[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:40 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Shouldn't Ruwen be a bit more excited about the prospects of a wormhole considering that's how you reach the Crystal Homeworlds? Maybe he knows it will lead somewhere due to gravity space-time... whatever tech Crystals use when making wormholes... because right now, we're essentially going off-mission again and sticking our prows into random space holes.


See, that's what I thought. Bren should be SUPER excited. Ruwen should be EVEN MORE excited. But then I realized - nah. Bren and Ruwen are the image of chill. Look up chill in the dictionary, and you find Ruwen and Bren. Think "Almost Spok"


"I won't lie" Ruwen said looking at the wormhole, "This is reminding me of our way home" He said

"Think its your way home?" Bren asked

"I'm willing to give it a shot" Ruwen said

"Everyone else up for doing this?" Bren asked

Gorlag and Grem gave their approvals

"So team we all in?"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 pm

"Allright! Let's go!" Jake said. "Scarab, you go first. Pelican falls in second, and we'll take up the rear. To monitor stability of the wormhole's mouth."

Jake watched the Scarab pull away and slowly proceed into the wormhole, before being lost is the shimmering light. The Pelican fell in behind a few seconds later, disappearing into the light.

"Our turn!" Sarah said. "It's still safe!"

Jake slowly but steadily pulled them into the wormhole. Gravity took hold and they slid into the blinding light uncontrollably.

Jake became super disoriented as they tumbled through the vortex, twisting and turning. Suddenly, there was this loud feedback noise - the same kind of thing you'd hear at a rock concert... only much, MUCH louder.

"Something's wrong!" Sarah said into the comms. "The wormhole just... shifted!"

They tumbled out of the wormhole, cascading back into Normal Space. Jake took a scan of the area. The Scarab and Pelican were there! He detected their unique FTL drive signatures. But out of the window, all he saw were some strange black masses floating through a dark blue haze. Visually, the Scarab and Pelican were nowhere to be found. But their FTL drive signatures were right there...

"Sarah, where the hell are we?" Jake asked. "I'm picking up the Scarab and Pelican... but I don't see them. I don't even see stars... just this weird dark blue stuff with those black masses in the distance."

"Jake... you're not going to like this..." She said.

"What?"

"We came out in the exact location as the Pelican and Scarab. The same time, too. But I think... I think we're in another dimensional plain."

Jake sank back in his chair and put his hands over his face. "Trying to defeat the Rebels, get stuck in another fricken dimension. Why can things never be OK?"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:31 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:"Allright! Let's go!" Jake said. "Scarab, you go first. Pelican falls in second, and we'll take up the rear. To monitor stability of the wormhole's mouth."

Jake watched the Scarab pull away and slowly proceed into the wormhole, before being lost is the shimmering light. The Pelican fell in behind a few seconds later, disappearing into the light.

"Our turn!" Sarah said. "It's still safe!"

Jake slowly but steadily pulled them into the wormhole. Gravity took hold and they slid into the blinding light uncontrollably.

Jake became super disoriented as they tumbled through the vortex, twisting and turning. Suddenly, there was this loud feedback noise - the same kind of thing you'd hear at a rock concert... only much, MUCH louder.

"Something's wrong!" Sarah said into the comms. "The wormhole just... shifted!"

They tumbled out of the wormhole, cascading back into Normal Space. Jake took a scan of the area. The Scarab and Pelican were there! He detected their unique FTL drive signatures. But out of the window, all he saw were some strange black masses floating through a dark blue haze. Visually, the Scarab and Pelican were nowhere to be found. But their FTL drive signatures were right there...

"Sarah, where the hell are we?" Jake asked. "I'm picking up the Scarab and Pelican... but I don't see them. I don't even see stars... just this weird dark blue stuff with those black masses in the distance."

"Jake... you're not going to like this..." She said.

"What?"

"We came out in the exact location as the Pelican and Scarab. The same time, too. But I think... I think we're in another dimensional plain."

Jake sank back in his chair and put his hands over his face. "Trying to defeat the Rebels, get stuck in another fricken dimension. Why can things never be OK?"


Over with Bren he was looking around

"Well looks like normal space, and I'm...reading everyone else, but I don't see Jake anywhere, hey Everyone on the Pelican did Jake install cloaking and not tell me?" he asked
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:14 am

Honestly? I think Eden would mutiny if she had to go into an unstable wormhole without knowing what's on the other side. So all aboard!

Eden adamantly refused to dive into the wormhole just because all the cool kids were doing it.
However as she went to pull away from the anomaly, a pair of metallic rods came sweeping out of the middle of the wormhole and grabbed the cargo hauler, pushing it within against the will of the Captain. She swore she could hear the sounds of a train as she found herself stuck in the same dimensional space as everyone else.
"This is why you don't go diving into space anomalies" Eden grumbled, looking about the trippy landscape "Any idea where our friends went so we can get them out of here?"
"Weird... umm Eden, I can't seem to find them on the sensors... it's like they're here but... not here?" Lux remarked, sending the telemetry over.
"They couldn't have just upped and vanished on their own means" Eden said.
"To be fair we were gobbled up by a wormhole. Who knows what it did to them... and us?" Lux commented, looking about the external cameras "All I'm seeing are rails, like we're inside a giant transit station..."

Yes, The Pelican was literally railroaded into the wormhole.
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:01 pm

Wait, so does this mean that the Scarab is in the Crystal sector, the Mature is in some weird alternate dimension, and the Pelican is in a railroad station dimension? I'm confused...
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
User avatar
BrenTenkage
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:48 pm
Location: On my Chair LPing mods

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:04 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:Wait, so does this mean that the Scarab is in the Crystal sector, the Mature is in some weird alternate dimension, and the Pelican is in a railroad station dimension? I'm confused...


I thought the Scarab and Pelican was in the crystal sector, same with the Lanius, with the Mature in the sector but on another plane
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm

I thought we were trapped in some weird dimension where everyone is in the same place but we're all seeing different things out the window/cameras because our minds cannot comprehend the true form of the space outside so we all imagine different backgrounds.
User avatar
JakeCollins
Posts: 408
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:26 pm
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:23 pm

stylesrj wrote:I thought we were trapped in some weird dimension where everyone is in the same place but we're all seeing different things out the window/cameras because our minds cannot comprehend the true form of the space outside so we all imagine different backgrounds.


Oh, cool! That's not what I was thinking. Rather, the Pelican and Scarab were in Normal Space, while the Mature was in some alternate universe that is still comprehendible but just weird. But that works too!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Chickengames
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:24 pm

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:58 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:
stylesrj wrote:I thought we were trapped in some weird dimension where everyone is in the same place but we're all seeing different things out the window/cameras because our minds cannot comprehend the true form of the space outside so we all imagine different backgrounds.


Oh, cool! That's not what I was thinking. Rather, the Pelican and Scarab were in Normal Space, while the Mature was in some alternate universe that is still comprehendible but just weird. But that works too!


So which are we doing?
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Considering how Eden would NOPE the hell out of there in the presence of an unstable wormhole (remember, we initially thought it was a singularity) she'd be the last one to go in... if at all. You'd have to literally railroad her into going there.

"A giant transit station?" Eden asked Lux, looking out the external cameras, then using the windows to confirm it.
Light signatures whizzed across the various tubes and rails. Some stopped at various points only to resume at high speed.
Lux shrugged "Best way I could describe it... I'm a medical doctor, not a theoretical physicist and I grew up on space stations and space ships. The bigger ones had transit tubes so you didn't have to walk from one end to another."
"I'm getting us the hell out of here..." Eden said, starting up the engines.

"We're not moving" the crew informed her "We seem to be stuck in place."
"Just what's keeping us stuck in place?"
"We'll go outside and..."
Lux interjected "I don't think that's a good idea. Sensors are going crazy with the radiation readings; even with a spacesuit on, the moment you go out there, you'll be subjected to lethal amounts of radiation. You'd be dead within minutes before the medbay could even patch you up."
"So we're stuck here?" Eden asked.
"Not necessarily. If this is a giant transit station... we just need to find some way of fitting this hauler onto the rails..."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests