One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Chickengames

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby Chickengames » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:40 pm

It's been a while though. School/work should have started again. Maybe he has something we don't know about.
Jrmorris

Postby Jrmorris » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:26 am

Actually, nevermind about joining. My mind's been off on a tangent about a massive slug ship and stuff. I would like to remark that this is the first forum i've been on who hasn't immediately responded with hostility.

Edit 5 seconds later: Going back on myself again, i will participate, but my character is more of a background character who might give bits of info, help scrap stuff or something like that, then suddenly act as a full on crewmember thanks to my nature. Ah well, tangenty tangenty tangent.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

Jrmorris wrote:Hi. Hopefully i'm not to late for a unusual ship character?

Name: 4.1.
Race: A.I. Cruiser
Skills: salvaging, hiding.
Weakpoints: drones. He relies on them to much.
Enjoys: cutting up wrecks.
Dislikes: other A.I. Ships (Quintet is fine though)
Secrets: believes A.I. Should rule, rebels built 4.1., but he's against them.
Appearance: oversized A.I. black Rigger with a red faceplate instead of the cockpit glass and salvage arms.

I only just joined the forums, so sorry if i muck up something.

Welcome! I hope you plan on staying.

And to everyone, I have no more excuses for the break. I'll try to pay a much closer eye to this from now on. Thank you for being patient and determined.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 pm

Jrmorris wrote: I would like to remark that this is the first forum i've been on who hasn't immediately responded with hostility.

Really? What do you mean by hostility? Just saying "get off our forums" or what
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:56 pm

I think everyone in this RP has the 'you speak first' syndrome where people wait for others to post before they post :lol:

On another note, I can't wait for 4.1 to become part of our team so we can split up our overcrowded crew. Also this:

Quintet: Where did my grey goo prototype go?
4.1: I took it.
Q: WHAT?! I'll kill you!
4.1: Well instead of killing everyone in the room and erasing all evidence, I made it so that it kills everyone, erases evidence AND brainwashes anyone who comes into the room.
Q: *evil laughs internally*
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:09 pm

"That's good and all. I was busy updating the shields system for a few more seconds to fend off any hacking device. Hopefully it'll do better."

Quintet looked over all the cameras. Nazia and Arkangel had their situation under control, so he began to tun through his messages. It seemed they were all trade deals, so he moved on to the scans he had been collecting. There were no ships nearby other than a few civilian ships which were in the process of jumping. In that time, a single message had appeared which had shut down his signal receptors for an unknown reason. Quintet opened the message which contained a single file. The interface opened it on its own.

(I hope you're okay with this introduction! If not, just notify me and I will change it. Thanks for joining.)
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:00 am

Tabitha was still trying to figure out how to get the emitter coils back into position and how to take the fried coils out and replace them with unfried coils. "Well from what I heard, you'd need something like a Zoltan to look at the shields if you want to fend off hacking devices. I hear stories all the time about Zoltan shielding and what it does. Although I did hear another story about the Mantis developing bypass systems... probably with the help of their Engi slaves."
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:37 am

Jrmorris wrote:Actually, nevermind about joining. My mind's been off on a tangent about a massive slug ship and stuff. I would like to remark that this is the first forum i've been on who hasn't immediately responded with hostility.

Edit 5 seconds later: Going back on myself again, i will participate, but my character is more of a background character who might give bits of info, help scrap stuff or something like that, then suddenly act as a full on crewmember thanks to my nature. Ah well, tangenty tangenty tangent.

I can see some forums not being accepting of new members, especially people a bit more... eccentric, like you(doesn't mean it's a bad thing). Also, it's not a tangent, just your thought process. Like, when I joined this thing, I was ridiculously busy and had multiple other rps to attend to. I could've written a book about what went through my mind back then. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're welcome here.

On a side note, what does everybody think of a chat room or some sort on Discord or possibly a different platform that we can use as a more consistent and personal OOC instead of sticking stuff in brackets or colors like this? I myself was questioning the idea of presenting this to you guys but it seems to work pretty well on the other rps that I've been in and I can make one, so.... what do you guys say?
Injustice Rains From Above!
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:41 pm

I_am_person wrote:
Jrmorris wrote:Actually, nevermind about joining. My mind's been off on a tangent about a massive slug ship and stuff. I would like to remark that this is the first forum i've been on who hasn't immediately responded with hostility.

I can see some forums not being accepting of new members, especially people a bit more... eccentric, like you(doesn't mean it's a bad thing). Also, it's not a tangent, just your thought process. Like, when I joined this thing, I was ridiculously busy and had multiple other rps to attend to. I could've written a book about what went through my mind back then. Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, you're welcome here.

On a side note, what does everybody think of a chat room or some sort on Discord or possibly a different platform that we can use as a more consistent and personal OOC instead of sticking stuff in brackets or colors like this? I myself was questioning the idea of presenting this to you guys but it seems to work pretty well on the other rps that I've been in and I can make one, so.... what do you guys say?

I think it would work. I can host it.
"Blamsauce!"
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 pm

I_am_person wrote:

Sounds good to me