One final chance: An FTL-RP

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
elijahdb

Re: One final chance: An FTL-RP

Postby elijahdb » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:27 pm

Targon told Dyxie the terms and they agreed. Remote access was created and Targon left the room, taking a break from the jumble of notes and hybrid coding.

"What we need is more mainframes," Targon whispered to himself, "And we've got four of them! I'll have to ask around once everything is settled down." He walked into the kitchen and grabbed a can of meat, sucking his fingers while eating it.

This following paragraph never happened unless kestralfan comes back to the RP.

"Oh hey, Derk!" Targon bumped into the Lanius while walking out the door. "Could I ask you a favor? Would you be willing to let me scan you? And maybe copy some code from you? It's an experiment I'm working on with a colleague of mine, we're trying to make Engi-Lanius hybrids."
Last edited by elijahdb on Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:28 pm

"She's my crew. Well, former, since we're not on my ship anymore."

Sorry for the wait and the tiny post. Family obligations.
Injustice Rains From Above!
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:45 pm

Sciguy here. I had to switch to a different account because of unfortunate circumstances. Just pretend I'm Sciguy.
Nomiddlename

Postby Nomiddlename » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:21 pm

Arkangel, after spending many hours, finished his creation: the connecticut. Four blades emanated upward from the ground, meeting into a central spire. A golden energy was glowing in the center. Arkangel put his arm in the glowing energy and spoke.
"Viri fratres, nostro princeps postulat Templarii. X Festina, et invenerit eam aliquis in provincia, cum magistro tandem vult loqui."
He retracted his arm and emerged into the airlock, went to his quarters and rested.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:36 pm

Tabitha figured out how to duct tape a laser pointer to her laser blaster. And an obnoxiously bright torch (flashlight) for those who get annoyed by the laser pointer in their eyes. But it was rigged to flash in such a pattern to cause nausea in most species.

She set a course for the next beacon to see what was out there "When it comes to picking the next sector, what are our choices Quintet? And don't tell me it's two nebulae. We can find a way around it can't we? Even if it takes a bit more time, right?"
The tales you hear about those places. Plasma storms, ghost ships and Captain Nights... she thought to herself, Although who is Captain Nights anyway? Hardly anyone heard about him last year.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:01 am

(Again, if you weren't on the ship when we jumped, don't worry. Act as if you were.)

"Well, I can go ahead and jump to the exit beacon. Engaging jump drive!"

The jump drive engaged, spurring a awe-inspiring storm of light for a few seconds outside of the ship before they arrived at the exit beacon.

"So! We've made it past our first sector. Only.. what, nine more to go? Luckily time isn't a factor here. Let's look at our options."

Quintet scanned the options of sectors to travel through.

"Looking at our situation, we have a nice 81 scrap units and nowhere to spend it, so a friendly sector - most preferably civilian, as it will have the greatest variety of shops for us to shop at. and a few decked-out pirates to destroy for extra scrap units. Scans say..
Engi territory and Mantis territory! I guess we know where we're going!"
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:51 am

Tabitha was half-tempted to vote for the Mantis sector. But the Engi Sector was probably the safest zone.
"After all this time, and all that loot and having a big crew... and we haven't even left the first sector... I wonder how long it'd take to clear the next?" she commented.

Engi Sectors can contain Zoltan labs... so there's a chance for that stasis pod that Tabitha insists is some cheap garbage and not containing a Crystal in it
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:03 am

Targon voiced his opinion on the comms. "I'd prefer the Engi sector due to the research I'm working on. But a Mantis sector would give me the chance to try some old delicacies, such as raw space whale." He swallowed saliva thinking about it. "Mm, now I'm all hungry."
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
Chickengames

Postby Chickengames » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:56 am

"I don't care where we go," Kr said over the comms. "The mantis sector will probably bring a lot of scrap, though." He went up to his quarters and locked to door. "I'll be in my quarters if anyone needs me." While he was there, sitting on his bed, he noticed something that wasn't there before. There was a book on the only other piece of furniture in there. Kr picked it up and opened it to find no title or labels of any kind. It was written in Mantis instead of Galactic, which was the new standard. He didn't remember ever buying a book, and he and Targon were the only ones onboard that might know Mantis. Kr began to read, and found it was written in the Tyλykk dialect. I'm pretty sure I'm the only one on this ship that knows this dialect, but I don't remember writing this...
I_am_person

Postby I_am_person » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:56 am

"I'd rather not have a mantis to deal with." He voted for the engi sector.

"Although an engi would give me a run for my money." He grumbled, remembering how Quintet took away some free combat experience points that he could've had. Walking back to his quarters, he took out his laptop, almost delving immediately into his records. Then he remembered who ran the ship. Fumbling through his things, he took out a purple and black hacking chip, which he usually used to manually fry modules. After modifying the settings a little bit, he stuck it into his computer, frying the system and its connection as well as any monitoring Quintet could be doing. Just to be safe, he took out an ion stunning handgun and shot it as well, cutting the power completely. Putting zoltan-energy powered batteries into his now-secure laptop, he abandoned all the jobs he had previously accepted. While it was much to the dismay of his employers and his wallet, he wasn't going to be able to get to them anytime soon.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

When the announcement went live, Nazia was sitting in her room, reconfiguring a custom arm cannon that had been damaged by a stray shot from the station guards. She'd taken off her suit a while ago. This wasn't Cathos's ship anymore, and looking at how the other lanius roamed... freely, it seems as if the ship had an adequate oxygen system.

"To hell with engi, they never do anything exciting. Besides, 81 scrap doesn't justify actively searching for shops, we need to get more to spend more." While trying to think of more cons, her mind went to a lanius, Arkangel, who had a jetpack on, which could only have one purpose. A boarding lanius with only a jetpack for propulsion was an easy target for engi defense drones... As she was thinking about the ship's fighting capabilities, her mind went back to what she saw of the ship's hull. She didn't remember seeing any visible armaments, although they could've been deactivated.

"Say, Quintet, what's this ship got in terms of weapons?"
Last edited by I_am_person on Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Injustice Rains From Above!