One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
stylesrj

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:50 pm

Tabitha kept cooking those whale meat steaks until they were ready. She then gave out a call that food was up and it was in their best interests to get to the mess hall now - accidents could happen...
Unless Cathos told him, Targon's going to have a surprise with his sushi... she thought to herself, taking the wraps out of the fridge.
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:00 pm

"Great. What do you mean by sense-" Nazia shut off before he could finish the question. "Never mind.."

He started the entire scan and then heard Tabitha calling for dinner. He did a double check to make sure everything was running smoothly and went to eat.

"Hello, Tabitha," He said cheerfully, sitting down on a bench. "What delicacies have you whipped up for us today?"
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:08 pm

"Well Cathos said he wanted raw space whale meat and I know how much you love raw space whale meat" Tabitha explained, pushing the sushi tray to Targon "So I figured why not put it into sushi just for you and him?"
She gave one of those insincere smiles that would give the game away if any normal, rational Human being saw it. "Barring that, there's the cooked steaks. I just had to try out the new spices I bought at the last station and they cook really well with the space whale meat."
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:45 am

Hearing that the food was ready, Kr followed Targon out to the mess hall. "Raw meat is pointless," he said about the sushi Targon had requested. "Our ancestors may have eaten everything raw, but a good meal is cooked. It gives more energy and taste." He paused for a moment, chewing. "I don't recognize this taste though. Is this still whale?"
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:56 am

Targon was delighted at the items Tabitha had created.

"Mm, I think I'll have both," he heaped a plate with space whale and steak, and without further ado slapped his head down into his homemade food pile and started eating. A few seconds later, and after nearly half of the food was gone, he suddenly stopped and his whole body actually made a twonging noise, as if it was a stretched guitar string.

I went kind of nuts. I am willing to edit this post if wanted.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME!?" The enraged Mantis bellowed, leaping from the bench and tearing, throwing and jumping on the food all around the room. "MY INTESTINES HAVE BEEN MURDERED, YOU PIECE OF CYBER-NETIC BULLCRAP!!" His one eye throbbed and started to become bloodshot.

"YOU COULD'VE JUST SETTLED WITH A SIMPLE DRIZZLE OF WASABI, BUT NO-OH!! YOU HAD TO DRENCH THE ENTIRE THING IN THE STUFF!!" Targon's rage attacked the table, tearing it to shreds, then he focused on the replicator.

"WHY ME?? WHY-Y-YEEE!?" Tears were flowing like a flood out of his eye, and the replicator was torn beyond recognition. Still sobbing, he ran from the room and straight into the bathroom.

"WHY-Y-Y-YEEEEEEEEEE..."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:07 am

"Kr, if things were not being rationed, I'd give you my share of the steak." Tabitha said, watching Targon eat the sushi. She gave a sly smile as the insect gobbled it right up although felt disappointed at not hearing an immediate reaction.
Then she started to regret having actually done that when Targon went on a berserk rampage, tearing up the kitchen in anger.
Tabitha quickly ducked behind the counter as the claws and food were sent flying, splattering the room in juices and spices. I know Mantis can go into a blood-rage over many things but this is ridiculous! she thought to herself

As soon as Targon was away though, Tabitha took a deep breath and looked to the others and then at the state of the equipment. "I guess he really doesn't like the spices in his sushi..." she said sheepishly, grabbing a mop and walking over to the leaking, broken replicator "I'll uhhh... go clean this mess up?"

I guess Targon really spiced things up, right? 8-)
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:50 am

When he heard that dinner was ready Arkangel headed over to the mess hall, only to find Targon rushing out, tears flowing from his eyes. A quick scan of the destroyed mess hall quickly indicated what happened.
"Really now?" he mused while forming out a steak and eating it. He then went and sat down at the table, being sure to shut off his oxygen-hungry programs, given that he's sitting in close proximity with others.

I_am_person, do you interpret Lanius as robots? I interpret them as silicon based life forms with some form of coding added but not pure robots like Engi. I can edit my post if you want.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:55 am

My two Scrap on the Lanius is that I like to think of Lanius as iron-based lifeforms. Sounds impossible or unlikely? They thought the same about carbon-based life.
But that's my preference and you can have them similar to Engies or robots considering how some interpret Zoltan as pure energy in the form of a person or just as glowing people who can power systems via magic.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:39 am

I guess I do think of them as robots, yes, since they can just shut down and go into hibernation as well as eating only metal as far as I've seen in the game writing. I certainly don't think of them as needing normal food, though. I'd agree most with styslerj, though. I mean if you want to add an organic component you want but... Also, I view Lanius as not being able to turn off their oxygen draining system, but...
Injustice Rains From Above!
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:54 am

Well I agree that they can't deactivate their oxygen draining but they can optimize themselves to use less oxygen, just like optimizing a computer to use less processing power.