[FTL RP, DEAD] FTL: The Shadow Era

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: [FTL RP, GAME BEGUN!] FTL: The Shadow Era

Postby elijahdb » Fri May 26, 2017 9:50 pm

"My name is Badgers." The hybrid answered, looking strangely at the Engi. Error was peering at him as if he was a shiny trinket in a museum. He did, however, listen to Error as he described the way the group would work. "Yes, I understand. I know a Mantis is piloting the Rebel ship, but what of the Rock ship? Who is the Captain of that vessel?"
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 26, 2017 11:05 pm

Ruwen looked at the two Humans who were still uncertain what to think of the Crystal. "What in tarnation are you lot still standing around fer? Get ter work! We need yer to find damaged parts of the ship and mark them fer the Engies!" he exclaimed in a very authoritative voice.
He stood at attention like a drill instructor, hoping that his body language language spoke louder than his ridiculous accent. Not like I have a face they can read clearly. Douglas did say Humans had a hard time trying to pick up expressions from a Rockman, he thought to himself.

I should point out that Ruwen doesn't know the finer points of Human facial and body language. The same goes for a lot of alien species except the Rockmen. Understandable since he has been out of the galactic scene for quite a long time and is still playing catch-up
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 am

"Greetings, Badgers." Error said, stammering slightly. (He strongly disliked 'socializing') "I believe a Crystal is in command of the Rock vessel. We should go meet up with the rest of the fleet. Is this course of action acceptable? To locate the rest of the crew, Creeybo can preform a sensor scan. Correct?"
Me: Have you ever wanted to explore the galaxy... in a BANANA?
You: No.
Me: Well now you can! Click the link below for the one-and-only Banana Mod!
http://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32321
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat May 27, 2017 3:23 pm

"I'll run a scan, but it's probably a better idea to contact them via hail."

Creeybo ran a level 3 scan of the surrounding area, enough to encompass all three ships. "There are several Rebels onboard the Rebel ship, no surprise there, but there's also a single Mantis aboard. The Rock ship holds a handful of repair Engies, a Slug, and a crystalline-plated Rockman. Not sure what to make of that." He paused for a moment before continuing, "Undoubtedly, there are also other Rockmen aboard, but, none of them appear to be alive..."

Creeybo's mind was more focused on other places. These location scans were awfully boring -- the sensors possessed much greater analytical potential. The scan had also included a quick internal scan of their ship. He wondered why this ship of the three had been chosen as the Flagship of their fleet. The lack of shields was only the first ghastly thing about it -- the other systems were in bad shape and not really all that much reactor power, and the medical facilities were less than adequate. Damaged and only at the most basic level? That was a terrifying sight to all holograms...

...At least it was in a corner. While Creeybo's mortality was in ever constant danger, running through the medbay while its drugs are active is quite agonizing. He noticed something else about the ship, the paint job. It did look the coolest out of the three...

Creeybo set up a conference link between the three ships, taking initiative, "I've set up a group hail, linking all three ships in communications. We can only hope they'll both respond though."

===========================================
Eyesight Technology wrote:3. Ship Placement:
All of the crew in our fleet will frequently move between the three ships when needed, using the Teleporter (All ships in our fleet have one) or Docking.

just noticed this. wait so does that mean the stealth ship should have a teleporter? :roll:
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sat May 27, 2017 5:29 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:"I'll run a scan, but it's probably a better idea to contact them via hail."
just noticed this. wait so does that mean the stealth ship should have a teleporter? :roll:

Well, at this point we don't really need one. (It doesn't really matter) The fleet can just transfer crew members via docking. Perhaps the Rebel ship could have a teleporter? That could work.
mr_easy_money wrote:"Undoubtedly, there are also other Rockmen aboard, but, none of them appear to be alive..."

Why are they dead? While the ships are damaged from previous battles, I don't see why they are dead. I noticed dead bodies in many previous posts- I don't really understand why they are all dead, before the mission has started. Was the Rock ship just recently attacked or something? I'm just confused because the mission hasn't begun yet!

=============

When the Rebel ship joined the comm link, Error backed away, and scampered down the hallway.
REBELS! he screamed inside his head. He would have no association with them. Memory files flashed through his mind- how they had probed him. Suddenly, the hallway he ran through faded around him.

He was locked on a metal table, Rebel programmers huddled around him. A bright yellow light blinded him. He could only see the shadows of the scientists, nothing more. One of them spoke. The audio of the memory file was garbled, but he could still make out words.

"Kadita- the progress is slow but steady. We have managed to break the Engi encryption algorithm." a human said.
A raspy voice, clearly Mantis, replied "Good... if we obtain the secrets of Engi processing capabilities the Federation shall be doomed to fall to the might of the Rebels."

The 11-year-old memory file closed, and his view of the Stealth ship's hallway returned. He retreated back through the airlock, and into the rock ship.

If I ever find that Mantis, I shall make her pay he thought, as he crawled into the darkness of the engine room

While my character doesn't want to meet the others, you guys can
Last edited by JakeCollins on Sun May 28, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Sat May 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:Why are they dead? While the ships are damaged from previous battles, I don't see why they are dead. I noticed dead bodies in many previous posts- I don't really understand why they are all dead, before the mission has started. Was the Rock ship just recently attacked or something? I'm just confused because the mission hasn't begun yet!

baw, I don't know. that's what it sounded like in one of the posts, and honestly, I didn't really want to lay the details of the crew out, but it was kind of asked for :oops:

Eyesight Technology wrote:"Kadita- the progress is slow but steady. We have managed to break the Engi encryption algorithm." a human said.
A raspy voice, clearly Mantis
If I ever find that Mantis, I shall make him pay he thought,

b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶K̶a̶d̶i̶t̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶m̶a̶l̶e̶?̶
;edit; guess it might not be clear, and well, the audio is garbled
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 28, 2017 3:36 am

I assumed that we all just woke up after an attack and we're trying to piece things together before going on a mission of discovery and revenge. Hence why the dead bodies and battle damage and stuff. Otherwise Ruwen would have been flying his own ship instead.
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Sun May 28, 2017 1:50 pm

mr_easy_money wrote:b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶K̶a̶d̶i̶t̶a̶ ̶f̶e̶m̶a̶l̶e̶?̶

Sorry, typo! I corrected this.
stylesrj wrote:I assumed that we all just woke up after an attack and we're trying to piece things together before going on a mission of discovery and revenge. Hence why the dead bodies and battle damage and stuff. Otherwise Ruwen would have been flying his own ship instead.

OK! What I was originally intending/expecting was that this was a pre-planned rendezvous, on a genuine mission to make first contact with the new threat in the galaxy... As in this is a temporary OFFICIAL alliance with the Rock, Feds, and Rebels.

Perhaps the Rock ship recently encountered the Unidentified Hostiles, and were in a recent battle with them. That would explain the dead bodies and such. This would also allow the fleet to know what to expect when encountering the Unidentified Hostiles! :P

If you want we could modify the story- but why would everyone have memory loss in the first place? And why would we go on a mission of revenge if we are doomed to fail?

IDK, what do you all think?
JakeCollins

Postby JakeCollins » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:03 pm

stylesrj wrote:I assumed that we all just woke up after an attack and we're trying to piece things together before going on a mission of discovery and revenge. Hence why the dead bodies and battle damage and stuff. Otherwise Ruwen would have been flying his own ship instead.

Lets do this-
We were each separately attacked by the unidentified hostiles. After being attacked, we were ordered by our respective organizations (Federation, Rebel, and Rock) to work together in a common cause to find out what attacked us. The damage/dead bodies are from each of our respective battles- we just haven't cleaned up/repaired yet.

Ruwen is captain of the Rock vessel, but may not know it yet, or about our assignment as a team.

Does that work for everyone?
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:32 pm

Eyesight Technology wrote:

Lets do this-
We were each separately attacked by the unidentified hostiles. After being attacked, we were ordered by our respective organizations (Federation, Rebel, and Rock) to work together in a common cause to find out what attacked us. The damage/dead bodies are from each of our respective battles- we just haven't cleaned up/repaired yet.

Ruwen is captain of the Rock vessel, but may not know it yet, or about our assignment as a team.

Does that work for everyone?

Works for me. Do I have to make a small story on how I was attacked?
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.