Full Screen

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
Matthew
Site Admin

Re: Full Screen

Postby Matthew » Fri May 10, 2013 9:55 am

According to that output, you're below the minimum system requirements. If you don't support OpenGL 2.0 then the game will be unable to resize down to whatever resolution your monitor requires. It's very odd that it ever successfully worked for you. Did you change your monitor resolution?

Are you using a Beta branch on Steam for FTL? Right click on FTL in your Steam library and go to Properties, then check the "Betas" tab and make sure it's set to "none" (or an equivalent).

When you try to set it to fullscreen, have you tried both "Fullscreen - Native" and "Fullscreen - Stretch" ? And do you get an error message on start?
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka

Postby Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka » Fri May 10, 2013 8:20 pm

That seems strange, it's been able to resize it in the past when I switched to full screen. Is it possible OpenGL 2.0 could have been switched off somehow? I haven't changed my resolution at all and the beta tab is set to none. I've tried all the full screen options (I was using stretch originally if I remember rightly) but haven't seen any error messages.I have recieved errors in the past, I think when trying to run it as native or as a window , along the lines of my screen not supporting the correct resolution. I'm not sure why it's stopped appearing.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat May 11, 2013 8:54 am

Can you delete your settings.ini file just to make sure any manual changes you might have made aren't sticking around? At the very least you should be getting an error message on start so that's odd... suggests that it's not even trying to go full screen.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka

Postby Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka » Sat May 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Well, now I feel like an idiot. I went and checked my resolution settings just in case and it turns out they'd been turned way down somehow, I definitely didn't do it myself. Anyway It's set back to 1280x800 now and the fullscreen is working perfectly.
Apologies for wasting your time ^^' Thanks a lot for the help though, I'm just glad I can get back to playing one of my favourite games.
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm

As long as it works then I'm happy :) Have fun!
FishyPower

Postby FishyPower » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:33 pm

Hi, I need help with the fullscreen thing. I am usingg this old computer that has 800x600 pixels, and i can't find %appdata% cause its a windows XP for goodness sake. the thing says its gotta be 1280p by 720 or higher...