FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG (CLOSED)

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:19 pm

engi wrote:hello ? if its too late then o dont mind but if it isnt then pm and ill submit a caracter ;)


Yup! You can join! Enter the IRC on the first page
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:00 pm

Random Commander wrote:I would like to know if I am able to join, too! This character creation thing does seem a little weird for me though, so I may want help... PMs will be nice :)


Join the IRC on the first page so we can talk. i'm over there
jeffg10
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Omicron Orbital, Around Solaris III

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby jeffg10 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:19 pm

engi wrote:hello ? if its too late then o dont mind but if it isnt then pm and ill submit a caracter ;)

Random Commander wrote:I would like to know if I am able to join, too! This character creation thing does seem a little weird for me though, so I may want help... PMs will be nice :)

If you two get on the IRC when the session starts today (see last few Hanzz posts for the time) then we can get you two set up with characters :D so just make sure to get on some time (does not NEED to be today but that would be nice)
engi
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm
Location: in the federation flagships captain's chair
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby engi » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 am

umm the time for me is about half passt 11 so thats out the window for me :(
Image
Image
META_mahn
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby META_mahn » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:50 pm

OFFERING TO JOIN

Personal:
Name: Joey
Age:14
Timezone: Central

Okay, Fun time!

HERES THE CHAR.SHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


After being placed in one of the earliest known cryogenic stasis experiments, Edward Sugi (codename META_mahn) woke up in a Federation base. He asks for a newspaper, and instead is directed to a holo-board, where he notices about five centuries have passed by. He says he remembers being one of the original creators of the creators of the theoretical FTL drive, but over the centuries has "lost his touch" with the drive. Besides, the interface is so incredibly different he's not sure where to start.

The following is how he joins the ship, should you choose to accept.

Now, in a research station, a fire suddenly breaks out! A ship flies by, and engraved on the hull, it reads, "Bird of Prey." After being rescued, he offers to join the crew.

EQUIPMENT: He carries alot of obsolete artifacts which he placed on his bunk, such as US Dollars, a passport, a pen and paper, a cell phone, credit cards, and wrenches. (Hey, do you know what these are? I don't.) Upon being thawed, he also has found a pistol at the bottom of his cryo-tank. He modified it with items found in the Federation base, and it is now some sort of electric...gun...thing... (He says its Tesla technology, but why have I never seen it before?) Also carries this prototype handheld shield. Again, improved, blocks a few blaster shots, but it only blocks three. Then he needs some scrap to fix it. (requires 5 scrap/repair)

POST-JOINING CREW
However, he did set up his workshop in an empty room that's not an airlock

Of course, all of his combat gear is there for you to modify, change, and even remove if you want. (Yeah... that shield may be a little OP.)

Traits:
+=Positive
-=Negative
?=Neutral

+Sensible
+Understands a lot about engineering
+Learned hacking with relative ease
+Learns fast
-Will try and preserve his own life
-The Greed is Real (standard RPG player greed)
-Still doesn't get half of the stuff in the new world

(Storyteller, if the shield is way too op, just make it blow up in the first fight. I won't mind, I'll try to make it funny.)
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 pm

META_mahn wrote:OFFERING TO JOIN

Personal:
Name: Joey
Age:14
Timezone: Central

Okay, Fun time!

HERES THE CHAR.SHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


After being placed in one of the earliest known cryogenic stasis experiments, Edward Sugi (codename META_mahn) woke up in a Federation base. He asks for a newspaper, and instead is directed to a holo-board, where he notices about five centuries have passed by. He says he remembers being one of the original creators of the creators of the theoretical FTL drive, but over the centuries has "lost his touch" with the drive. Besides, the interface is so incredibly different he's not sure where to start.

The following is how he joins the ship, should you choose to accept.

Now, in a research station, a fire suddenly breaks out! A ship flies by, and engraved on the hull, it reads, "Bird of Prey." After being rescued, he offers to join the crew.

EQUIPMENT: He carries alot of obsolete artifacts which he placed on his bunk, such as US Dollars, a passport, a pen and paper, a cell phone, credit cards, and wrenches. (Hey, do you know what these are? I don't.) Upon being thawed, he also has found a pistol at the bottom of his cryo-tank. He modified it with items found in the Federation base, and it is now some sort of electric...gun...thing... (He says its Tesla technology, but why have I never seen it before?) Also carries this prototype handheld shield. Again, improved, blocks a few blaster shots, but it only blocks three. Then he needs some scrap to fix it. (requires 5 scrap/repair)

POST-JOINING CREW
However, he did set up his workshop in an empty room that's not an airlock

Of course, all of his combat gear is there for you to modify, change, and even remove if you want. (Yeah... that shield may be a little OP.)

Traits:
+=Positive
-=Negative
?=Neutral

+Sensible
+Understands a lot about engineering
+Learned hacking with relative ease
+Learns fast
-Will try and preserve his own life
-The Greed is Real (standard RPG player greed)
-Still doesn't get half of the stuff in the new world

(Storyteller, if the shield is way too op, just make it blow up in the first fight. I won't mind, I'll try to make it funny.)


Nice. Join the irc through the link in the first post so we can talk

Also. TO ALL PLAYERS

THE NEXT SESSION WILL BE TODAY (FRIDAY) TWO HOURS AFTER I POST THIS (So 19:45 in my timezone. be there!)
META_mahn
Posts: 197
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby META_mahn » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:01 pm

Hanzz wrote:
META_mahn wrote:OFFERING TO JOIN

Personal:
Name: Joey
Age:14
Timezone: Central

Okay, Fun time!

HERES THE CHAR.SHEET
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing


After being placed in one of the earliest known cryogenic stasis experiments, Edward Sugi (codename META_mahn) woke up in a Federation base. He asks for a newspaper, and instead is directed to a holo-board, where he notices about five centuries have passed by. He says he remembers being one of the original creators of the creators of the theoretical FTL drive, but over the centuries has "lost his touch" with the drive. Besides, the interface is so incredibly different he's not sure where to start.

The following is how he joins the ship, should you choose to accept.

Now, in a research station, a fire suddenly breaks out! A ship flies by, and engraved on the hull, it reads, "Bird of Prey." After being rescued, he offers to join the crew.

EQUIPMENT: He carries alot of obsolete artifacts which he placed on his bunk, such as US Dollars, a passport, a pen and paper, a cell phone, credit cards, and wrenches. (Hey, do you know what these are? I don't.) Upon being thawed, he also has found a pistol at the bottom of his cryo-tank. He modified it with items found in the Federation base, and it is now some sort of electric...gun...thing... (He says its Tesla technology, but why have I never seen it before?) Also carries this prototype handheld shield. Again, improved, blocks a few blaster shots, but it only blocks three. Then he needs some scrap to fix it. (requires 5 scrap/repair)

POST-JOINING CREW
However, he did set up his workshop in an empty room that's not an airlock

Of course, all of his combat gear is there for you to modify, change, and even remove if you want. (Yeah... that shield may be a little OP.)

Traits:
+=Positive
-=Negative
?=Neutral

+Sensible
+Understands a lot about engineering
+Learned hacking with relative ease
+Learns fast
-Will try and preserve his own life
-The Greed is Real (standard RPG player greed)
-Still doesn't get half of the stuff in the new world

(Storyteller, if the shield is way too op, just make it blow up in the first fight. I won't mind, I'll try to make it funny.)


Nice. Join the irc through the link in the first post so we can talk

Also. TO ALL PLAYERS

THE NEXT SESSION WILL BE TODAY (FRIDAY) TWO HOURS AFTER I POST THIS (So 19:45 in my timezone. be there!)

FYI: I am a student, so it kinda sucks for me because I live in central time.
Back from the dead. After a two year hiatus.
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Okay meta-man. I was afk. You could've waited. This one of the things when there isn't a session going on - Stay online, We might just be afk and you don't know...
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:41 pm

ADVICE
---
The next session is due TODAY at the usual time(27/04)
---
Also. I won't post these anymore. I will only post when there AREN'T going to be sessions and when they are going to be back
---

---- Edit ----

ADVICE
---
The next session is due TODAY at the usual time (28/04, 8:00 PM in BRT UTC-3)
---
To RandomCommander and Spiderbox --- If you don't show up today again, Another Strike will be added to your accounts, And a permanent, but randomly decided Debuff will be added in your character sheet wich will be kept until he dies or with DM consent, Otherwise its permanent
---
Last edited by Hanzz on Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Hanzz
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am
Contact:

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:59 pm


RandomCommander --- Spiderbox

Both of you have received a Strike for: Don't showing up for the sessions (Twice)


If you accumulate two strikes your character will receive permanent Debuffs
If you accumulate three strikes your character will die and you'll have to make another
If you accumulate four strikes your character will die and you can't make another without GM consent
If you accumulate five strikes you will be permanently banned from the RPG and the IRC, Including IP Checks to impede you from creating another

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests