(FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
AI41

Re: (FTL RP) FTL: Lakibar Station

Postby AI41 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:59 am

"Jack, since you're the head of the station, you are probably in charge of what we are supplied. I need at least 59 kgs of Uranite, 20 litres of dibreutane silver and 1 litre of Sulfoxide Hydronitrobromide before we could have the medical and repair bays supporting this station's full capacity.

I don't actually know if Uranite, dibreutane silver or Sulfoxide Hydronitrobromide exist,
but they do in this universe now.
WARNING: Shipyard Complex Overload
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:17 am

“Sorry for the confusion Slock,” Garnarg replied, pausing to sniff the air, “Good thing we got Gyldi. And speaking of her hey Gyl...” He was interupted by her listing some materials that sounded like nonsense to Garn. “We’re getting a refill of supplies when the interns arrive, which might be a while. I’ll ask them if we’re getting.” Garnarg paused for half a second, reading her mind. “Uranite, Dibreutane Silver and Sulfoxide Hyronitrobromide, those things exist?”
AI41

Postby AI41 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:15 am

"Yes. Dibreutane silver is a potent antiseptic/painkiller, Sulfoxide Hydronitrobromide's a useful antibiotic gas, and Uranite has unique electrical properties. You did mention that I was going to be the mechanic on the shuttle, so I had a look at it's stores. It's just needing the Uranite."
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:35 am

Garnarg concentrated, reading Gyldi’s mind is hard due to her very unique life. “59 kiloss, sso I presume that’s in Federation unitss, I’ll convert that into the universsal unit of ponduss. I’ll just forward that to Lakibar. If no one needs anything, I’ll be off. Got ssome taxess, the only reason I came was to greet Jack and that’s all sorted.”
4n4rch1st

Postby 4n4rch1st » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 am

Jack finally reached the cargo bays. In there were a few boxes. Some of them were supplies for the station, while others had names relating to the other members of Lakibar Station. It only took a few seconds for him to find his. Opening it, he found three teddy bears. Two of them had only standard wear and tear; however, one of them had claw marks over it. Jack thought back to his other brother. Sure, he was... unusual. But he loved him all the same.
Well done war hero and or olympian. We are satisfied by your contribution to The Rebellio- BZZZZT Hey! That's the clone bay, not a bathroom.

Fact: Now with 110% more snarkyness!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:33 am

Slocknaw was busy with patching up the life support systems in order to get rid of the rancid smell coming from poorly filtered air. "Seems there are no leaks" he reported in his personal log. "Heh, if Charlie were here, he'd try and patch them up with duct tape or a piece of raw bacon... wait a minute"
He gave the equivalent of a frown as he sniffed the air again, then he checked one of the filters. "It seems whoever was here last had tried to use the air filter near the heat exchange as a grill for their breakfast" he remarked, peeling a piece of cooked, but still rancid bacon out of the system.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 am

Garnarg slithered into his office. It was neatly organised with cabinets ordered in a way only he could understand, mainly because it was written in a obscure slug script commonly used by his home, a reminder as to what happened. "Okay, where was that list?" He opened a draw and under the file 'Π' was a dozen or so files, with one labeled 'Προσωρινή λίστα εργασιών (Για Προ-Εσωτερική)' which was a job list for everyone until the interns arrive. "Okay, I just have to translate."
The Federation provides some of the best services, with their top of the line quantum computer hardware and its expertly crafted software that can organize files within a millisecond. The Federation has all of these excellent systems, which is why Garnarg doesn't use it. If its Federation its corrupt. Garnarg would never use anything or support anything by the Federation. Heck, the only reason Garnarg hasn't ejected himself out of Lakibar Station is because he needs the money.
AI41

Postby AI41 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:08 am

Gyldi walked back to her new workplace and began messing around with bits of metal in the repair bay. "I need this, and this, and these." She retrieved parts she thought could be used to construct some sort of contraption.
Jumbocarrot0

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:20 am

"Aaaand, done!" were the words muttered by Garnarg after he finished writing the final word of the 3rd copy of the translated employee job list. He slithered out and dropped the three copies into their respected pigeon holes in the employee's lounge. He sniffed, 'Bacon?' he thought. He shrugged it off and proceeded to the cargo bay. He passed Jack with a quick 'Good day' and went to a package labeled 'Garnarg.' He picked it up and went back to his office, passing Jack with a 'See you around' before opening it in his office. In it was an envelope marked 'internships,' that was quickly written over with 'Ικανοί' and shoved in its appropriate cabinet. Another was a letter from a man named "Guuhag," again stuffed into an appropriate filing cabinet. Finally a book titled 'A Slug's Guide to the Mind.' was taken out of the package with a post it note attached reading 'Σε περίπτωση που ξεχάσετε.' 'Slocknaw would find this helpful.'
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:27 pm

"And now the air should be a little bit clearer" Slocknaw said, sealing up the last vent cover. He wiped a hand over his forehead in imitation of the Human ritual of wiping sweat off the "brow" which only seemed to just scatter slime on the walls.
He made his way towards the cargo bay to check for his special deliveries, passing by Garnarg's slime trail; it hadn't evaporated yet so he knew it was only within the past few minutes he had entered the bay. He said his greetings to Jack and explained how he fixed the issues with the life support system before retrieving his cargo; he entered in the code on the crate and retrieved a large footlocker from within.

The footlocker contained quite a few things. His various Federation uniforms and civilian clothing, his service rifle, several small drives containing "useful anatomical information" and a small device that looked like a harness with two round discs on the front and back. A Slug would immediately recognise it as a personal cloaking device; the sort one could wear under clothing and be operated from a personal data tablet or by hitting it hard enough.
He put the device on as well as slinging his rifle before taking the footlocker to his quarters. If only we had one of those cargo lifters... or a drone for this work, he thought to himself amusedly.