A Strange Code

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Fireclaw27

Re: A Strange Code

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Contacting Monkeys.

"Monkeys. Under official Federation Law, you are hereby obliged to speak Galactic, only Galactic and nothing but Galactic"

Contacted Monkeys.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:23 pm

There's a Galactic Law that enforces everyone to speak a single language? But the Federation is all about diversity. I just wanted some clarification on what those monkeys were saying, not an enforcement of... wait that sounds like... GASP!

My word! My monocle has fallen into my teacup from the revelation!

The Engies are working for the Rebellion AND they've taken me to Rebel Command, not Federation Command!

Blimey... I've got to get out of here!
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:36 pm

Engi's do not work for rebellion.
Law of Galactic v.6895
So, like everyone should just speak Galactic, 'cause it's a pretty cool language.
Law Ends

To further clarify, Galactic is a mixture of 900 different languages. It is the official language of the federation. The rebels only use Galoctic, a human-based language with no non-human adaptations.
We had thought about joining the rebellion, but we did not as you to taught us Numberwang.
(always choose the blue options)
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:40 pm

Oh right, how did I forget that... looks like my monocle is back and not shattered.

But then if we're at Federation Command, where did I acquire this perfectly intact Rebel Fighter in Rebel colours, an ID code of the Rebellion and it was fully staffed by Rebel crew who I had murdered to steal their ship from them? There's even a kitten pirate poster telling me something inspiring and a reminder to wash behind my ears.

The Federation just doesn't have these lying around in a massive hangar.
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Note: I am just a normal engi, who was taught about numberwang, and then translated the message. I have no idea why the federation would have that.

Admiral Tully(definitely not a rebel impersonator): Um, I have never seen that before. And the rebels have not destroyed the federation and set up a trap here for any last supporters of it. I repeat we did not do- the rebels did not do that.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:04 pm

Well I can't trust someone who's text is so dark that you have to highlight it to see it. I think Tully might be an imposter.
There is one way to check though...

What is Eleventy-Seventine?
Fireclaw27

Postby Fireclaw27 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:26 pm

Admiral Tully: Don't ask me stupid questions, our glorious rebellion will crush you! I Mean- um - oops- REBELS, ATTACK!!!

Tea Lady: Oh my Golly Gosh. He is a rebel spy!

Affirmative. The rebels have taken over the federation.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:37 pm

Actually I was going to say that was the right answer. The real Admiral Tully doesn't know anything about Numberwang and would be confused enough to mix up the factions. Tully after all used to work for those guys and can sometimes slip back into that character.

But that tea lady... she was clearly speaking Galoctic! She's the Rebel spy and has captured Admiral Tully, rendering the text unreadable without highlighting! We must rescue Admiral Tully and get back to Federation Command proper!

I'm going in! Cover me while I... sweet this Rebel Fighter has four Burst Lasers Mk.II! Seriously why doesn't the Federation issue all ships with this? The Rebellion might not seem so bad after all if they can give me such awesome firepower!
HarkintheMantis

Postby HarkintheMantis » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:09 am

We have the Eagle Bearers Fleet Ready to Kill Rebel scum bags and send em home in a Space Marine Induced Giant Exploision!!!!!!
HA ha hahahahhahah
Die Rebels
Ravanor Signing off
PS I have a new postal code.
it is
Inperium Of Doom Titen
Space
HARKINTHEMANTIS ROCKS!!!!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:26 am

Thanks for the cover Ravanor! Admiral Tully is safe in the teleporter room for the time being. Now let's blow this popsicle stand and head on home! I'ma chargin' my lasers.