[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 pm

"A ship is a ship if you break it down into the various parts" Eden remarked "The problem is that without the materials used, it won't have anywhere near the same performance..."
"Like using the computer systems of an old Pre-Federation ship to patch a Kestrel?" Lux asked.
"Something like that?" Eden shrugged.

Lux began applying the assorted lengths of fibre optic cables for repairs. Hopefully one of them will bring the computer back online, she thought, plugging them in. Aaaand that should be helm control, right?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:57 am

Massive repairs were underway. Lux was right, the ship wouldn't have quite the original performance, but with detailed technical specs provided in the database, they could do almost anything.

The trick was getting the database online. It would be their own improv and ingenuity that would get the helm online. From there, it was all up to Sarah and the technical specs in the database.

Jake was relived when the helm blinked back to life, panel by panel, lights came on. It's a glorious feeling - the light breaking through the chaos, when a system reboots all around you. Suddenly, Sarah appeared.

"What..." She stammered. "Jake! You're alive! We're alive!"

"Yeah..." Jake whispered, glancing away. "We are..." Images flashed through his mind of those innocent ships being torn to shreds against the Rebel's orange hull.

Jake ordered everyone to back away, and Sarah did everything for them. Using the database, she was able to repair everything to about 97% efficiency!

An entire day went by before the Mature was ready to soar into action again. Well, actually, limp into action. The hull was still in the red zone. A few more hits and structural integrity would fail. Luckily, shields were fully operational.

"All right." Jake said into the comms, his tone dark. "We lost a day to these repairs. That's a day for the Rebels. The Pelican was cleared of almost all scrap, and all scrap from the battle fell into the Black Hole. The Pelican carried almost all of her scrap in her hold... and with that gone..."

"We're screwed," Sarah said.

"Correct. The Mature won't be participating in any battles until we get this hull patched, and we won't be able to do that until..." Jake paused the mic, as he felt his voice choke up. He cleared his throat, and continued. "But here's a message to the Rebels. We will not back down. We will not give up. The United Rogue Union is coming for you."

His pep talk did little good. They all knew how dire the situation had grown. Sitting in the abandoned sector, with no supplies and their flagship two feet from toast.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:07 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Massive repairs were underway. Lux was right, the ship wouldn't have quite the original performance, but with detailed technical specs provided in the database, they could do almost anything.

The trick was getting the database online. It would be their own improv and ingenuity that would get the helm online. From there, it was all up to Sarah and the technical specs in the database.

Jake was relived when the helm blinked back to life, panel by panel, lights came on. It's a glorious feeling - the light breaking through the chaos, when a system reboots all around you. Suddenly, Sarah appeared.

"What..." She stammered. "Jake! You're alive! We're alive!"

"Yeah..." Jake whispered, glancing away. "We are..." Images flashed through his mind of those innocent ships being torn to shreds against the Rebel's orange hull.

Jake ordered everyone to back away, and Sarah did everything for them. Using the database, she was able to repair everything to about 97% efficiency!

An entire day went by before the Mature was ready to soar into action again. Well, actually, limp into action. The hull was still in the red zone. A few more hits and structural integrity would fail. Luckily, shields were fully operational.

"All right." Jake said into the comms, his tone dark. "We lost a day to these repairs. That's a day for the Rebels. The Pelican was cleared of almost all scrap, and all scrap from the battle fell into the Black Hole. The Pelican carried almost all of her scrap in her hold... and with that gone..."

"We're screwed," Sarah said.

"Correct. The Mature won't be participating in any battles until we get this hull patched, and we won't be able to do that until..." Jake paused the mic, as he felt his voice choke up. He cleared his throat, and continued. "But here's a message to the Rebels. We will not back down. We will not give up. The United Rogue Union is coming for you."

His pep talk did little good. They all knew how dire the situation had grown. Sitting in the abandoned sector, with no supplies and their flagship two feet from toast.

They didn't hear from Bren on the other jump but before they could try and contact him they saw a jump signature...his...and 3 more

IT was the three surviving Metal Eater Ships

"Contact, do not fire they are friendly if you can believe it." Bren said, his shipp seemed a lot more repaired now...in fact it looked more like a ship from a used ship lot then something that barely survived a battle

"And Jake...commander, we need to talk..." he said his tone something serious

Ruwen Spoke up, "I can vouch for Bren on this one, the Metal Eaters...err Lanius as they prefer, they explained the situation, they had no one who could speak your galatic common, only Crystal, ironic I know. They were looking for their home just like me, and were afraid of the new world they rewoken too" He said over hte comes

"They want to help us stop the rebels, they know the threat of the black hole singulary in fact all those forces were a last ditch attempt to try and stop the station" he explained

"Yeah" Bren said his armed folded...as his ship drifted closer to Jake's
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:25 am

Lux listened in to the conversation. "So now they have a name?" she asked "Lanius... I guess I can see a bit of a birdlike appearance in them..."
Eden shook her head "All we need now is a Mantis ship and I think we've got everything covered."
"What about Rockmen?" Lux asked.
"Ruwen can count as that" the pirate replied "Can these... Lanius be trusted enough not to eat our ships for dinner?"
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:36 am

stylesrj wrote:Lux listened in to the conversation. "So now they have a name?" she asked "Lanius... I guess I can see a bit of a birdlike appearance in them..."
Eden shook her head "All we need now is a Mantis ship and I think we've got everything covered."
"What about Rockmen?" Lux asked.
"Ruwen can count as that" the pirate replied "Can these... Lanius be trusted enough not to eat our ships for dinner?"

There was chatter on the com and they heard the lone tone of the leader speak, however the language was clearly crystal

"We sorry for misunderstanding, we not know about people inside"

"Yeah I set them straight, see they mostly didn't know about organics inside of the ships, they only just found out and don't realize nearly every ship now has living crew, back during their time Crystals never shown up on what they consider scanners, so they don't detect organics, only other ships" Bren explained

"By the way despite their ships looking like destructive ships, they know how to repair, I think they could rival engi in some aspects, maybe not computers but hulls they know how to fix em" he said moving in to dock with Jake's ship to talk to him personally
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:47 am

An alliance with the Lanius to conquer the Rebels. A fascinating idea. However, we want this RP to end somewhat candid. So LATER something must happen between the URU and the Lanius that causes the Lanius to be enemies with the Feds, by the time FTL the game time-period roles around. That's why I was going for the destruction of the Lanius ships: it explains why the Lanius are not part of the Federation. But a temporary alliance is cool too!

Also, now that I think about it, the knowledge of the Crystals being creators of the Lanius must be lost knowledge... or classified. I guess we'll tie up all that later on in the story. Like I always say, see how the story unfolds! :mrgreen: Just a little tidbit to keep in mind for later!

Jake could tell Bren was serious about whatever needed talking about. As the Scarab docked with the Mature, Jake told him to meet in the empty med bay of the Mature.

I hope he didn't see... Jake thought, the image of those exploding Lanius ships flashing through his mind. There's no way he could've seen - the sensors were knocked out! It's not possible... Must be some other matter to discuss.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:59 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:An alliance with the Lanius to conquer the Rebels. A fascinating idea. However, we want this RP to end somewhat candid. So LATER something must happen between the URU and the Lanius that causes the Lanius to be enemies with the Feds, by the time FTL the game time-period roles around. That's why I was going for the destruction of the Lanius ships: it explains why the Lanius are not part of the Federation. But a temporary alliance is cool too!

Also, now that I think about it, the knowledge of the Crystals being creators of the Lanius must be lost knowledge... or classified. I guess we'll tie up all that later on in the story. Like I always say, see how the story unfolds! :mrgreen: Just a little tidbit to keep in mind for later!

Jake could tell Bren was serious about whatever needed talking about. As the Scarab docked with the Mature, Jake told him to meet in the empty med bay of the Mature.

I hope he didn't see... Jake thought, the image of those exploding Lanius ships flashing through his mind. There's no way he could've seen - the sensors were knocked out! It's not possible... Must be some other matter to discuss.

Bren came down into the ship, Ruwen following him till they made it to the captains room

"....Sarah is this room completely secure...and can you not listen in on us...this is an important matter" he said

(I like to think some Lanius join the Feds, but not enough to sway the entire race, only these 3 or any survivors make it, everyone else is either warry, gone rogue or can't be found)
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:09 am

Might be a plot hole here. Sarah can read surface thoughts at least, so she would have found out the moment Jake started thinking about it.

Meanwhile, Kyrie was back in the shield room making sure everything was as she left it. The incident with the rebels had got her thinking. If the rebels can create and stabilize two singularities like that, what’s to stop them from having even more than that? It seems they’ve perfected the technology enough to use it as an actual weapon without destroying the ship that starts it. That gives them an even bigger advantage... They’d have to end the rebel’s development of the weapon soon if they wanted to succeed.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:47 am

Lux and Eden were continuing their training.
"I've been meaning to ask, Eden..." Lux said "What does happen after you've eaten your prey? Because clearly you don't digest them that quickly."
Eden laughed and patted her flat belly "Well it depends on a lot of factors but I mostly throw up the remains and give it to the crew. Sort of like a mother bird feeding her young."
"I guess that can work" Lux said "The use of live prey is to maintain freshness and just for the feeling?"
"Pretty much. Also there's something in the acids that keeps the crew loyal to me..." Eden replied "Now then..."
She gestured to one of her eager crew "Let's try something a little tougher than a Slug..."

And now the question you never thought to ask has been answered.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:09 pm

Hi again.

I am grounded for an indefinite period of time. If I'm not back and you reach the sector, then my apologies. I will try to get back asap.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.