FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG (CLOSED)

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Hanzz

FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG (CLOSED)

Postby Hanzz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:38 am

IT IS CLOSED!

I THINK I WILL LEAVE THE REST OF THE POST INTACT, BUT THE RPG IS NOW CLOSED, DUE TO INACTIVITY

Welcome to: Faster Than Light - Bird of Prey.
All sessions are 8:00 PM GMT-3( My timezone) Everyday unless it is previously cancelled by me. Registered players that don't show up for two consecutive days will receive a strike. Players that show up late will receive a strike. If you are occupied the time the session starts tell me because i might be able to rearrange the RPG Start.

You can get to the Chat via -> http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ftlrpg&uio=MTE9MjU207

Note: This is just a linking/Informative post. Most information are listed below for other Websites.

Introduction:
FTL BoP is literally. The successor of NCBFTL. After it was closed.
We this time. Made this is only 4 days, other than the 2 weeks in NCBFTL.
And ironically. It is 400% Better made.
It bases off arround FTL AE, CE and Infinite Space. Also adding many new lore points to make it nice to play.
It happens about 30 years after the Rebellion, And no. You aren't a messenger ship that is going to save the federation, Nah, You start just as an Military in this world. Roaming the space arround for adventure!

Links and Character Creation:
As told before. Almost everything is done on another website.
These are the links:

Reference Sheet:
Contains links and basic information
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iaP ... 8xCY0K3t94

Character Creation:
Contains information on how to make your character
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nLJ ... wIuZSR2gAE

Mechanics:
Contains information on the Mechanics of the RPG (Such as O2 drain)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... yXpYdTJOek

Ships:
Contains information about the Weapons, Drones, Crew and Cargo of a ship, Including the Power level and powered systems
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... NqrCItEqgI

Graphics / Images
The main ship "The Bird of Prey" --- Still a WIP
More images to come soon

Strike Information:

Strikes are my way to warn the players that they are playing wrong, And thus they also receive penalties for that.
The strikes are only reseted after one week you have received them
The penaltyes given by strikes don't reset after each week. Thus they are permanent.

Strike receiving:

You will receive a Strike when you don't show up for Two days (And one more for each day) If you don't warn that you wont be able to come first.
You will receive a Strike if you are more than thirty minutes late for a Session
You will receive two Strikes if you disrespect the DMS or swear to them
You will receive two Strikes if you break the rules told by the DM
You will receive two Strikes if you Swear to other players or direspect them
You will receive Three strikes if you demand an Exagerately overtold Lore that breaks the one we already have
You will receive Three strikes if you demand an lore/equip/bonus/dice roll to the DM (Those can be only left as requests or ideas/suggestions, If you continuously ask or demand from the DM you will receive said warnings)

Strike Penaltyes:
If you accumulate a single strike you will receive a basic Warning and the reason of the strike
If you accumulate two strikes your character will receive permanent Debuffs and a Detailed Warning
If you accumulate three strikes your character will die and you'll have to make another and a Detailed Warning
If you accumulate four strikes your character will die and you can't make another without DM consent
If you accumulate five strikes you will be permanently banned from the RPG and the IRC, Including IP Checks to impede you from creating another
Last edited by Hanzz on Thu May 21, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hanzz

Re: FTL - Bird of Prey - The Newest FTL RPG

Postby Hanzz » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:53 am

Personal-
Name: Anthony P.
Sex: Male
Timezone: GMT -3
Character-
Name: Capt. Hans Fierceheart
Appareance:
He is tall - more than average - Despite his height, Hes very thin and is quite fast too. One of his eyes has a Dark red shade and the other an Cerulean blue color, His hair is Silver-White. He usually uses an white scientists cape with an black shirt and black jeans. He also carries an sword, Despite being Tall AND thin, He has very developed muscles and is quite strong. Even having a high age. he looks likes - And acts like - He is in his twentyes, His skin is also very pale and his body temperature is lower than average.
He had accidents in the past and some of his organs are artificial - Such as his heart and kidneys.
Lore:
Hans is a Rank-A Sargeant of the Navigation and Piloting division, Being extremely proficient, he worked for the federation since he was 17 and has being a prodigy member of the federation, Also has had worked with the Pirates for over 5 Years. Once when taking mercenary work for an very infamous pirate. He had an accident with an Zoltan and happened to lost some of his organs due to the radiation - The pirate he was working for, also knows as Tuco the dread pirate, had pity for him and made him artificial organs, Since then, He left the pirates and worked with the federation, Until recently his ship, "The Swiftwolf" exploded due to an booby trap with FTL Fuel. Destroying his ship. With some of his scrap reserves. He went to the main Federation station of that sector to hire some crew and buy a new ship.
Last edited by Hanzz on Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spiderbox

Postby Spiderbox » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:31 am

Transmission start
Hello.. Hello?
ahh hello I don't know if you are still taking crew members but i would be happy to lay down my life for this adventure 

Personal
Name: Owen
Timezone EST

Character Bio:
my name is Spiderbox but my friends (the still living ones) call me Spi
Hair: Brown Shaggy with a strip of white from a encounter with a Engi converter chamber
Skin: A pale white from the same accident with the converter chamber
Eyes: A unnaturally bright hazel green, my right eye is surrounded by dark visible veins from contracting Floury Paxola as a child
height: 5,4
weight: 110 
Mental state: 6/10 on a good day

EQUIPMENT:
All i am carrying with my is my collection holobooks my holoknife and my hacking kit ( you never know when you might forget your keycode... to your friends.. neighbors..cousins ship... he-he) so don't expect me to take up much space

BACKSTORY:
i was taken in by a mantis brotherhood "Cryptosporidium" when i was abandoned by my birth parents 
but i assure you that i am 100% human

when i turned 14 i left the clan in order to follow my own path i started a gang in sector 10.9E , it was a fun run until a rival gang slaughtered my crew

after that i cleaned up my act (mostly) and i am a paleontologist of alien species
i have a large possession of Zoltan holobooks containing many discovered ancient species of alien origin

i want to explore even more of the universe after my ship "the Cryptospore" was destroyed by a engi tanker whose core engine matrix "somehow" made its way into my cargo hold

i may have also racked up a bounty in sector 3.64D a couple years ago but i swear that the slug deserved it! but we might still want to stear clear of that nebula

I dislike using blasters going for a more primitive hand to hand approach with a Q grade holoknife i picked up from a Mantis gang lord in sector 67.13D

if i were to be placed on a chart i would read chaotic neutral
if you're hanging from a cliff i will help you up.
but don't expect me to jump in front of a stray plasma round to save your life

My traits are:
-------------------
+=Positive
-=Negative
-------------------
+ i am strong willed ,don't expect me to break down under pressure

-i will take a chance at anything that i think will get me a little bit more $$

+it takes a while to befriend the crew of any ship but when i do i forge a bond stronger than family

+i can speak multiple languages

+ my hacking and code braking skills are unmatched

+A large amount of scientific knowledge (Paleontology)&(History)

- Mental State is questionable after watching my gang members tortured and killed by the rival gang looking for me i blame myself for their deaths

- i have a deep hatred towards there killer a zoltan named Floyd, so if i meet a zoltan i will be VERY suspisious

I was making my way to sector 5:72X when i got your transmission ill meet you at the federation outpost

SEE YA THERE
**Transmission ended
Last edited by Spiderbox on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Troyramsay123

Postby Troyramsay123 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:11 pm

Name: Troy Ramsay
Timezone: UTC +12
Character-
Name: Dale
Appareance: He is thin, tall, brown haired, and not very handsome. He is also a very fast runner (Thanks to long legs), He does not appear to be very muscled, but is very strong nevertheless, he has a short, scruffy bead and slightly curled hair.
Lore: Dale had always been, well, quite a depressive. People had always called him a freak, because of his "Disgusting" Combination of long legs and ugly face. That's probably why he'd learned to run so good. To make matters even worse, he was a total geek as well, always straight A's. The moment he had an offer to leave his hell of a school, he'd grabbed it and clung tight, he also hopes that maybe, somebody might actually like him.
Last edited by Troyramsay123 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Troyramsay123 wrote:Name: Troy Ramsay
Timezone:
Character-
Name: Dale
Appareance: He is thin, tall, brown haired, and not very handsome. He is also a very fast runner (Thanks to long legs), He does not appear to be very muscled, but is very strong nevertheless, he has a short, scruffy bead and slightly curled hair.
Lore: Dale had always been, well, quite a depressive. People had always called him a freak, because of his "Disgusting" Combination of long legs and ugly face. That's probably why he'd learned to run so good. To make matters even worse, he was a total geek as well, always straight A's. The moment he had an offer to leave his hell of a school, he'd grabbed it and clung tight, he also hopes that maybe, somebody might actually like him.

If you want to get your character built ahead of time, I'm on the irc- click here: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ftlrpg&uio=MTE9MjU207#
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:26 pm

Spiderbox wrote:My traits are:
-------------------
+=Positive
-=Negative
-------------------
+ i am strong willed ,don't expect me to break down under pressure

-i will take a chance at anything that i think will get me a little bit more $$

+it takes a while to befriend the crew of any ship but when i do i forge a bond stronger than family

+i can speak multiple languages

+ my hacking and code braking skills are unmatched

+A large amount of scientific knowledge (Paleontology)&(History)

- Mental State is questionable after watching my gang members tortured and killed by the rival gang looking for me i blame myself for their deaths

- i have a deep hatred towards there killer a zoltan named Floyd, so if i meet a zoltan i will be VERY suspisious

Interesting stuff, Spiderbox. Please talk with me on the channel about making your character: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=ftlrpg&uio=MTE9MjU207#
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:14 pm

DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IS TODAY?
TODAY IS THE DAY BEFORE TOMORROW!
AND DO YOU KNOW WHAT DAY IS TOMORROW?
TOMORROW THE RPG TEST-DRIVE SESSION STARTS!
WOOOO!
SO HEY PLAYERS, I'M WRITING THIS ALL CAPS BECAUSE IM VERY EXCITED.
SO PLEASE. SO THAT WE START TOMORROW. JOIN THE IRC TODAY (Friday) SO THAT WE CAN START TOMORROW!
WE NEED TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR CHARACTER SHEETS AND SKILLS AND STUFF. SO PLEASE DO JOIN TODAY SO THAT WE DONT HAVE TO START SUNDAY :D
Spiderbox

Postby Spiderbox » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Hey, Spiderbox here im sorry for having to cutoff our thing on Saterday and not being able to come on Sunday i had lost power at my house and we JUST got it back my apologies for any problems it may have caused
Hanzz

Seriously?

Postby Hanzz » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:30 am

Seriously guys?

Okay. I can perdon you all about Sunday...
But Monday too?
I dedicating my Time and my Attention to this RPG. If you could atleast join. Or give a simple warning that you will not come i'd be grateful.

So thats all i have to say.

Please join when you can or leave a warning when you cant.

The time of the sessions is 9:00 PM GMT -3. Use an conversor so you know what time it is for you.
Spiderbox

Re: Seriously?

Postby Spiderbox » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:13 pm

Hanzz wrote:Seriously guys?

Okay. I can perdon you all about Sunday...
But Monday too?
I dedicating my Time and my Attention to this RPG. If you could atleast join. Or give a simple warning that you will not come i'd be grateful.

So thats all i have to say.

Please join when you can or leave a warning when you cant.

The time of the sessions is 9:00 PM GMT -3. Use an conversor so you know what time it is for you.

i know i know it was completly against what i stand for when i didet join. i am sorry i will be able to join today no questions asked this will never happen again on Monday my track meet ran late