[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:04 am

Congrats on 1000 posts. Have we beaten Captain's Edition yet? Probably far from it

The Pelican followed after the Mutare and the Scarab.
Lux headed for the runabout with Kyrie while they waited for things to clear up before any launches to the station could happen.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:46 am

stylesrj wrote:Congrats on 1000 posts. Have we beaten Captain's Edition yet? Probably far from it

Uh, try 6,000 posts. We multiply our posts by SIX, and we'll be almost there.

However, we have beaten the other major FTL roleplay. The only other major roleplay I've seen on the forum that is close to ours is this one. And as you can see, we've beaten it: (By quite alot)

http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29625

And I'd like to point out: (The final post of the other RP)

dyno101 wrote:90 pages full of 893 posts total. Those numbers will never be beaten in this forum, or anything similar.

UM WELL WE JUST BEAT YA BOYZZZZZZZZ 8-)

No just kidding. (I don't want to make fun of 'em) But still, when I saw that RP I thought those numbers could never be beaten... and yet we're still counting up!
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:34 am

Bren punched in the corridents, something they did find from the scrap was a engi nano bot system, however Sarah kindly pointed out that the nanomachines were illegally tampered with (which was how they helped distribute drugs to keep people pacified over time) and that they wouldn't be salvagable unless they found a engi ship or engineer (in other words trade item or new system for a ship)

Bren was last to jump and when he arrived he looked around

"Yeah my system is screwing up a bit, keep seeing and unseeing the station on the radar" he said turning the ship to where the blip was too see...
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Seeing that the space station wasn't immediately firing upon them and it was flickering, Eden ran a scan of the area.
"Wait... what's... that?" Eden asked as the results came back. Several jagged shapes appeared in orbit over the nearby gas giant. High metal concentrations.

"I think I might know why the cloaking device is faulty... something tried to take a bite out of it" Eden remarked "Probably by those metal-eaters Ruwen is talking about."

Is that what we were going for? A Lanius encounter?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:41 pm

Suddenly, the cloak of the station failed completely. You didn't need to take a scan to see who it was - the bright orange paint spoke for itself.

Jake was right. The station was huge. It had a massive beam weapon, and a devastating-looking burst laser. And... it had a series of coils sticking out from below the flight deck. The copper-colored coils were building up energy. A few hundred meters away from the station, a spatial disturbance began to form.

While the apparent Black Hole weapon was revving up, the jagged fleet of tiny metallic ships began to approach.

"This is gonna be fun..." Jake said, watching the Black Hole form and the metallic fleet zoom towards them.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:Suddenly, the cloak of the station failed completely. You didn't need to take a scan to see who it was - the bright orange paint spoke for itself.

Jake was right. The station was huge. It had a massive beam weapon, and a devastating-looking burst laser. And... it had a series of coils sticking out from below the flight deck. The copper-colored coils were building up energy. A few hundred meters away from the station, a spatial disturbance began to form.

While the apparent Black Hole weapon was revving up, the jagged fleet of tiny metallic ships began to approach.

"This is gonna be fun..." Jake said, watching the Black Hole form and the metallic fleet zoom towards them.

Ruwen frowned a bit,' Should we wait and see what happens?" he asked as the weapon charged about to attack his sworn enemies

"I don't know, think any race deserves to be crushed into a tiny singularity?" Bren asked

Ruwen had to think on this for a bit
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:53 pm

Was kinda hoping it'd be more like that the station was evacuated in a hurry, the Lanius ships took a bite out of it and said "Nahh..." and then went to hang out in the gas giant while they prepared next operations. That way we'd get to explore a spooky abandoned station with perhaps a few Lanius in there scavenging.

But this sounds like an "idle beacon" where you really can't do anything. But we're somehow going to be taking on an entire space station aren't we?

Eden was already making a move to get the Pelican away from the manned Rebel station with the singularity generator and powerful burst lasers capable on taking on a large fleet of ships.
"I don't know about you, but I don't think it's a good idea to be in the same area" Eden said "I don't even think my crew could take on an occupied space station that big."
"Well... I'm sure Captain Awesome could with just his bridge crew" Lux commented "But I think Eden's right. They'd probably destroy the runabout as if it were a large piece of debris and then crush the Pelican like a tin can."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:31 pm

stylesrj wrote:But we're somehow going to be taking on an entire space station aren't we?

No, we're not going to take on an entire station. Of course not.

We're going to take on an entire station, AND A LANIUS FLEET! AT ONCE!

I was thinking about a spooky abandoned station, but then I was like "We already explored a literal ghost ship..."

Suddenly, Sarah chimed in on the radio. "Guys... that's some kind of modified Black Hole. It's drawing the super-ions away from the FTL Coil Array. Our FTL jump clock is going backwards. We can't jump away! Sensors indicate that it's happening on all three of our ships, but not affecting the metal ships due to their unique structure."

"Allright. We gotta hold our ground," Jake said. "I want everyone to back into a tight formation, we'll cover for eachother. Shields at maximum, and get the hell away from that Black Hole! Stand your ground, people!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:53 pm

Eden slammed her fists against the console after reading the jump timer. "Dammit, they want us to stay do they?" she frowned and ordered one of her crew to warm up the teleporter emitters. "Fine... I don't see the outcome being positive here but I think being on the station would be a better plan than being anywhere else."

Lux asked about the runabout's role.
"Stay onboard just in case but I'm not planning on losing my ship or my crew" Eden suggested.
"Well you heard her Kyrie, guess we're the escape pod" Lux remarked with a laugh.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:05 am

Bren began to arm himself

"Railcannon charging, Sarah give us a target. this thing can rip through a cruiser after all" he said chuckling, although inside he was scared