Ticonderoga

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Vulkyn

Ticonderoga

Postby Vulkyn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:47 am

Captains Log star-date unknown:

"I knew it, deep down i knew this was a doomed mission. We tried every one of us tried ....."
Captain Darous slumped in his chair as he watched his beloved ship Ticonderoga vital sign's diminish.
Ticonderoga was his child, his baby and it was dying very quickly and him along with it.

His HUD display beeped with red warning messages all over the ship.
- O2 critical
- Automatic doors off line
- Shield systems off line
- Medical Bay off line
- Fire's in weapons room, engine room and o2 room.
- Hull at 2%

He had failed his crew, his friends and his only family for the past 9 months.
He felt his eyes fill with tears as he recalled his crew struggling to try and patch the ship up, out of the 5 crew members aboard Ticonderoga a type B Kestrel Cruiser only he remained.

He recalled the last battle with the Rebels ship, how valiantly his crew had fought through every single crises until they some how managed to kill all its crew. Leaving his ship crippled, out of air, damaged and beyond any hope of salvation.

Cebon the ships mechanic (an Engi) had died from the fire in the engine room. Darous had screamed at him to get out but he just wouldn't listen. That engine room was more precious to him than anything in the world and he died trying to keep the fire from spreading, he had promised to patch the engine so they can get out.

They knew they could not out gun the enemy ship, it had superior shields and more fire power.
The rebels knew that too and they took out are engines right at the start of the engagement.
He died and he failed, the fire spread on to consume the weapons and engine room but not before Sandak (another Engi) managed to hit the enemies shield generator and kept firing. He could see on the sensors the enemy crew all 3 of them had tried to repair the shield giving him a chance to take out all 3.
He was smiling to Darous on the video feed knowing he had in a way paid them back.
"I got them good captain! No one starts a fight with us and lives! I ..." the video feed died then leaving him trapped to face the smoldering fire that had spread to the engine room.

Darous tried to help but another fire had kept him locked in the command room.

Rodrigez a mantis that we picked up from a station in the middle of nowhere 5 months ago had been a very volatile short tempered individual. He picked a fight with just about anything on the ship including on several occasions the microwave!!
"It bothers me" was his explanation after clawing it into 2 pieces. He had a soft spot for us taking him in and that kept him in check never actually hurting any one (permanently!).
Darous smiled sadly as he recalled how he had single handedly taken out 3 intruders before he died of oxygen deprivation.

Smith a fellow human had died when an Ion beam his the shield generator room causing a sever short circuit stunning him unconscious. Seconds later the enemy fired 3 heavy laser beams that left a gapping hole in the room.
At least he didn't feel anything as the room decompressed.
"I guess its a good way to go, just falling to sleep in the endless space and never waking up." Darous checked his HUD one more time, thinking if he could run to the o2 room and try to patch it up to get it running again.
A futile attempt, he would suffocate before he could do anything and he had to go through the fire filling the compartments before even reaching the o2 room.
Even the medical bay was not functioning, his last hope of staying alive was gone destroyed by the rebels.
The automated door control system was destroyed, with it any change of starving the spreading fire.

It was harder to breath now, the o2 was depleted and the precious remaining oxygen had gone. Each breath of air was becoming a daunting task.
He tried to focus but it was exceedingly hard. Pain started spreading in his body, he grabbed the picture of his beloved wife from his pocket and held it close.

"Only one thing left for me to do"

"I love you Sara."

*CAPTAIN AUTHORIZATION -3435-67-7542*
*AUTO DESTRUCT SEQUENCE INITIATED*

------------------
Vulkyn

Re: Ticonderoga

Postby Vulkyn » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:10 am

Just a quick story i patched up together from my latest encounter (while at work mind u !)
I felt the need to share it as i really got attached to that ship ....

Honestly this is an awesome game, i do wish they keep adding and building it up for more fun !