[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Superblox

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby Superblox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:46 pm

Nah, no need to wait. Might as well get started.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

The SBN Interceptor was excited. Today was the day he'd finally get his own crew! He knew that he wasn't the most desired ship, being an A.I., but he was glad he'd get any crew at all. He even was able to find out that one was a human, the other being a Lanius. He was honestly quite fascinated with the Lanius, after all, it's not everyday you meet a metallic creature that can suck the oxygen out of a room!
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:28 pm

Romero looked on at the strange, metallic and pale structure of the Lanius, looking on with estranged eyes before he finally muttered "Good to meet ya". He walked around the ship, for a minute he hoped things were normal and safe, but his thoughts interrupted. "Goddamn. Why does command do this to me? Why did I have to get stationed on the ship with the killer A.I? Why did I get stationed with Captain Walker, who JUUUUUUUUUST had to drop white phosphorous on innocent civilians because he was an insane asshole. Goddammit."He thought, before a familiar face walked into the room "Hey Romero. Figured I'd come to see you off." he said "Good to see you Oscar." Terrance said "Well... Figured Adams and Walker would've wanted to see you off. But you got me. I'm off to greet the new guys" Oscar said grimly "Hopefully the new Sergeant isn't a crazy motherfucker like Walker... Goddammit." Romero whispered "Hey, don't worry about it. It was Walker's fault, don't stress over it. Just forget about that operation, nothing happened." Oscar said "J-just... forget about it." he continued, before walking out.

The story was wreathed in shadows, not like the two of them wanted to talk about it.

With that, Cross walked out of the ship, Romero plopped back on the wall and held his pistol in his hand.

He would love nothing more then the ship to detonate in a explosion of cowardice and humor, at least then the serial killer A.I. aboard the ship would be out of this realm of existence, allowing Romero to get an extra few seconds of sleep.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:32 pm

The ship whirs slightly as he turns on the speakers to speak to Romero. "Hello, you must be Romero."
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:17 am

The look on Romero's face was nothing short of despair, suffering, and all around "I did not sign up for this, I mean that in more ways then one" while he continuously thought "Serial killer A.I. isn't actually serial killer. I'm overreacting" replaced by thoughts of "We. Are. Done. We are collectively screwed.". He exhaled, released his stress (Resigning to die if the A.I truly had control of the ship's oxygen generation and supply) and looked up where a camera looked down where he sat against the short confrontation between Oscar and himself, his eyes and head slightly darting between the cameras and the speakers and the simple roof of the ship "Y-Yes...?" after it was said, he merely whispered in the lowest whisper possible:

"Please be another Romero. Please be another Romero. Please be another Romero. Please for the love of every and any god be a different Romero."

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:31 am

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I can't believe I'm finally going to have a proper crew! We're going to have the best of times"! Despite his mostly robotic tone, it's easy to pick up the excitement in the A.I.'s voice.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:12 am

Romero was surprised, nothing along the lines of a robot against human life, or the serialkiller.exe process he was so sure it had (As stupid as it was, seemed like a thing the Federation would do). Nor was it as cold as he expected, knowing how Walker was during the horrible events in the desert (That he wanted to avoid talking about), this was almost like talking to a human. He relaxed for a brief second before realizing current response in this mini-conversation was on him now "G-Glad to be here. Just a bit... uneasy, knowing Federation High Command they just love to put me in positions where I emerge the only person alive and only barely. I mean, anything's better then the desert, Captain Walker, but damn. Feel like something's... off." He said collapsing on the wall. "God damn, there is no, no goddamn way. There's gonna be somethin, I just know it. Psycho soldiers, rebel ships, traitors, something. Goddamn.... that might just be my PTSD talking, white phosphorous screws you up inside, in more ways then one." he continued, his head in his left hand, and his right hand on his pistol.

He regretted bringing it up, he did not want to remember what happened then.

The nervousness faded off, and turned to the cold depression, something all too familiar.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:03 am

Translator thought the aerobic being named Romero looked friendly enough as he boarded the ship. Immediately he slowed down his absorption rate - before the days of regenerating life support, crews would take shorter breaths as to preserve as much air as possible. The same was true for the Lanius, or at least in Translator's case. He didn't want to be confined to a single, airless room again.

He then overheard Romero having a very stressed conversation with one of the wall speakers. Deciding to lighten the mood, the Lanius said "Hey Interceptor, where's your life support system? I'd like to make some modifications."
Looking to the soldier he remarked "White phosphorous? I heard that stuff is nasty. But I've seen some pretty nasty things that would give a Mantis PTSD. Want to swap war stories? Misery enjoys company, or so I heard."
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:44 am

Interceptor had been about to try and talk to Romero more, wanting to know about him, but then decided to answer the Lanius' question. "My oxygen system is in-built, so there are three different access points in which you can give it modifications through: The engine room, The living quarters, and The cockpit... So you must be Translator." He sounded slightly excited throughout what he said.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 am

"Oh, I was hoping for a centralised system. Most ships I've served on have done that in the past. Sure it means the whole system can be taken out by a stray missile but it was easier to modify" Translator explained.
He then raised a claw in a salute of sorts. "Yes I am Translator. That's my actual name and what I did back in Vulture Fleet when I was created. I've never actually met an AI before. The closest I've seen were the Engies but they're not very talkative. You ask them a question, they answer it and then walk off."
Tharsis

Postby Tharsis » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:01 pm

Name: Svyatoslav (Slava) Igorevich
Race: Human
Looks: Orange/White Federation Work Uniform, thick mustache and beard, heavy Russian accent
Personality: Initially Anti-Social, becomes more friendly the better he knows the crew.
History: Graduated Federation Academy in the top 5 percentile for shields operation and maintenance. He then went to the Zoltan Homeworlds to study their Super Shields (Almost got arrested for unlicensed weapons). After that he has served on several ships. Those ships have had some of the best sevece records in she Federation Navy. Now he works as a Freelance shields officer with a small addiction to vodka.
Profession: Shields Operator
"The're coming to destroy us... Why?... We want peace..."
The Dark Ones