[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Superblox

[RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby Superblox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:54 am

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum, and I am thinking of doing an rp. It is centered around an A.I. named the "SBN Interceptor" who was found by the Federation in bad shape sometime before the war between the Federation and the Rebels began. After they brought him to a functional state, they were quite surprised that the ship was an A.I. He requested to help work for the Federation, and after some consultation with the higher ups, they agreed. He was automatically fitted with new weapons, as most of them were destroyed or broken beyond repair. He now has a Dual Laser and a Glaive Beam. His shields were also touched upon, as they were damaged, and were upgraded to level 3. He has a Hacking system on board as well. Another unusual thing about the Interceptor was that he has a built in Oxygen System. Albeit it can only support a crew of 7 for about 2 months, but is still enough, so long as it isn't damaged.

Any help is welcome, as I am not used to monitoring a role play, so I will need some volunteers to help with different parts of it, such as someone to organize the encounters, someone to help with scenery, and obviously people to supply and use characters, etc. etc.

So, I am going to post the character form right here:

Name:
Looks:
Personality:
History(Optional):
Profession(Role on the ship):

I hope this is decent enough to gain attention, I'm new to this as I've said before, and more than glad to share the responsibility of maintaining this thread with others. :D
Superblox

Re: [RP] Adventures of an A.I.

Postby Superblox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 am

Oh, and here's a picture of what Interceptor looks like:
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:58 am

This won't be on an IRC chat I'm assuming?
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:26 am

If this is going to be an RP with one person posting then another responding and/or adding on to it, I'll join in. If it's an IRC thing, then I don't have time for it and scheduling and stuff.
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 am

I find the chats to be time consuming to set up and organize before actual role playing can take place... And it's annoying to get everyone ready to roleplay if there are members in different time zones. I'm in America, and forced to use the European time zone on this forum, so yeah... This will be a post-by-post roleplay.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:50 am

This will be a post-by-post roleplay.

Well considering the speed of this board in particular, post by post is probably a good idea for everyone. Because we can just come in and out over a few days, or in cases like me perhaps put in one per day/week.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:47 pm

Sweet, that's good for all of us.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:37 pm

Ok, so here's a Lanius character whom resembles the one from my fanfic, but is mostly different. Because he's a Lanius. They follow the scrap. Plus it's a named character.

Name: Translator
Race: Lanius
Looks: White metallic skin
Personality: Very talkative. Some might find it annoying, others find it interesting to know there's a Lanius who wishes to be social.
History(Optional): Translator was seen an a somewhat okay mechanic on the Lanius fleets but he spent most of his time studying alien cultures and learning their languages. These were somewhat useful since most of the fleets were in hibernation but his bosses didn't like him so they gave him to a Federation ship in exchange for some scrap. He learned a whole lot about computers and life support technology on that ship before again being transferred to other Federation vessels depending on their needs.
Now he's serving on the SBN Interceptor after an incident involving an Engi virus and his "debugging" through absorbing the computers that bothered him. This brought the Lanius to the Federation's attention and his dealings with computers and artificial intelligences.
Some think Translator is onboard the AI ship in case it goes rogue and needs to be taken down but others think that the anaerobic being just seems friendly enough. Some say he harbours regrets over what happened between him and the Engi virus...
Profession(Role on the ship): Repairs (mostly hangs around Life Support and Hacking)

I was thinking Translator has a hidden agenda or is essentially an insurance policy but he really doesn't want to kill an AI even if they tingle his senses constantly.
Also, is Life Support going to be a serious issue that Translator might have to be regulated outside? :D
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Here's mine, references oh references.

Name: Terrance Romero
Race: Human
Looks: Tan/brown helmet with a similarly colored face mask and cloak. Light green/tan armor plating and fatigues.
Personality: Nervous, cold, feverish.
History(Optional): Cpl. (Corporal) Terrance Romero was/is a Federation soldier who served with an experienced group of soldiers in the desert for 6 months. Afterwards (Though the specifics of these events are ambiguous as hell) the Federation higher-ups elected to send his squad on a entirely separate suicide mission against a rebel incursion on a planet systems away. After dealing with this he was reassigned, posted to defend a Federation world (Which fell under attack) and do nothing. When this Federation world came under attack of the 5,000 Federation Soldiers station all of 50 survived, Romero being the only one in his platoon to survive, with the exclusion of Oscar Cross who was also stationed with him. With this, the Federation once again gave him a backwater station aboard an A.I. ship. To Romero's disinterest and dismay.
Profession(Role on the ship): Boarding/Combat

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
Superblox

Postby Superblox » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:55 pm

Rj, Phoenix, you're both accepted!

And so you know, we can have it so that the SBN Interceptor can pump in oxygen just fast enough to keep a slim amount of oxygen in any given room the Translator is in, that way there can be at least small interactions without bothering with adding in re-breathers if any given character talks to him/it, although they will exist on the ship, as it is stupid not to put in any at all.

Oh, and I'm working on making the SBN Interceptor an actual ship, with minor changes from this thread's rp. Although I'm having trouble, as the .Jpng file is needed in order to add the hull in, but it adds a white square surrounding it. Think anyone on here has Photoshop and can help me fix this?