I...I....I think I'm in love

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
IONASPHERE

I...I....I think I'm in love

Postby IONASPHERE » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 pm

Sector 1, beacon 3

I can't post a screenshot, because for some reason it's not working, but here's what happened

Little pirate scout, I'm using the Mantis cruiser, layout A (just unlocked it). I teleport in, do some killing etc etc. Only 2 crew members, a human and an engi. I kill them, and then I get the generic 'no life signs' message. Only I got this too, 'You find a weapon still functional, with no one to stop you, blah blah,install on ship.
Only it was a mother-f*cking glaive beam, in only my third beacon

Any of you have such good strokes of luck?
IONASPHERE

Re: I...I....I think I'm in love

Postby IONASPHERE » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:29 pm

IT GOT BETTER! I got a 'Holy crap, a weapon just floating in space' too. A vulcan. I almost feel sorry for the flagship now
stylesrj

Re: I...I....I think I'm in love

Postby stylesrj » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:29 pm

Having end-game weapons like those early on sounds great, but what you really want to find floating out in space are things like Flak guns and Burst Lasers. They don't take as much power and deliver more devastating firepower in return.

I once was flying a ship, relaxing feeling good, yeah. Next thing that happened was I captured a Rebel Rigger and took its cargo - a Burst Laser Mk.II

I was excited, so I went to the next beacon and it was the one with the 6-legged horses. I communicated with them and they led to me to a crashed ship where I found some Scrap, an Engi and a Weapons Pre-igniter. Not bad for the end of Sector 1.
Pity the game crashed a few sectors in and I couldn't recover it :(
That Flagship would have been in a world of hurt - I was getting crew out the wazoo.