FTL would you rather

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
SciGuy303

FTL would you rather

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun May 08, 2016 12:08 am

Just an FTL themed would you rather thingy. Ill start us off:

Would you rather have your entire ship covered with fires or have the entire ship covered in breaches?
When you answer be sure to ask another would you rather question!
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
stylesrj

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 08, 2016 12:45 am

SciGuy303 wrote:Just an FTL themed would you rather thingy. Ill start us off:

Would you rather have your entire ship covered with fires or have the entire ship covered in breaches?
When you answer be sure to ask another would you rather question!

Breaches. I'm assuming it's after the battle, everything has somehow been repaired but covered in breaches.
So you fix up the medbay first, then slowly work your way outwards until everything's fixed. Fires would be doing damage to your systems even if you vent them out and you could lose your medbay and O2 in the process.

Would you rather:

Go to a Zoltan Sector with nothing but Weapons Licensing Zoltan encounters (so 6 boarders at the start) and they have Mind Control and Clone Bays

Or

A CE Zoltan Sector where all your encounters are highly evasive, oxygen-free, level 3-medbay armed AI ships loaded with missile weaponry and fast-charging FTL drives?
SciGuy303

Postby SciGuy303 » Sun May 08, 2016 1:01 am

stylesrj wrote:Would you rather:

Go to a Zoltan Sector with nothing but Weapons Licensing Zoltan encounters (so 6 boarders at the start) and they have Mind Control and Clone Bays

Or

A CE Zoltan Sector where all your encounters are highly evasive, oxygen-free, level 3-medbay armed AI ships loaded with missile weaponry and fast-charging FTL drives?

The CE sector. You can run from one but you can't run from the other.

Would you rather:

Have the Lanius B AND Crystal B removed from the game

or

Have CE removed from the game (and also from the modding community)?
I do random stuff and surf on the fourms. That's about it.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 08, 2016 12:59 pm

What would you rather: ship with OP teleport and maxed mantis crew, reconstructive teleport, maxed mind control, 4 boarder drones, a four man teleport and lvl 3 medbay but stupid weapons, or a ship that is crewed entirely with engies, a weapon preigniter with maxed everything and 4 (yes, a generous 4) BURST LASER II's but the enemy ship has a four man teleport with mantises?
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 08, 2016 1:07 pm

Would you rather:

or

Have CE removed from the game (and also from the modding community)?[/quote]

hmm, hard. :!: :?: :?: :?: I appreciate CE because it makes you try to win the game a lot because its harder, and improves it (pictures of salvoes of artillery lasers and hull crushers wrecking the rebel flagship in mind (ps ship I'm thinking about has 16 power in weapons (thanks to stylesrj for dat big sexy zoltan flagship) in mind)) but REMOVING THE TWO MOST OP SHIPS IN THE ENTIRE GAME IS AN AFFRONT TO MY DIGNITY AND ALSO THE OTHER DEVOTED SHRIKE AND CARNELIAN USERS AROUND THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
sorry sleeper service, CE is great and all, but... SciGuy303 gave me a hard decision, and I'm going to have to follow my heart... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I'm sorry...
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ban ce... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
me sayin sorry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bsqGX3Inpw
and for extra measure... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
on a lighter note: What would you rather: ship with OP teleport and maxed mantis crew, reconstructive teleport, maxed mind control, 4 boarder drones, a four man teleport and lvl 3 medbay but stupid weapons, or a ship that is crewed entirely with engies, a weapon preigniter with maxed everything and 4 (yes, a generous 4) BURST LASER II's but the enemy ship has a four man teleport with mantises?
Last edited by Stormbringer on Sun May 08, 2016 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stormbringer

Postby Stormbringer » Sun May 08, 2016 1:10 pm

yes me saying sorry is supposed to be Aussie Nyan cat.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Sun May 08, 2016 3:58 pm

SciGuy303 wrote:
Would you rather:

or

Have CE removed from the game (and also from the modding community)?

Have Lanius B and Crystal B,
Compared to how much CE adds, And trust me those are 2 of my favorite ships, but CE adds so much, and it would be such a waste for all the hard work the people that made it, for it to just go away

Would You Rather:

Have level 3 shields at the boss(max 3)

Or

Have level 2 cloaking, and 45% regular evasion
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 08, 2016 7:44 pm

Strombringer wrote:on a lighter note: What would you rather: ship with OP teleport and maxed mantis crew, reconstructive teleport, maxed mind control, 4 boarder drones, a four man teleport and lvl 3 medbay but stupid weapons, or a ship that is crewed entirely with engies, a weapon preigniter with maxed everything and 4 (yes, a generous 4) BURST LASER II's but the enemy ship has a four man teleport with mantises?

Engies. You can flush the mantis out the airlocks and then play Yakety Sax as you run around the ship, avoiding Mantis attacks.

MikieRPG wrote:Have level 3 shields at the boss(max 3)

Or

Have level 2 cloaking, and 45% regular evasion

Level 3 shields. There's nothing great about level 2 Cloaking. And considering my luck with evasion, I need protection.

Although Level 3 Shields is what I go with because normally I have 45% evasion to make it effective.

Would you rather:

Have a ship that has no augment slots (Taken up by augments that don't exist so those slots are filled but blank)

or

Have a ship unable to buy extra systems (all of them are taken up by crappy Artillery that doesn't work but also don't take power to operate)
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Sun May 08, 2016 9:53 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Would you rather:

Have a ship that has no augment slots (Taken up by augments that don't exist so those slots are filled but blank)

or

Have a ship unable to buy extra systems (all of them are taken up by crappy Artillery that doesn't work but also don't take power to operate)

While i love my augments,
its possible to easily win without them.
While certain systems can make or break your playthough, (the unstealth C for example XD)

Would you rather:

Have to win the game with Engi B, to save your life.

Or

Have to win the game with Unstealth C, to save your life.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 08, 2016 10:58 pm

MikieRpg wrote:
Would you rather:

Have to win the game with Engi B, to save your life.

Or

Have to win the game with Unstealth C, to save your life.

Hmm, let's see. Shieldless ship with Shield Drone and 3 Drone Slots or 1-Engi crew with crappy drones and a powerful ion with a powerful laser for the one-two punch but slow combo...

Engi B for sure!

Would you rather:

Fly a shieldless ship with 1HP but it has powerful weapons, a preigniter and a good counter-boarding team

Or

Fly a ship with 100HP, full shields but it only has one weapon that takes forever to charge and does very little damage? It can't use any other weapons though. You're stuck hitting the enemy with a spoon for hours