Custom Resolutions For TVs?

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
sirrealist

Custom Resolutions For TVs?

Postby sirrealist » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 pm

Like most TVs, viewing PCs on them at the actual common resolutions (1920x1080, 1280x720) causes loss of info on all sides. The actual resolution for most TVs is actually a little smaller, (in my case 1842x1036 and 1242x698, respectively). I tried using the "screen_x" and "screen_y" settings.ini lines to try and set the fullscreen - stretch to something that would fill the screen properly (1242x698), but this actually doesn't cause it to fill properly AND the text is all out-of-line. Am I correct in assuming that custom resolutions are not going to work for this game? If not, looks like I'll have to play on fullscreen - black borders and squint to read the text :(
sirrealist

Re: Custom Resolutions For TVs?

Postby sirrealist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:58 am

Has anyone gotten this to look right for a 1080p TV (i.e., full screen with little or no borders)? I've tried so many things, and it's either stretched a bit too big in each direction, too small with huge black borders, or really messed up with the game off center and text not aligned correctly.
sirrealist

Postby sirrealist » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:18 am

As a note, 1280x800 is the closest I've gotten. There are small black boarders at the top and bottom, and the screen is stretched too far across the X axis in both directions, but it's playable. I also know that the devs (all 2 of them, amazing) are working on this; I am patient. I've also read the thread titled something to the effect of "resolution half-way point [solved]".
sirrealist

Postby sirrealist » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:02 am

Hey All! I finally found a resolution combo that works for me (size is good, and centered, and not stretched weird, and everything on screen): 1366x768. I play on a 1080p TV, so if you're getting a problem where it seems to stretch the screen "too big" in every direction (like you're zoomed in), try hard-coding that res into the ini. Good luck all!