One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby stylesrj » Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:45 am

While it would be hilarious to have a Mantis who doesn't know they're a Mantis, like Robert Smith's event, the fact is that someone would have told him and given him therapy to help him cope with the fact he's a big green bug with claws. Such a secret wouldn't last very long, especially considering the rank he's been given so he couldn't have been raised in isolation for 45 years.

What I recommend is that your dude knows he's a Mantis but he identifies as Human. Wants to called the same things you call a foolish meatsack, get insulted by being called a Foolish Meatsack and doesn't use Mantis fighting techniques. But he knows he's a big green bug with claws.

But I guess it's up to Dyno to decide that or not.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:00 am

Stormbringer wrote:Name: Dragon Claw
Race: mantis
Occupation Federation battle group commander (Battle Group no. 16, Task force delta, fourth federation fleet) of a decimated battle group (only 1 dreadnought and 5 cruisers, 16 scouts and bombers left))
Skills: leadership, negotiation, thinking outside the box
Weak points: sometimes disobeys orders to get a mission done, doesn't like hand-to-hand fighting
Enjoys: watching meteor showers
Dislikes: rebels and boss missiles. also hates asbs and mind control.
Secrets (Optional): doesn't know that he is a mantis. he thinks he's a human (he was raised by humans on a human world). has recurring dreams about a strange green bug with claws and also dreams of having psychic powers.
Appearance: brown mantis.
Rank (Lieutenant, Captain, Etc.): 2-star commodore

Approved! Although, you should consider stylesrj's statement. It is sort of insensible for a mantis to be a part of the federation thinking he's a human for many years without ever seeing a mirror or anyone telling him otherwise.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:43 am

dyno101 wrote:
Occupation Federation battle group commander (Battle Group no. 16, Task force delta, fourth federation fleet) of a decimated battle group (only 1 dreadnought and 5 cruisers, 16 scouts and bombers left))
Weak points: sometimes disobeys orders to get a mission done, doesn't like hand-to-hand fighting
Secrets (Optional): doesn't know that he is a mantis. he thinks he's a human (he was raised by humans on a human world). has recurring dreams about a strange green bug with claws and also dreams of having psychic powers.

Approved! Although, you should consider stylesrj's statement. It is sort of insensible for a mantis to be a part of the federation thinking he's a human for many years without ever seeing a mirror or anyone telling him otherwise.

thankyou. I just like the idea of a federation mantis thinking he's a human. I will change my thing.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:26 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
dyno101 wrote:

thankyou. I just like the idea of a federation mantis thinking he's a human. I will change my thing.

Thanks.

About starting the RP, we will start when we get 1-2 more players, depending on how quickly we get our next player.
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:41 pm

dyno101 wrote:
elijahdb wrote:Oh, and a few questions. What does our ship's hull and layout look like, and what are its weapons, systems, etc? If you need me to I can whip something up.

And also, what universe are we in? Something made up as we go, CE, or just plain vanilla AE?

Something that's generated as we go. The story is set in a time after the war played in-game, so AE nor CE would make the story we need.
As for features? All the features of AE. We could do a bit of CE stuff, but I don't have CE so it would be a bit harder for me.

I forgot to answer the first part of your question.
The hull and layout is of the Federation Cruiser, but we begin with a Flak 1 and a Mini-ASB which causes 2 hull and system damage and is guaranteed 1 hull breach. We are, in fact, a light cruiser - a combination of the massive cruisers seen in the remaining federation fleet and the ships we play as in the game.
If you want to, you could take the Federation Cruiser's hull and add some sort of Mini-ASB, but it's entirely unnecessary.
"Blamsauce!"
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:16 pm

dyno101 wrote:
dyno101 wrote:
elijahdb wrote:Oh, and a few questions. What does our ship's hull and layout look like, and what are its weapons, systems, etc? If you need me to I can whip something up.

And also, what universe are we in? Something made up as we go, CE, or just plain vanilla AE?

Something that's generated as we go. The story is set in a time after the war played in-game, so AE nor CE would make the story we need.
As for features? All the features of AE. We could do a bit of CE stuff, but I don't have CE so it would be a bit harder for me.

I forgot to answer the first part of your question.
The hull and layout is of the Federation Cruiser, but we begin with a Flak 1 and a Mini-ASB which causes 2 hull and system damage and is guaranteed 1 hull breach. We are, in fact, a light cruiser - a combination of the massive cruisers seen in the remaining federation fleet and the ships we play as in the game.
If you want to, you could take the Federation Cruiser's hull and add some sort of Mini-ASB, but it's entirely unnecessary.

sort of like the Eagle class B, except nerfed?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:40 am

I play vanilla FTL, so it's up to you to decide that. I have seen the special artillery I think you're talking about, but only in a video.
Also, we may start before we get any more players, so be ready to start.
"Blamsauce!"
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:38 pm

We haven't been getting any new visitors, so we will start tonight. Hopefully everyone's ready! I'll make the first post, and then everyone may join in.
"Blamsauce!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:30 pm

Is it too late to join?
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:21 am

Chickengames wrote:Is it too late to join?

No! I'll start tomorrow instead, it's probably better than posting the first post at 10:00.
"Blamsauce!"