[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:44 am

stylesrj wrote:While still on course for the ship, the Rebel cruiser flipped around and fired back at the Scarab. It even launched an Artemis missile (and of course it would be the last weapon to go if Weapons were damaged).
It managed to avoid the railgun shot while doing this manoeuvre, however the Crystal projectiles impacted with the shield and one of them slammed into the engines, causing the Rebel cruiser to veer off course from the gravitational waves of the derelict and force it to try again for another run.


Bren growled a bit and fired one more shot with the railgun when he got the warning lights, "Over heated"

"Shit that was my last shot, well hope it hits the engines" he said as he dodged the missile, he fired the crystal shot just in case to help the rail going for the piloting
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:03 am

Most of the railgun shot's damage had been avoided as it glanced off the engines but it still imparted enough force to take the cruiser away from its second attack run. It spun rapidly around only for the Crystal shots to not hit piloting but the part of the ship that was generating the jamming effect.

The Cruiser attempted to return fire, however its shots seemed to have vanished or curved wildly. Eden looked gravely concerned now. Lux is still on that derelict...
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:47 am

stylesrj wrote:Most of the railgun shot's damage had been avoided as it glanced off the engines but it still imparted enough force to take the cruiser away from its second attack run. It spun rapidly around only for the Crystal shots to not hit piloting but the part of the ship that was generating the jamming effect.

The Cruiser attempted to return fire, however its shots seemed to have vanished or curved wildly. Eden looked gravely concerned now. Lux is still on that derelict...



Bren kept firing the crystals, hoping to disable their engines or weapons, but it kept avoiding them, knowing that his weapons were dangerous

"Gorlag weapon status!?" he called out

"Giving it all I got, trying to cool it off, might be able to get one shot off but you really gotta make it count!" he called back

Bren took aim for their cockpit, if he could do a direct shot and hull breach it he might be able to prevent any more movement, and hopefully let Eden's troops go in to interegate them

He pressed the button to fire and Gorlag cried out in pain as the weapons burst into flames right after he fired

"FIRE IN THE WEAPON ROOM!" he called out exiting

"Sending the Drones in to put it out, you did good" he said as he watched the shoot wiz through space...would it hit its mark though...
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:07 am

Just as the shots it fired couldn't reach their targets, the shots fired at the Rebel Cruiser were unable to be in return. Even the heroic "Hit them with your last bullet" shot that normally hit for a lot of damage just seemed to have... disappeared.
"I don't think they can fight back" Eden said to Bren, trying to get a sensor reading "I'm unable to scan the ship in that gravity field."
She suggested Gorlag try a search for lifesigns - perhaps Telepathy broke the bonds of space and time and physics and could allow one to see in a zone where even light had trouble moving fast.

Up to you if the enemy crew is still alive or if they mysteriously died or vanished from the singularity stuff. There's no way Eden is going to risk her crew to board that, especially if lasers don't even travel straight. What would a teleporter beam do?
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:15 am

stylesrj wrote:Just as the shots it fired couldn't reach their targets, the shots fired at the Rebel Cruiser were unable to be in return. Even the heroic "Hit them with your last bullet" shot that normally hit for a lot of damage just seemed to have... disappeared.
"I don't think they can fight back" Eden said to Bren, trying to get a sensor reading "I'm unable to scan the ship in that gravity field."
She suggested Gorlag try a search for lifesigns - perhaps Telepathy broke the bonds of space and time and physics and could allow one to see in a zone where even light had trouble moving fast.

Up to you if the enemy crew is still alive or if they mysteriously died or vanished from the singularity stuff. There's no way Eden is going to risk her crew to board that, especially if lasers don't even travel straight. What would a teleporter beam do?


Gorlag focused his mind

"No one left...' he said

"So we won...alright...but I never hit their life support so how did they die?" he asked as the drones worked to put out the fire and repair any damages caused by it
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:50 pm

Lux's voice seemed to cut off unnaturally over the radio. "Lux? You still there?" No response. Shit Kyrie turned around and inched back to where she thought Lux was, only to find a wall she didn't remember being there. Stepping back, he foot got caught on something and she fell backwards onto the floor. Reaching to her foot, she found there was something wrapped around it. It felt almost like... a hand? What the fuck?! She quickly yanked her foot free and pushed herself back, breathing hard. Standing up quickly, she found the nearest door and stepped through it. She felt around for something and bumped into what felt like a captain's chair.
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:23 am

Jake felt someone tumble on top of him. He crashed to the floor, the being crushing him. He went in for a left hook, before realizing the familiarity and unique structure of Mature EVA suit.

"It's Jake! Jake Collins! Who are you?" He asked, trying to calm down the terrified newcomer, though Jake was just as panicked as they were, pushing the body off of him through the sea of dark.

Suddenly, Jake heard a loud clang as the Blast Doors of the control room spontaneously fell into place, locking them in.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:26 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Jake felt someone tumble on top of him. He crashed to the floor, the being crushing him. He went in for a left hook, before realizing the familiarity and unique structure of Mature EVA suit.

"It's Jake! Jake Collins! Who are you?" He asked, pushiby the body off of him through the sea of dark.

Suddenly, Jake heard a loud clang as the Blast Doors of the control room spontaneously fell into place, locking them in.


"Gorlag can you sense the others on the ship?" Bren asked

He shook his head, "I kinda sense them, they are alive...but its hard to get a bead on them, I can tell they are on the ship just not where" he said trying to focus his mind on the ship
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:07 am

It was hard to tell what had happened without seeing any of it, but Kyrie felt like she had fallen on to someone. Suddenly her head was bashed against the side of her helmet, and she was quickly pushed off onto the floor. While frantically trying to get away, she heard Jakes voice piercing through the silence. "Jake?! It's me, Kyrie. How can I hear you? I thought my radio had gone out. And what happened to you?"
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:44 am

Lux then also tripped herself into the tangled mess Jake and Kyrie had ended up in.
"Holy crap!" she shouted, her voice frantic "We need to get out of here! This is not fun at all!"

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests