FTL: The Great War

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
META_mahn

FTL: The Great War

Postby META_mahn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:59 am

Hey, guys, it's me. I'm back from the dead. Apparently everything else around me is dying as well.
The FTL hype seems to have passed onto Starbound and stuff. Kinda sad, even VoV is playing more of Dungeon of Endless and XCom and less FTL, when he used to pretty much play FTL all the way back in the day. Even I, who used to play the **** out of FTL, has moved on to games like Robocraft and League of Legends. Also Risk of Rain.
Story time. Here goes nothing...

Prologue
Edward

Year: 2096
Planet: Earth
Area: Duskwing Research Laboratories

"It's breached the blast door! Security systems activate!"
"There's no way we can hold it off! Arrghhhhh..."
I shut off the comms as a sense of hopelessness overtook the room with the ten of us plus the sentient facility AI, Theia. In with me was my suitor, Artemis, Cynthia and Angela, my sisters, James, Paul, Seth, my high school friends, Marie, Cassandra, and Henry, some of the most trusted researchers.
"Is there any way out, Edward?" Angela asked.
"Hold on, I'm thinking. Theia, how are the escape pods?"
<Escape pods are in functional condition, complete with personal backup weapons installed.> Theia replied.
"Good. Everyone got their backup DNA ready?" I said as I held up my shatter-resistant vial of DNA. It was genetically altered like the rest of my body's DNA, engineered to give me more athletic ability, longer lifespan, higher mental ability, and higher senses. Everyone else had about the same modifications, but the modifications caused some strange defects. My eyes were a different color than normal, and my ears were slightly more pointed than a normal human's. The others had their own defects as well.
SMASH.
<Recommended Course of Action: Evacuate. I will copy my AI to all of your HUDs so as to offer advice when necessary.>
We sprinted towards the escape pods. Just as the escape pods took off and their cryo-stasis kicked in, we could see the beast burst through the door, sniffing...
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
DarkPhoenix141

Re: FTL: The Great War

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:07 pm

META_mahn wrote:Hey, guys, it's me. I'm back from the dead. Apparently everything else around me is dying as well.
The FTL hype seems to have passed onto Starbound and stuff. Kinda sad, even VoV is playing more of Dungeon of Endless and XCom and less FTL, when he used to pretty much play FTL all the way back in the day. Even I, who used to play the **** out of FTL, has moved on to games like Robocraft and League of Legends. Also Risk of Rain.
Story time. Here goes nothing...

As long as the forum is up, I'll still be here. And if we're lucky, Subset will integrate their new project into the FTL forums and hopefully be a benefit for both sides.
Though FTL is still highly played on Steam last I heard, and if we're lucky someone will make an ULTRA MOD that everyone needs to download and the game will come back from the dead.
That said, FTL Overdrive (?) is going to be like our version of OpenXCOM, and it will be GREAT.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING