[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
JakeCollins

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:04 pm

stylesrj wrote:
What's a Lanius? :lol: Remember, the most knowledge we have of 'em is "Metal Eaters."

Right fixed...

"Looks like it's up to Bren. I don't think I could do that sort of trick with the teleporter" Eden said "Especially at the short ranges I need to have mine operate at..."
Despite the expanding singularity, the station was making sure that when it went down, it took everyone else around it with them. Those Rebels have turned suicidally crazy... Lux thought to herself.

"Wait..." Sarah said. "It's not a suicide mission. The Rebels have complete... complete control over the Black Hole. They are currently in no danger, as the Black Hole increases in strength,"

"They've mastered Black Hole induction..." Jake whispered, a sickening feeling forming in his stomach as the ship began to struggle against the gravity of the Black Hole. Jake fired a barrage of shots at the rebel ship, each and every one was swept off target and into the Black Hole.

"We can't escape, we can't fire, and we can't teleport- Bren, you have to get in close enough to take a shot-" Jake began.

The station fired its devastating laser and beam weapons, simultaneously at the Scarab. The force of the combined blast sent the ship hurtling backward in slow motion. Plating from the ship flew from its place, and the hull plating from where the blast hit was torn to shreds, leaving exposed hallways and such.

According to his quick scans, engines were completely offline on the Scarab - it was dead in the water. Jake finally realized what was happening: The Scarab dead in the water, the Pelicans transporter useless, the Mature without shields due to Black Hole proximity... they were falling. They were dying.

Another devastating blast hit the Matures bottom hull. Despite the futuristic engineering, the hull was badly damaged - in the red zone.

Jake sent out a fleet wide transmission. "Guys... I think this is it... but no way are we going to accept that now. Pelican, Eden. If you are still able, use impulse engines to escape the Black Hole's effects. Then jump away. Don't come back. As for the rest of the United Rogue Union, today is a good day to go down fighting."

Does the Mature have some kind of tractor beam? Something that can move object around? I (Jake) have an idea...
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:15 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:
stylesrj wrote:
What's a Lanius? :lol: Remember, the most knowledge we have of 'em is "Metal Eaters."

Right fixed...

"Looks like it's up to Bren. I don't think I could do that sort of trick with the teleporter" Eden said "Especially at the short ranges I need to have mine operate at..."
Despite the expanding singularity, the station was making sure that when it went down, it took everyone else around it with them. Those Rebels have turned suicidally crazy... Lux thought to herself.

"Wait..." Sarah said. "It's not a suicide mission. The Rebels have complete... complete control over the Black Hole. They are currently in no danger, as the Black Hole increases in strength,"

"They've mastered Black Hole induction..." Jake whispered, a sickening feeling forming in his stomach as the ship began to struggle against the gravity of the Black Hole. Jake fired a barrage of shots at the rebel ship, each and every one was swept off target and into the Black Hole.

"We can't escape, we can't fire, and we can't teleport- Bren, you have to get in close enough to take a shot-" Jake began.

The station fired its devastating laser and beam weapons, simultaneously at the Scarab. The force of the combined blast sent the ship hurtling backward in slow motion. Plating from the ship flew from its place, and the hull plating from where the blast hit was torn to shreds, leaving exposed hallways and such.

According to his quick scans, engines were completely offline on the Scarab - it was dead in the water. Jake finally realized what was happening: The Scarab dead in the water, the Pelicans transporter useless, the Mature without shields due to Black Hole proximity... they were falling. They were dying.

Another devastating blast hit the Matures bottom hull. Despite the futuristic engineering, the hull was badly damaged - in the red zone.

Jake sent out a fleet wide transmission. "Guys... I think this is it... but no way are we going to accept that now. Pelican, Eden. If you are still able, use impulse engines to escape the Black Hole's effects. Then jump away. Don't come back. As for the rest of the United Rogue Union, today is a good day to go down fighting."

Does the Mature have some kind of tractor beam? Something that can move object around? I (Jake) have an idea...

Bren sighed a bit closing and clasping his hands in a silent prayer, making his final peace

Gorlag wasn't a praying man but he hoped the afterlife would be kind

As for Ruwen he looked out ready to die, at least he would die fighting...his only regret not seeing his home again....
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:52 pm

Allright. I'm gonna say the Mature has some kind of tractor beam. (After all, a forcefield is basically a reverse tractor beam, and our doors are forcefields. And our hovering systems are basically a force-field cushion, too.)

Suddenly, Jake had an idea. A grotesque, terrible, awful idea. He powered up the tractor beam, and dumped a little extra power into it. More than it should be able to handle.

"Jake! The tractor beam is unstable-" Sarah started. There was a flash of light and a massive explosion roared in Jakes ears, as shots struck the ship. Sarah went offline, as the CPU of the ship was damaged.

A panel collapsed on top of Jake, as steam rose from a burst pipe in the wall beside him. This was it. He could barely see through the steam, save for the dim, flickering light of the control panel, and the flashing "Code Red" light strip. The ship shook as a secondary explosion went off, somewhere down in the engine room. There was a huge roar as part of the hull collapsed behind him. Jake coughed as minor toxins began flooding the room, as he managed to barely read the hazy, flickering control panel.

I'm sorry... He thought.

Jake locked the tractor beam on one of the strange metallic ships. It was a good seal, mainly because of all the metal in the ship. He swung the tractor beam 'round, and the bladed ship hurtled into the Rebels gravity. The Black Hole gravity field accelerated the ship forward. Jake watched as the strange ship desperately tried to escape, but it was far too late. In a massive explosion, the metal ship smashed directly into the rebel station. Jake broke into tears.

The smaller metallic craft was completely obliterated, and the Rebels were severely damaged. An entire section of the station had collapsed. But alas, it was not enough. The Rebels took a shot at the Pelican, but Jake couldn't bother to look at the Pelicans damage.

Through tears and smoke, Jake locked the tractor beam on another retreating metal ship, flinging it at the Rebel station. Once again, the Black Holes gravity worked against the Rebels, accelerating the metallic ship into a collision-trajectory. The blades on this ship acted as actual blades, slicing a gaping hole into the Rebel station with a fiery eruption.

And yet, it was still not enough. The Rebels were still online. The metal ships were retreating as fast as they could, with good reason. But one with a damaged impulse drive straggled behind, and Jake locked target on his next innocent victim. Jake was sobbing as he managed to acquire a lock, dragging the defenseless ship away from its comrades. It tried to claw its way out of range with impulse, but it was no use. Jake swung the ship around, and with one last eruption, the Rebel station was torn apart, and the Black Hole disintegrated.

As the station fell to pieces, Jake banged his fist against the control panel. "They wanted to surrender!" He sobbed. "And I used them as freakin' projectiles!" Jake realized that both the Pelican and the Scarab would have been too distracted (and damaged) to see or notice what Jake had just done. They wouldn't have seen Jake fling innocent aliens into the Rebels as some form of weapon. And Sarah... Sarah was offline. No one knew. Jake was the only one who knew what atrocities he had just committed... And it would haunt him forever...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 pm

Eden fell to the deck as the beam swept across the Pelican's shields. The weapon tore a massive gash through the hull and made the cargo hauler shudder.
Several panels nearby exploded into a shower of sparks as the pirate tried to regain her balance and get the ship out of the way.
Damage reports were coming all throughout the ship. Fires in several sections and hull breaches in others. One of the secondary cargo bays seemed to have been sliced right open and the Scrap within had been vented into space, hurtling into the singularity before it collapsed.

"Holy crap" Lux said as she checked the sensors. The Pelican had taken some beatings before but this was significant... "I don't think we can buff this one out" she said to Kyrie "Now we should... the singularity... it's gone? But how? Jake?"
Please be alive, please be alive, Lux thought to herself, sending a message over the comms "Jake... are you there? Answer me Captain... my..." She remembered that in that poem, the Captain had died... "No just answer answer me!"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:48 pm

Over with Bren he noticed something his engines were back online, and he saw on the interior camera that Trench and the other repair drone had patched it up enough

"GREAT WORK!" he called out, "I'm going in!" Bren called out as he felt the singulary weakened and he flew right in, feeling the pressure as parts of his ship began to tear itself apart

"Guys if we don't make it...it was an honor to help the Federation!" he called out on all frequencies as he fired the railcannon when he felt he was close enough to the weapon itself

The rail shot tore right through it and everyone could see a surge of energy began to build up

"Alright beacon shot online, we can jump out, don't care where we end up I'm hitting the jump!" he called out imputting the jump, he and his crew didn't see the war crime that Jake had commited, Bren just thought he was lucky, but he couldn't help but notice right before he went that he saw some peices of the "Metal Eaters" floating around him
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:21 am

“No shit, Lux.” Kyrie grabbed a fire extinguisher and started to put out some fires in the hall. She heard Lux scream something and turned back into the room. It seemed Jake wasn’t answering. She was silent and waited for Jake’s answer, eyes wide.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:27 pm

Jake was sitting dead-in-the water. The fires were gone, because most of the oxygen had vented from the ship. All systems except for sensors and comms were completely dead. The helm was completely offline now, but Jake couldn't see it through the steam from a broken pipe.

Jake flipped the small silver switch, to activate short-wave-radio. The comm net was severely damaged, but the radio buzzed to life.

"This is..." Jake managed to choke through the haze. "Fleet Commander Jake Collins of the United Rogue Union. I... require... immediate.... assistance.... life support... failing... All systems... offline. Repeat. Immediate... assistance... requir-"

Jake couldn't do it anymore. He passed out completely, most likely from a lack of oxygen. He was totally unconscious before his body hit the floor.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:42 am

"Jake?" Lux shouted into the radio. "Eden, we have to get to the Mutare! Jake needs our help!"
Eden said "I heard it too... I'm trying to get the engines online now. We're not getting much impulse power... you'll have to use the runabout and get there first. Secure your friends, assess the situation and prepare to be teleported out."

Lux nodded. "Kyrie, come on, let's get him some help!" she called to her. Once she was onboard, the runabout sped out of the cargo bay and towards the crippled Mutare.
"I don't know the full extent of the damages but we need to get Jake some air... life support is leaking heavily everywhere" she said. She was still trying to maintain her smile, thinking happy thoughts that maybe Jake was sitting in a room with plenty of air and he just hit his head against a console...

The runabout rather violently slammed against the hull of the Mutare as it tried to dock near the helm. "Kyrie, take a suit, a rebreather for Jake and secure a tether."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:00 am

Kyrie nodded and pulled on a suit. She grabbed a respirator and a tether, attaching it as she stepped into the airlock. The other door opened and she stepped into the Mutare. She ran the distance to the the helm which was full of fumes and found Jake on the floor. Please don’t be dead please don’t be dead. She pulled the respirator around his head and hooked her arms under his, pulling him back the way she came. Just then, the Mutare’s artificial gravity failed. Kyrie and Jake floated backwards and into a wall. Kyrie grabbed onto Jake’s arm and pulled them back on the tether. As soon as the airlock opened into the shuttle, she pulled Jake out and kneeled down next to him. “Is he ok?!” She asked, pulling off her helmet.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:50 am

Lux quickly unbuckled herself from the seat and went to check on Jake as soon as Kyrie has brought him into the runabout. She quickly checked for a pulse before setting the respirator to the Emergency setting. Instead of sending out puffs of air for someone to breathe in a low air environment, it functioned similar to an air tank for CPR purposes, forcibly shifting the air about to restart the respiratory cycle.
If we didn't have this, I'd have to do mouth-to-mouth and I don't think that'd work too well with The Gift, she thought to herself, trying to stay positive. "Come on, live Captain! The Pelican isn't too far... "

Meanwhile, Eden was still trying to squeeze more power out of the engines when suddenly...
Well it was still damaged. The runabout was speeding back at high speeds with Jake inside. She reported to Bren and company that Jake had been secured from the Mutare and would be getting medical treatment shortly.
"At least that wasn't damaged in the sweep" Eden remarked as her crew continued their work getting things fixed.