[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby Chickengames » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:36 am

"Oh there'll be a next time, Lux. And you can count on me having something substantial. I think I've got something in mind I could pick up at the next store. You'll have something to balance it, won't you?" Kyrie watched the salvage operation out the window, the drones and people floating back and forth. "Didn't we talk about Eden's old wardrobe? I'd like to come over there and see that."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:54 am

Lux smiled wider and brought the runabout... about to the Mutare to take Kyrie to the Pelican.
"I should mention that this small ship will also be outfitted with an FTL drive eventually" Lux said "Didn't know one could be made that small but the scout ship we recovered from where we got the singularity gun from had such a device..."
She chuckled "It's about as big as Eden's stomach."
"That's rather vague" Eden commented, patting her belly "I'm sure I could fit that in as well..."

Lux took Kyrie to the Pelican's quarters. It still seemed to have a severe lack of cleaning and some of the bloodstains looked fresh. She opened up one of the footlockers which seemed filled with folded-up clothing.
Most of them were jumpsuits emblazoned with the emblem of the Pelican and seemed rather ill-fitting when held up, yet Lux seemed to be wearing hers without difficulty.
"Self-adjusting fibres" she said, lifting out a rather ruffled pink dress, followed by a set of cargo pants and a few various shirts emblazoned with band names. One such shirt even had a picture of a pulsar and three Clawhounds howling at it.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 am

Bren went back to the coms after making sure the new drone Trench as he called him was comfortable being alone, he was busy going arund fixing anything it saw with any spare scrap lying about

"Hey Sarah..." Bren asked, 'Ummm can ya keep an eye on this one, I don't think programms are supposed to turn into AI on their own...it called itself Trenchcoat like the hacker" he said, "So I'm a bit concerned"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:38 pm

When they entered the Pelican's quarters, there was a noticeable scent of blood and several stains. "Do you guys, like eat in here?" Kyrie looked around at the strange area. "And how do you live always smelling blood?" She looked through the various clothes that Lux had brought out. "I don't really listen to any of these bands, but I guess they're better than this old thing." She held up the cargo pants, which looked way too long. "Hard to believe these will change that much," she said, throwing the pants over her shoulder. "Anything else in there?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:24 pm

Lux gave a small laugh "Well, I don't eat in here but some of the crew are into scrimshaw."
She rummaged through the footlocker a bit more "I don't know how the crew does it but I'm a doctor, I'll have to get used to the smell of blood and rot..."
She pulled out a green leather jacket and said conclusively "Looks about it, unless you've changed your mind about wearing Human leather... although this jacket doesn't adjust itself"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:41 am

“I’ll take one of these band shirts,” Kyrie said as she looked at it more closely. She didn’t recognize the name. “I guess I’ll see if these self-adjusting fibers are the real deal.” She unzipped the top half of the fed jumpsuit and pulled her arms out, then pulled the shirt over her head. As soon as it was on, the shirt started to shrink down to Kyrie’s size. It fit almost perfectly. “Where has this been for the last ten years?! There’s so many times I could have used this!”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:09 am

Lux gave out a small laugh "I guess there are some starship comforts you don't get in the colonies... having clothing that could fit an adult just as well as it could fit a child would do wonders in saving storage space for more important things."
"Might as well take them all; except perhaps the dress" she added, pushing it against herself and spinning on her heels "I don't think I'll be wearing this in the near-future but I can see why Eden bought it."
"It was cheap and I liked the frills" Eden chimed in "And by cheap... I think one could buy a Burst Laser Mk.II for the same price."

Lux then gestured to another footlocker "Now you've seen the clothes, let's discuss shoes..."
"Good luck with that one" Eden remarked "Us Heavyworlders tend to have bigger feet than you Spacers."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:19 am

“I like it, but that’s not cheap! At least not for me. My parents always made me buy the stuff I wanted.” She turned her attention to the shoe locker. “So you’re saying you have adaptive clothes, but not shoes? That doesn’t make sense.” The footlocker had a wide variety of shoes, from sneakers and sandals to pumps.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:23 am

Once reports came in, and the salvaging operation was underway, Jake sat back in his piloting chair, watching the events unfold. He took a look at the sector map. According to his advanced scanners, there was some kind of station at the next beacon.

Jake lazily signaled the others. "Are we almost ready to depart? Next stop is some kind of station."

"Well hold on..." Jake said to no one. He sat up in his chair, staring at the sensor screen. "Do it again. I dare you." He said to the station marker icon. There it was! The station disappeared from view, and after a few short seconds, flickered back into existence.

Malfunctioning cloaking technology... Jake thought. He had never really thought about a station being cloaked. Cloaked ships? Sure. But if a station - especially one this size - wanted to remain concealed, their cloak would have to be constantly online. Since a station is... well... stationary.

Maybe their cloak is overworked... Jake thought. But what could a massive station like that... be trying to hide?
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:41 am

Lux shook her head "Come on Kyrie, we all know about the various intricacies of shoes, on how my shoes don't fit your feet and vice-versa..."
She handed Kyrie a pair of boots. The sole clearly was built for a wider, flatter foot that would spread the weight out evenly on a high gravity environment. "Can you imagine that hard sole being shaped towards a foot more designed for low gravity? Or a hoof in some cases? It would be most uncomfortable."

Correct me if I'm wrong but clothing is easy to shape. Stretch or tighten the fibres... but a shoe is more complicated in that it needs to take a lot of weight and usually has a hard sole. Usually. There are those with fabric soles but those things feel like wearing socks and have as much Lego and sharp object protection as socks.

"Besides, my shoes are somewhat adaptive; it's just that you can't have too much flexibility when your career before was heavy object lifting" Eden added "Ever dropped a heavy box on your foot?"
Lux made a wincing gesture and a hissing sound "I can see why you don't want those sandals."
"By the way, our next destination may be a station. Jake is reporting that something odd is going on with it though so be prepared for anything" Eden informed them "Which means nothing out here but I wouldn't be surprised if it's filled with the unfriendly sort of crazy cannibal."