[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:00 pm

Kyrie smiled. “I like how you think,” she said while climbing into the cargo loader. She picked up one of the crates with the loader and positioned herself near the door. “So you cut it and I’ll throw it out?”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Lux shrugged and donned a respirator, handing Kyrie one as well "Close enough I suppose..."
She checked the sensors and then cut the engines, letting the Inquisition ship accelerate towards them "We don't want to play it too soon however. The moment we open the cargo bay door, they'll know something is up..."

Scans indicated that the vessel in question did not have a teleporter. "Alright, Kyrie I'm going to open the doors. Throw the crate out as soon as you can and brace yourself for a hard burn... if it's just explosives we can swing back and salvage what's left of the ship..."
And if it's a singularity in a box... well a hard burn wouldn't save us or this system.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Kyrie put on the respirator and nodded to Lux. The door opened, and, as soon as there was space, she threw the crate out. It drifted toward the ship for a few seconds before exploding. Kyrie felt the heat almost immediately and looked away. When she looked back the Inquisition ship was in pieces, a third of it slowly floating toward them. “I can’t believe that actually worked!”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:51 pm

Lux was also astounded by this as the Inquisition ship exploded into large pieces, the paint flaking off in the blast. "Well there goes our payment but I get the feeling it wasn't worth the risks... let's hope Bren had better luck helping those Rockmen with their marriage..."
She brought the runabout in towards the the surviving chunk of the Inquisition ship and caught it in a tractor beam, towing it back towards the station. "The Burst Laser Mk.II also survived the explosion... maybe we can cut it off and attach it to the runabout for some firepower."
She then imagined the ship with a large laser cannon sticking out the side; the runabout after all wasn't even the size of a scout ship.

They got back to the station a little after Bren did. "Wait... you did WHAT!?" Lux exclaimed, hearing about the engagement.
Eden was snickering "Congrats Grem. Try not to bite his head off like you did to that Mantis..."
"Bite?" Lux asked.
"Did I say bite or talk?" Eden remarked playfully "I guess that'll be a mystery."

Lux shook her head then resumed her cheery smile "Please tell me you got paid in advance..."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:57 pm

"You heard about what I did to that one mantis" she said doing her low giggle

'Wait what?!" Bren cried out

"Well I was a former Rock Commando, but then daddy wanted me to get married settle down, chisel some new kids, and help him get higher up in ranking or something" she said

"What have I gotten myself into?" Bren asked face palming a bit

he was picked up and put on her shoulder and she smiled

"You are getting married when this war is over to a badass comando thats what" She said pounding her chest once for emphsis

"Right...anyway as for me getting paid...well...we did take some scrap and broken weapons from some of the ships, so should help, nothing useable sadly" he said rubbing the back of his head as he rode on Grem's shoulder
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:09 am

Eden said to Grem "Sure I did... I overheard it at a bar about a Rockman who went against family tradition to become a Commando, fighting Mantis warriors hand-to-claw even when everyone else was using guns"
She laughed and patted her stomach "Sounds like something I'd do on foes with less sharp appendages."

Lux said to Bren "That so? All we got was a Rock ship... part of one."
"So what did happen over there anyway?" Eden asked Lux "You didn't deliver the package."
"Our client was the Supreme Inquisition and they were getting backing from the Rebels to-"
Eden facepalmed "Luxanna, all three sides are being funded by the Rebellion. If the Rockman Inquisitions united as one front, they'd be a significant threat..."
"Shouldn't we tell them that? Get them angry at being played for fools?"
"They already know they're being played by the same people. They're just that stubborn to fight each other that they'll take weapons from the same guys who funded their enemies."
"Because if they don't, they'll give it to their enemies."
"Exactly. I chose that mission for you because it was supposed to be a simple cargo delivery... doesn't matter which side gets the upper hand, the Rebellion would make sure it doesn't last. You would have been paid and then we stop the Rebellion!"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:15 am

stylesrj wrote:Eden said to Grem "Sure I did... I overheard it at a bar about a Rockman who went against family tradition to become a Commando, fighting Mantis warriors hand-to-claw even when everyone else was using guns"
She laughed and patted her stomach "Sounds like something I'd do on foes with less sharp appendages."

Lux said to Bren "That so? All we got was a Rock ship... part of one."
"So what did happen over there anyway?" Eden asked Lux "You didn't deliver the package."
"Our client was the Supreme Inquisition and they were getting backing from the Rebels to-"
Eden facepalmed "Luxanna, all three sides are being funded by the Rebellion. If the Rockman Inquisitions united as one front, they'd be a significant threat..."
"Shouldn't we tell them that? Get them angry at being played for fools?"
"They already know they're being played by the same people. They're just that stubborn to fight each other that they'll take weapons from the same guys who funded their enemies."
"Because if they don't, they'll give it to their enemies."
"Exactly. I chose that mission for you because it was supposed to be a simple cargo delivery... doesn't matter which side gets the upper hand, the Rebellion would make sure it doesn't last. You would have been paid and then we stop the Rebellion!"

Bren sighed, "Hate to admit it, but those rebels are clever bastards, using rock stubborness and dogma to their advantage" he said

"Agreed, I'll be glad to help out" Grem said setting Bren down and going into position over at the shield room
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:37 am

"And of course, they have no moral qualms about violating another culture's internal affairs by openly giving each side weapons" Eden said "Something which you Federation-types abhor and why pirates find Federation colonies to be easy targets."

Lux informed Kyrie "I think you should keep the cargo lifter with you."
"Never really needed them anyway" Eden added, grabbing a large box a Rockman had set down nearby before boarding the Pelican.
She gestured for Lux to follow her back while the technicians got to work fixing the hull and rearranging some of the weapons arrays; turns out the Burst Laser Mk.II could be fitted to the cargo hauler and the Dual Laser could be moved to the runabout without taking too much power from the smaller ship's reactor.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:12 am

“Really?! I mean... if you insist...” Kyrie quickly climbed into the machine and started to take it back to the Mutare. “There’s so much I could do with this. A little improvement on speed and some armor could make this thing a fighting machine!” She marveled at the possibilities while slowly moving onto the Mutare. “Jake! We got a giant exoskeleton!”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:56 am

"So why haven't you armoured and armed up those lifters anyway?" Lux asked Eden.
"It's not that practical" Eden replied "Those machines break down way too often and are slow. Maybe Kyrie could find some way of turning it into a Boarding Drone... without the computer systems"