[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Superblox

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby Superblox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:48 am

"You know... I-if you want, I can go ahead and get a bed ready in the cockpit so you can get some rest... If you want to, that is..." The A.I. offers to Romero in a somewhat shy manner.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 am

"Y-you know what...? Sure. I'll take it. I need it. Need to stop dwelling on the past for once." Romero yawned getting up and stretching.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:05 am

"Alright." He gives him brief instructions on how to get there, setting up a bed for him. He figured he might get a little bit of rest in a while too. Even an A.I. had to get some rest.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:32 am

Romero plopped down on the bed, passing out within seconds, but his dream was the stuff of nightmares to him.

The truth.

He remembered of being in the desert, the familiar scene where he was forced to shoot Walker in the chest, killing him.

The voices of Adams behind him

"THIS IS YOUR FAULT GODDAMMIT! YOU TURNED HIM INTO A FUCKING KILLER! IT WAS ALL YOU!".

He ignored them, as the sands faded away he nearly awoke. But he relaxed himself, and finally got some sleep.

It was comforting for once.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:20 am

Interceptor decides he should get himself a bit of rest. His systems that aren't needed start turning off.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:00 am

Romero laid restless, still, but stressed.

He continually remembered the events within the desert, but he quickly realized his versions of events were far different from how things actually were.

These memories faded to darkness, he relaxed again.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:25 am

"Slava" as he was known to most people, since his real name is too complicated for non-Russians, heard a shot being fired nearby and was mildly curious. Gunshots are not rare in this part of the station, but one coming from the ship hangar with no return fire was.

"Ugh, I need to stop drinking that cheap stuff all the time. I don't remember much of the night before." Looking in his pocket, he finds his datapad with a new message. BY THE COMMAND OF THE FEDERATION NAVAL COMMAND, YOU ARE ASSIGNED TO THE FOLLOWING SHIP. YOUR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN UPDATED WITH YOUR FEE FOR THE EXPECTED DURATION. Slava has it set to alert him if a new message comes in, so it must have come I last night and he must have spent some of his credit on some cheap booze in celebration. "Maybe I'll get some of that nanite-infused stuff next time, I heard it is just as good and doesn't leave you forgetting anything." Since the ship won't leave quite yet, he fell back asleep on the dock.
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:45 am

As he turned off, any person on the ship who was awake would notice a faint buzz coming from the cockpit. One of the monitors was buzzing, showing a message in red.

[Play Blackbox Footage? Y/N]
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:39 am

As an iron-based lifeform created to serve a purpose on a ship, Translator didn't feel the need to sleep. "That Romero has some real issues with the past" he remarked to the AI before heading to the cockpit to examine the life support systems. "If a pilot is needed, they must be able to breathe effectively" he remarked, opening the doors.

Immediately he spotted a strange tingling sensation across his whole body as he looked at one of the terminals. "Blackbox footage?" he asked himself before deciding to humour the glowing screen and press "Y".
This seems like I'm intruding on something personal but let's find out more about my new AI friend!
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:45 am

The monitor comes to life, and a screen shows up. It shows a strange ship that looks like an A.I. Drone, but blue in color. There is a human girl in a picture at the top-left, pressing multiple buttons, presumably the captain. "Interceptor, why haven't we taken off yet?!" "I'm sorry Captain Jessie, he took out our engines in the initial fire, and most of the crew have been..." "Don't worry Interceptor... We just need to pull through..." What seems to be a Glaive beam on the enemy ship fires, and there is a flash in the camera feed, followed by a boom. "JESSIE!" The light representing the SBN Interceptor's Cockpit goes out.