[FTL RP, WE'RE BACK, REBOOTED!] The Rogue Cadets

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
BrenTenkage

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN, CHARACTERS WELCOME!] The Rogue Cadets

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:24 am

Eyesight Technology wrote:Once reports came in, and the salvaging operation was underway, Jake sat back in his piloting chair, watching the events unfold. He took a look at the sector map. According to his advanced scanners, there was some kind of station at the next beacon.

Jake lazily signaled the others. "Are we almost ready to depart? Next stop is some kind of station."

"Well hold on..." Jake said to no one. He sat up in his chair, staring at the sensor screen. "Do it again. I dare you." He said to the station marker icon. There it was! The station disappeared from view, and after a few short seconds, flickered back into existence.

Malfunctioning cloaking technology... Jake thought. He had never really thought about a station being cloaked. Cloaked ships? Sure. But if a station - especially one this size - wanted to remain concealed, their cloak would have to be constantly online. Since a station is... well... stationary.

Maybe their cloak is overworked... Jake thought. But what could a massive station like that... be trying to hide?

Bren sighed a bit, "Well lets check it out, we need more supplies, maybe it has the nice rations I like, seriously why isn't the Orange Chicken Ration out more often, seriously I swear its as rare as the Legendary Crystal Pepsi" he said

"Crystal Pepsi?" Ruwen asked

"Some Earthling Soft drink, supposively they only make a few cases every few years and people will pay out the nose for it, become quite a legend among spacers, claiming a single bottle could be sold off for an armada of ships"
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:08 am

“Yeah I guess you’re right. I just assumed they would change I guess.” Kyrie looked through the other shoes. “It doesn’t look like any of these’ll fit then.” Hearing the news about the new station, she began to pick up the rest of the clothes. “I’d better head back to the Mutare, then.”
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:41 am

"Sounds like an idea but I think we should wait until we've jumped before getting you back to the Mutare" Lux said, sitting down on the bed "Besides, we might be boarding a space station!"
She glanced about the crew quarters "Ummm... don't worry about the crew. You're with me so if anything, they'll think I'm saving you for a later meal... The Gift is weird like that."
"Also, we're not brainless idiots who only think about food" one of the crew commented "Maybe in combat though."
He gave a hearty laugh and went to carving a set of bones on his own bunk.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:59 am

Hello again.
I wanted to let you all know that next week, I will have no internet whatsoever. Just thought I'd let you know so that you guys don't reach the Rock Homeworlds and wait for me in my absence.

I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:29 pm

elijahdb wrote:Hello again.
I wanted to let you all know that next week, I will have no internet whatsoever. Just thought I'd let you know so that you guys don't reach the Rock Homeworlds and wait for me in my absence.

Thanks for letting us know! We shouldn't be done with Abandoned 01 before then.

"Allright. Jump is in 30 minutes. All crew get ready, we may have a serious battle on our hands. A station that massive, that is advanced enough to have cloaking technology, is sure to pack some SERIOUS firepower." Jake said.
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:16 pm

Kyrie jumped a little when the crewman spoke. She hadn't seen him there when they came in. "Well I hope so. I'd rather not be eaten." She put the rest of the clothes on the bed and sat down next to Lux. "So I've wondered ever since you got the gift... how do people taste? Are there like, some better than others?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:35 pm

The pirate said "It could be a lot easier if we can get a sample of The Gift for you young lady."
He again laughed "Then again with the three of you, someone's bound to fight for power, just like in the Quarantine Zone; the winner gets our loyalty."
Lux scratched the back of her head nervously, trying to ignore the pirate's bizarre sense of humour "Well... I haven't exactly started on the whole people thing... Unless you count the dead Slugs I ate."
She patted her flat stomach "Imagine having a really bad cold and how you're constantly swallowing your own mucus? Well Slugs are like that except there's a lot more of it..."
Eden chimed in over the comms "To answer your question, dead people taste like pork... but the living... the living... they create their own seasoning, their own flavour."
She gave out a loud belch "I don't think these prisoners will last much longer; especially if they keep moving."

Lux said to Jake "What if the station sold all their serious firepower to fit the cloaking device?"
She chuckled "Yeah that'd be the dream; it's like my dad hoping that the pirate ships he faced don't have a missile launcher of some sort."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:05 pm

"Yeah Lux... I have to go with Eden there... highly unlikely. With tech like this I'm gonna assume that it's from a formidable organization. It certainly ain't just a self-sustaining pirate station. Probably a Fed or Rebel operation. And considering the sector we're in... Well, hoping it's Fed is like hoping it sold its weapons for a cloak," Jake said into the comm, pushing his hair from his forehead. "Scarab, you ready for Jump? Pelican, what about you?"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:19 pm

"I was just being hopeful" Lux said "Like hearing those rumours about a pirate who only uses beam weaponry in combat"
"Those are not rumours. I've met him before in a few places. Really loves those beams" Eden remarked, tapping a few commands on her console "Pelican here, good to go. Even the runabout is reading green across the board."
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:40 pm

stylesrj wrote:"I was just being hopeful" Lux said "Like hearing those rumours about a pirate who only uses beam weaponry in combat"
"Those are not rumours. I've met him before in a few places. Really loves those beams" Eden remarked, tapping a few commands on her console "Pelican here, good to go. Even the runabout is reading green across the board."

"Copy that," Jake said. "Get ready for a fight, everyone! If those are Rebels, don't wait for my command - charge weapons and fire at will, unless I instruct otherwise." With that, he activated the jump sequence.

1,000th post! Incredible, right???? This has been a great story so far, let's keep going with the adventure! :D