it on video and hope it helps. If you need to know more about it I have more of the video just had to edit it down to put on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0lzy4a ... e=youtu.be
keturn

Re: Flagship base glitch

Postby keturn » Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:26 am

As you can see in this video, the end message also reads "The Rebel Flagship is within reach of the Rebel Base." Isn't that supposed to be the Federation base?
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Flagship base glitch

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:35 am

Good catch on the typo.

The Rebel Flagship only has to get within range of the Federation Base. If you haven't engaged it yet, you'll find out why you need to engage it faster. This is why there's a countdown at the top of the map (Jumps until flagship is in range) and the description says "Destroy the Rebel Flagship before it gets in range."

Sorry for the confusion.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here