Dang Rabbit !!

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
White Elk

Dang Rabbit !!

Postby White Elk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:24 am

Had one Hull remaining on the cloak ship for loooong time. Was killing Rock Scouts with no trouble and escaping the tougher ships. Jump after jump there was no store in range. Just the one, which i could never reach. Still i thought i might at least survive the sector for a shot at an early store. Was epic battling and this crew milked that ship for all it was worth ! But dang that rabbit, we got cornered between a sun and asteroid field. Put all the scrap into engine upgrades and power. Chose the sun since it's slower. Jumped in and sure enough an enemy awaited and was ready. i cloaked and powered up. Was just about to jump but the enemy fired first. i cut O2 to power one more engine crystal. Alas, one single bolt got through and vented this brave and valiant crew to space.

Was a blast !! i dig how this game works. No mercy. Get in and go. No second chances. Keep pushing till the end. i've recovered from one hull multiple times. This makes it exciting. You just never know. Never say die. It's always worth fighting to last breath ! A chip and a chair is all it takes baaaby !! :)

http://imgur.com/n4jy4
White Elk

Re: Dang Rabbit !!

Postby White Elk » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:08 am

Haha.. just did another run in same ship and got stuck in an ultra-rare dead end in sector 1. Was only a third or so through the sector and had no choice but to double back through the feds (err.. rebels). Was three jumps to hopefully get ahead of them. But got pwned with a direct hit to weapons for the burn and the red-line. Still this was great fun, even though the deck was seriously stacked against.

The game is great as is. But with yet even more depth, this game might just compel me as much as no-limit Texas Hold-em does. Great fun to get down on the stack with rising blinds, then use what you got table cred wise and make a big move to turn the tables. It is the comebacks where i have the most fun. The easy runs they bore. It is the tough ones that makes me whoop and holler !

i analyse my fun here, and far as i know now, it is making do with what you got, getting behind, but then turning it all around for the win that got my excitement here !!