FTL would you rather

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
Epsilon Carinae
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:40 pm
Location: Somewhere inside an anthill

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby Epsilon Carinae » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Stormbringer wrote:what would you want:
a total overhaul involving a new alien race and ships to go with it, completely revamped ships and kooky new weapons (FTL Ultimate Edition (yes I have been away working on that))
or
a new ui where you command a fleet (sort of like Star Wars: Enpire of War: Forces of Corruption) and also can control scout/bomber/assault squadrons. each faction e.g. slug, zoltan, mantis etc. has unique ships that have unique abilities and crew.

Unless said new race has weapons that deal splash-damage, I'd go for the latter.
Because unlimited ships.
I am an innocent ant in an unforgiving world.
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:58 pm

Would you rather:

Be a foolish meatsack slave at a Mantis hive

or

Be a Mantis living on a Rebel planet?

In one of them, you get to live and work for the masters but they might kill you at any time... in the other, you have to be in hiding and will probably die if found out.
User avatar
Stormbringer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am
Location: The Eagle
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby Stormbringer » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:54 am

stylesrj wrote:Would you rather:

Be a foolish meatsack slave at a Mantis hive

or

Be a Mantis living on a Rebel planet?

In one of them, you get to live and work for the masters but they might kill you at any time... in the other, you have to be in hiding and will probably die if found out.


ehh. Dunno. Probably A
Image
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
dyno101
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby dyno101 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:58 pm

stylesrj wrote:Would you rather:

Be a foolish meatsack slave at a Mantis hive

or

Be a Mantis living on a Rebel planet?

In one of them, you get to live and work for the masters but they might kill you at any time... in the other, you have to be in hiding and will probably die if found out.


Oh, wow. Live and most likely die in hiding or live and most likely die in abuse?
Probably 2, mostly because hiding sounds better than working in pain all day, even if it means an early death.

So, Would you rather.

Be a Major Federation Official

OR...

Be a Major Rebel Official?
Hey, now! Think about it. The Rebels are racist and crude, but chances are they'll win the war, and it's pretty much guaranteed that they'll execute the federation command they captured and didn't kill on sight. The federation is (Questionably and Arguably) striving for a more peaceful galaxy, but the chances are they'll lose. If the federation does somehow still stand strong, most of the major Rebel command will be imprisoned for life, if not executed.
So, in essence, you can either be the good guy and have the odds stacked against you or be a crude, racist murderer but have better odds to survive.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
User avatar
stylesrj
Posts: 3644
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:54 am
Location: The Shrike
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:16 am

Hmm, I think I'll go with the Rebel official. I can always change my stance later depending on who wins. "I for one, support my Rebel overlords! Screw aliens!"
"Sir, the Federation has won!"
"All praise aliens!'

Of course that would put my loyalty into question so in the event of losing... there's always Space Argentina I can flee to, right?

Would you rather:

Write an awful FTL fanfic and get plenty of comments, popularity and reviews but you'll be dead inside

or

Write a good FTL fanfic where hardly anyone sees it but you know you've done something good?
User avatar
Stormbringer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am
Location: The Eagle
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby Stormbringer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:50 am

stylesrj wrote:Hmm, I think I'll go with the Rebel official. I can always change my stance later depending on who wins. "I for one, support my Rebel overlords! Screw aliens!"
"Sir, the Federation has won!"
"All praise aliens!'

Of course that would put my loyalty into question so in the event of losing... there's always Space Argentina I can flee to, right?

Would you rather:

Write an awful FTL fanfic and get plenty of comments, popularity and reviews but you'll be dead inside

or

Write a good FTL fanfic where hardly anyone sees it but you know you've done something good?

B definitely b. I like the feeling of doing something good.
would you
be a mantis living in a engi colony (sort of like the mantis from the human colony whose parents are engineers)
or
Be a human in a crystal sector

basically the same IK
Image
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
dyno101
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby dyno101 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:13 pm

Stormbringer wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Hmm, I think I'll go with the Rebel official. I can always change my stance later depending on who wins. "I for one, support my Rebel overlords! Screw aliens!"
"Sir, the Federation has won!"
"All praise aliens!'

Of course that would put my loyalty into question so in the event of losing... there's always Space Argentina I can flee to, right?

Would you rather:

Write an awful FTL fanfic and get plenty of comments, popularity and reviews but you'll be dead inside

or

Write a good FTL fanfic where hardly anyone sees it but you know you've done something good?

B definitely b. I like the feeling of doing something good.
would you
be a mantis living in a engi colony (sort of like the mantis from the human colony whose parents are engineers)
or
Be a human in a crystal sector

basically the same IK


Ah! now this is difficult.
I would choose A because of how crystals treat humans. The problem is, most of the shiny little fiendish hiders don't know what humans are and think they are literally sacks of meat in colorful bags.
And being a mantis in an Engi sector isn't that bad. The Engi will not mess with you, that's for sure.
Would you rather...
Live and die civilian on the run because of the war's pirating surge

OR...

Live and die an evil, murderous pirate taking advantage of the war?
Be innocent and live and die in distress, or be guilty and live and die in power. Take your pick.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
User avatar
Stormbringer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am
Location: The Eagle
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:36 am

dyno101 wrote:
Stormbringer wrote:
stylesrj wrote:Hmm, I think I'll go with the Rebel official. I can always change my stance later depending on who wins. "I for one, support my Rebel overlords! Screw aliens!"
"Sir, the Federation has won!"
"All praise aliens!'

Of course that would put my loyalty into question so in the event of losing... there's always Space Argentina I can flee to, right?

Would you rather:

Write an awful FTL fanfic and get plenty of comments, popularity and reviews but you'll be dead inside

or

Write a good FTL fanfic where hardly anyone sees it but you know you've done something good?

B definitely b. I like the feeling of doing something good.
would you
be a mantis living in a engi colony (sort of like the mantis from the human colony whose parents are engineers)
or
Be a human in a crystal sector

basically the same IK


Ah! now this is difficult.
I would choose A because of how crystals treat humans. The problem is, most of the shiny little fiendish hiders don't know what humans are and think they are literally sacks of meat in colorful bags.
And being a mantis in an Engi sector isn't that bad. The Engi will not mess with you, that's for sure.
Would you rather...
Live and die civilian on the run because of the war's pirating surge

OR...

Live and die an evil, murderous pirate taking advantage of the war?
Be innocent and live and die in distress, or be guilty and live and die in power. Take your pick.


A. I like to keep my innocence

if it is during the war I die, then I would be a pirate. If I die after the war, I would be a civvie.
Image
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
User avatar
Stormbringer
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am
Location: The Eagle
Contact:

Re: FTL would you rather

Postby Stormbringer » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:59 am

ps
what would you rather?
be a rebel living in the federation after the war, hated by all
or
a slave in a mantis camp?
pps re-run of previous:
Engi in a mantis hive
or
Mantis in federation during federation-mantis war
Image
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests