[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:24 pm

"I said old, not current" Lux said to Kyrie as they met up outside the pool "She did have a different life before she went into the whole cannibal business."
She handed Kyrie a deck of cards for checking. "Shall we?"

As Eden dragged herself towards the waters of the pool, people nearby wisely moved out of the way. Of course there was that one guy who had to make a snide remark about her weight. "I didn't think Humans could reproduce with whales..."
Eden glared at him and then let herself float in the waters. I don't think he'll be missed

As Bren and company arrived on the ship, a Slug woman came out to greet Gorlag, throwing a flower wreath over him. "Remember me Gorlag?" she asked with a giggle "I had to find a new job after the old place burned down... is that Zoltan for me? You shouldn't have... I've already got a servant."
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:32 pm

stylesrj wrote:"I said old, not current" Lux said to Kyrie as they met up outside the pool "She did have a different life before she went into the whole cannibal business."
She handed Kyrie a deck of cards for checking. "Shall we?"

As Eden dragged herself towards the waters of the pool, people nearby wisely moved out of the way. Of course there was that one guy who had to make a snide remark about her weight. "I didn't think Humans could reproduce with whales..."
Eden glared at him and then let herself float in the waters. I don't think he'll be missed

As Bren and company arrived on the ship, a Slug woman came out to greet Gorlag, throwing a flower wreath over him. "Remember me Gorlag?" she asked with a giggle "I had to find a new job after the old place burned down... is that Zoltan for me? You shouldn't have... I've already got a servant."

"HEY!" Bren called out

Gorlag blushed, "Glema" he said, "This is Bren my captain, he was a former slave on my old captains ship..and well I guess the universe has a sense of humor, I work for him now and I'm working to go straight" he said

"So you know her..." he looked at her and him, "No offense I can't tell the difference between you two, you both look like slugs to me"

"Don't blame you, we have subtle differences, not as extreme as breasts or wider hips, but look at the markings on her back, seeing those you can tell if thats a female, also her eye stalks are a little longer" he said

Bren looked her over, "Ok I get it" he said nodding his head

"So umm Glema, you have any Zoltan woman in there?" he asked

Edit: Yeah I see Slug naming convections being G lettered words, ones that would sometimes have a glutteral tone out of the throat, similer to how Mantis have long K names
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:29 pm

“I think we shall,” Kyrie said, taking the cards. “I’d like to see some of that old wardrobe. Do you know what she used to wear?” They sat down at a table in the corner, and she started to shuffle the deck. “So how do you want to do this? Straight into strip poker or go through the money first?”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:38 pm

"For a longshoreman, she had some rather... fancy tastes" Lux explained, sitting down and waiting for the cards to be dealt "I say we start with money... then once that runs out, we pay in fabric..."
She eyed Kyrie's ratty jumpsuit "Which means that if you lose the clothes off your back, you better find some more clothes to lose" she laughed in her usual shrill fashion.

Glema looked at Bren and then back to Gorlag "Zoltan women? I thought the Zoltan didn't do the whole gender thing... or was that the Engies? Hard to tell."
She led the two towards the pool where everyone else was "Working here is certainly a different change of scenery. Now, don't tell me what you want to drink, I know what you want Gorlag and your Zoltan clearly has women and alcohol on the mind... and I can at least provide one suited for his species."
As she shuffled away, it turned out there was a young Zoltan woman relaxing by the pool... although she did seem to be distracted by the big green mass that was Eden's belly.

I don't know if Glema is just some girl Gorlag worked with in the past, a girlfriend (ex or current or just one of many)
or his wife (same thing... ex, current or "a bride in every port" sort of thing.) Feel free to make stuff up Bren :D
Same with that Zoltan. Is she a tourist, staff or... "staff" ;)
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:42 pm

stylesrj wrote:"For a longshoreman, she had some rather... fancy tastes" Lux explained, sitting down and waiting for the cards to be dealt "I say we start with money... then once that runs out, we pay in fabric..."
She eyed Kyrie's ratty jumpsuit "Which means that if you lose the clothes off your back, you better find some more clothes to lose" she laughed in her usual shrill fashion.

Glema looked at Bren and then back to Gorlag "Zoltan women? I thought the Zoltan didn't do the whole gender thing... or was that the Engies? Hard to tell."
She led the two towards the pool where everyone else was "Working here is certainly a different change of scenery. Now, don't tell me what you want to drink, I know what you want Gorlag and your Zoltan clearly has women and alcohol on the mind... and I can at least provide one suited for his species."
As she shuffled away, it turned out there was a young Zoltan woman relaxing by the pool... although she did seem to be distracted by the big green mass that was Eden's belly.

I don't know if Glema is just some girl Gorlag worked with in the past, a girlfriend (ex or current or just one of many)
or his wife (same thing... ex, current or "a bride in every port" sort of thing.) Feel free to make stuff up Bren :D
Same with that Zoltan. Is she a tourist, staff or... "staff" ;)

She had a name tag on indicating she was an employee and Bren blushed, 'Umm hey" he said walking over, "Umm...yeah..."

Gorlag chuckled, "Guess he is a bit shy around woman, so Glema how you been, not every day a former pirate goes legit, less when two meet each other" he said, "How about a drink for old times" (I see them as former comrads in arms split off to join different crews but still friendly)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:04 am

“A little overconfident? I think by the end, you’ll be the one looking for something to lose.” Kyrie delt out five cards to each of them and placed the stack in the middle. “You start the betting,” she said while looking over her cards. “Do you think Eden will let us take a look at her old stuff? I hope it’s not like the weird clothes they wear at fashion events. That’s just too... new I guess.” She looked out over the pool and saw Bren attempting to talk to a Zoltan girl at the edge of the pool. “Looks like Bren’s trying to make a move,” she said giggling.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:58 am

"Remember that boy at the refectory who'd be sure to give us an extra helping whenever we turned up?" Lux asked, glancing over at Bren's attempts "Turns out that he actually wasn't interested in us..."
She giggled and returned to the game. "Eden told me she kept the clothing around for special occasions but in the years since she's been a pirate, not one such occasion has turned up... crazy cannibals tend to be turned down at fancy parties."
Her hand didn't appear to be quite good but she maintained her usual smile as she made a small bet to get things started. "Besides, I don't think longshoremen go to fancy galas either... uggh, can you imagine if we had to do our battles in our dress uniforms?"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:08 am

stylesrj wrote:"Remember that boy at the refectory who'd be sure to give us an extra helping whenever we turned up?" Lux asked, glancing over at Bren's attempts "Turns out that he actually wasn't interested in us..."
She giggled and returned to the game. "Eden told me she kept the clothing around for special occasions but in the years since she's been a pirate, not one such occasion has turned up... crazy cannibals tend to be turned down at fancy parties."
Her hand didn't appear to be quite good but she maintained her usual smile as she made a small bet to get things started. "Besides, I don't think longshoremen go to fancy galas either... uggh, can you imagine if we had to do our battles in our dress uniforms?"

Over with Bren he was lead by the hand to one of the special rooms

Gorlug chuckled watching this, good for him. At least the woman here wouldn't eat him, unlike a certain crew playing poker. It was nice to be in a place where no one was trying to kill them
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:16 am

“Then what was he doing it for?” Kyrie matched Lux’s bet. Her hand was ok, enough to risk on such a small bet. “I know. Jackie Ray asked me what I thought of him a little before we started planning this whole thing. I bet he was trying to make a good impression on all of us so if she asked, we would say good things.” She traded two cards from the deck. “If we had to wear those dress uniforms, I probably wouldn’t have come. Those things are sooo restricting. You out can hardly lift your hands above shoulder height.” Kyrie looked back down at her cards, realizing she had gained no advantage. “I think comfort should be over style, personally.”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:34 am

"Plus that my grandfather did serve with distinguished honours during the Mantis/Federation War..." Lux said "If he was to serve on a good ship, probably under my father..." she looked down at the table with a brief moment of sadness...
"I raise" she added as the game progressed. Clearly it seemed Kyrie was winning from the first few hands, although was Lux luring her into a false sense of security or was Lux really just a bad player?
"Definitely comfort over style" she remarked, looking back at the pool to see Bren was being taken away in private. "Once I get the hang of The Gift, I'll probably have to start dressing like Eden..."
She looked down at the table again "Speaking of The Gift, do you think after all this is over I'll be truly welcome in the Federation? They quarantined those infected worlds for a reason and yet here I am..."