Full Screen

Discuss problems related to FTL here. If you are having a problem or experiencing a bug PLEASE READ THE "MUST READ" POST.
DCChuckles

Re: Full Screen

Postby DCChuckles » Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:47 pm

zasdarq wrote:Ok. I'm going to have to email GOG! Something is screwy with them :) In the meantime, create a settings.ini file right in the root and add the following lines:

fullscreen=0
music=100
sound=100
altpause=1
dialog_keys=1
lowend=0
logging=1
ach_pop=1

Then fullscreen 0 is windowed, 1 is stretched, and 2 is black borders. That should get you going!

What do you mean by file?Do you just mean folder, or what?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:38 am

Just a text file, and name it "settings.ini" then open it with notepad.

Right click - > New - > Text Document.

Rename: settings.ini

Right click - > Open With -> Notepad

Hope that helps :)
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
keyzcz

Postby keyzcz » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:01 am

I honestly do not understand why player who bought this game have to read long topic like this about something like common like fullscreen.

You should not know that people have HD monitors and they want to run game it this mod?
If somebody ask here what should he do? He will get answer about editing some files and setting monitor...

WTF?
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:04 am

Hey. I just put a beta patch on Steam that should make this issue go away for most people. Please check it out, you can see how here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2707

And then reading these long topics will hopefully no longer be necessary! I'm doing my best to correct these issues. Please be patient, we're a two man development team.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
GuyJeb

Postby GuyJeb » Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:58 pm

SVoyager wrote:
zasdarq wrote:@Keyzcz If your monitor doesn't support 1280x720, then it will find the closest possible resolution to maximize the game screen but still requires black borders. Sorry about that, but if it stretched it on that aspect ratio the game would look very ugly and strange :(

I think its having hard time to do that. On my previous post, I have been able to switch to 1280x720 myself to take the picture, yet the game did not in either stretched or black bars options. Obviously my screen can get to that resolution, while not being its native resolution.

I cant test right now but the way I see this if I understand you correctly on your next post is that we should all put
screen_x=<value>
screen_y=<value>
at 1280x720 and run in stretched mode then?

Since the native resolution of this game is 1280x720, is that the only way to force the game in that resolution?

So this worked for me once I changed the following to:

screen_x=1280
screen_y=800

Mind you, I run normally in 1680 x 1200 so this fit perfect.
MrDominikH001

Full Screen

Postby MrDominikH001 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Yea i start up the game and the window is off screne and i cant change the size of it in short it is too big for my screne and i wont to play the game but it is impposible because i cant see half of the screne could you help
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:38 pm

MrDominikH001: Are you using any of Windows scaling / high DPI settings? That's known to cause that problem.
Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka

Postby Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka » Wed May 08, 2013 6:10 pm

Hey, I started having a similar problem with the game. I suspect it may have something to do with Steam as it was working fine for a long time but now whenever I go to load it, it loads in a window, even if it's set to fullscreen in game. I've tried the other methods suggested in this thread too but they dont seem to work. I'd really like it fixed since the windowed version is too large for my screen and makes it pretty much impossible to play :(
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am

@Du_Hijarta_Skulblaka:

Have you recently installed new video drivers?

Can you check you FTL installation folder for the file "stdout.txt" and print the output here?
Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka

Postby Du_Hjarta_Skulblaka » Thu May 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Hey there, thanks for the quick reply. I haven't installed anything new recently, the only thing I can think of is Steam's self updating but I don't know if that would affect it.

The stdout file reads as follows...

Initializing Video
Video Initialized
GL_ARB_framebuffer_object not supported.
GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two not supported, using GL_ARB_texture_rectangle
Opengl version = 1.5.0 - Build 7.15.10.1502
Starting audio library...
Audio Initialized!
Resource Preload: 20612
Initializing animations...
Animations Initialized!
Loading Ship Blueprints....
Blueprints Loaded!
Initializing Sound Data....
Generating world...
Loading achievements...