The Abysmal Resolution Issue

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
lations

The Abysmal Resolution Issue

Postby lations » Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:09 am

I know there are a number of other threads about this topic, but I'd like to address it once more, directly to the developers. I signed up just to post this.

I was thoroughly amped for this game. Game gets released, I buy it, and I'm looking forward to playing.

Then I realize that the only possible options are: play with stretching (yuck!) which looks terrible on LCD monitors, or play with "borders" - acceptable if the game stretches appropriately to fill the screen first (like Spacechem, for example), but painful if it simply remains as a small box in the center of the screen.

In short, why on Earth are there no resolution options? As game developers, surely you must understand the importance of this?

I'm not asking for a wide range of fancy options: all I need is to be able to play the game cleanly (no forced stretching) and large enough so that I can read the text and admire the game's beauty without having to squint constantly while playing. Spacechem, for example, does this beautifully. It doesn't adapt to my native res of 1920x1200, but that's ok, because at least it fills the screen as much as it can first.

As a result, I simply won't be playing this game. Which is a real shame, because I was looking forward to it.

Please, for the love of god, tell me that this is the first thing you'll be working on.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: The Abysmal Resolution Issue

Postby Matthew » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:09 am

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2112

A better solution will be coming. But the launch is extremely busy and there's only one of me so please be patient :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
lations

Re: The Abysmal Resolution Issue

Postby lations » Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:46 pm

zasdarq wrote:http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2112

A better solution will be coming. But the launch is extremely busy and there's only one of me so please be patient :)

Thank you for your fast response. I can be patient. Do you have any idea how long, and/or what sort of "better solution" might be coming? Thanks, and good luck with the launch-related work.