Changed topics - Go to FTL - Bird of prey

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
Hanzz

Re: NCBFTL - FTL Roleplaying - Rebuild!

Postby Hanzz » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:19 pm

jeffg10 wrote:hmmm, this seems exciting. i did not know we where bringing it back. are we starting fresh? (the best option in my opinion due to the previous sessions, chars. that are gone and AE) if so should i make a new char?

P.S. i think you might want to add defence and age restrictions for the new race in AE to the rulebook :)
or i will play harstan-fan-tan the 1,000,000 yr old lanius. (jk)

-Edit- did some research into the lore and the lanius have been around as long if not longer than the crystal men, so keep that in mind.
also i noticed another thing in the lore, lanius have a VERY hard time talking to any creature as they are so old that little to no translations exist for their language so that could spice up roleplay abit. and the fact that other people in the same room need to wear rebreathers so they don't die and that lanius only eat metal so you would need separate rations (perhaps scrap?) and that lanius can reform metal with their own body (since they are made of metal)

Haha! The blog right. Well thats going to be completely reformulated as i said - But i will need help of the players. I want a very nice Player-Driven RPG where everybody gets their opinion to make the RPG nice to play for everyone. and sorry for my inactivity im having some problems here at home but i expect the RPG to start at the end of May or Middle of June (Vacations!)
Also as i told previously. I have my FTL since an long time given by a friend and at that time i didnt know it was a Pirated version. Unluckily i think i might not have access to the Adv. Edition features and will be stuck to the old version stuff until i can buy FTL. Wich wont be anytime soon. So i'll need an Sub-GM that has access to AE that can help me write the lore and stuff!
Spiderbox

Re: NCBFTL - FTL Roleplaying - Rebuild! Character Submission

Postby Spiderbox » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:35 am

Omg thank you so much for the chance to join your crew :D
i do have a question what is the date and time we will start at so i can plan ahead and clear my schedule :ugeek:
i use EST
Last edited by Spiderbox on Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spiderbox

Re: NCBFTL - FTL Roleplaying - Rebuild! Character Submission

Postby Spiderbox » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:38 am

Also i was wondering how is role-playing aspect going to affect the game play
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:08 am

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I seem our RPG has come active!
The sessions will start on GMT 20:00 OR EST 15:00. If you need to change your schedules tell me so i can update it.
Im also in need of a Sub-GM that will help me write the lore! If you're interested join #FTLRPG through IRC (I Reccomend ClicksAndWhistles to join. Otherwise use the Quakenet online IRC and join it) thats also where we'll play.
I'll start working on the new stuff NOW and i need a Sub-GM as quick as possible. That can do Spriting. Lore writing and decent GM'ing to help me.
If possible we'll start about Wednesday or Friday. If everything goes nice of course.
So yah!
Also. Since it'll take time to redo the Rules. I'd like you all to join the IRC channel to do your Forms. So it will be more interactive and i can correct the errors instanteaneously.
Cya!
-Capt. Hans from Aldebaran Vyx 9
Spiderbox

Postby Spiderbox » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:37 am

Hanzz wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
The sessions will start on GMT 20:00 OR EST 15:00. If you need to change your schedules tell me so i can update it.
Im also in need of a Sub-GM that will help me write the lore! If you're interested join #FTLRPG though
IRC (I Reccomend ClicksAndWhistles to join. Otherwise use the Quakenet online IRC and join it) thats also where we'll play.
I'll start working on the new stuff NOW and i need a Sub-GM as quick as possible. That can do Spriting. Lore writing and decent GM'ing to help me.
If possible we'll start about Wednesday or Friday. If everything goes nice of course.
So yah!
Also. Since it'll take time to redo the Rules. I'd like you all to join the IRC channel to do your Forms. So it will be more interactive and i can correct the errors instanteaneously.
Cya!

Hey i am sorry but my school time runs untill 3:30 EST and i have a track team that runs untill 5:00-5:10 so this is alot to ask i know sry
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:56 pm

Spiderbox wrote:
Im also in need of a Sub-GM that will help me write the lore! If you're interested join #FTLRPG though
IRC (I Reccomend ClicksAndWhistles to join. Otherwise use the Quakenet online IRC and join it) thats also where we'll play.
So yah!
Cya!

Hey i am sorry but my school time runs untill 3:30 EST and i have a track team that runs untill 5:00-5:10 so this is alot to ask i know sry

Well... Just try to log in when possible and i'll be able to fix everything. But i'll need all players on the IRC Channel... otherwise i cant calculate
Spiderbox

Postby Spiderbox » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:26 pm

Hanzz wrote:
Spiderbox wrote:
So yah!
Cya!

Well... Just try to log in when possible and i'll be able to fix everything. But i'll need all players on the IRC Channel... otherwise i cant calculate

OK,i will honestly try my best to jump on as many times as i can, this is gonna be everyday correct?
And i was wondering how are you going to incoperate the RP aspect into this?

also here is Spiderbox idea blurting time
it might be kind of cool that after each session each crew member could write their own log
and we could post those logs giving a view of events from each person so it gets more in dept if someone wants to follow just one character and allowing for a expansion of back story and lore
so maybe two crew members get into a skirmish there would be two logs from both points of view

maybe even engi characters write there logs in binary making the readers go and decode it

i dunno i just thought of it before i went to bed last night hope you think its cool
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:33 pm

I'm the GM of NCBFTL. If you have questions, I'll be on #ftlrpg on Quakenet most of the time.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:20 pm

Im also in need of a Sub-GM that will help me write the lore! If you're interested join #FTLRPG through IRC (I Reccomend ClicksAndWhistles to join. Otherwise use the Quakenet online IRC and join it) thats also where we'll play.
So yah!
Cya!

like you said i have ftl AE and CE so i can help you Sub-GM if you would like, i can also make some rather good events if i'm given some time to flush them out and make them balanced and pleasing to read, also i can do this:
http://imgur.com/pX30o3T http://imgur.com/l56dogp http://imgur.com/kO1JDWO
and also make planet and city maps (2d cross sections like normal FTL) but i don't know if you have much of a use for those. also the time frame seems good i just may be 5 - 10 minutes late to each session as school gets out at 3:00pm CST (the same time the game starts for me)
Hanzz

Postby Hanzz » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:47 am

jeffg10 wrote:
So yah!
Cya!

like you said i have ftl AE and CE so i can help you Sub-GM if you would like, i can also make some rather good events if i'm given some time to flush them out and make them balanced and pleasing to read, also i can do this:
http://imgur.com/pX30o3T http://imgur.com/l56dogp http://imgur.com/kO1JDWO
and also make planet and city maps (2d cross sections like normal FTL) but i don't know if you have much of a use for those. also the time frame seems good i just may be 5 - 10 minutes late to each session as school gets out at 3:00pm CST (the same time the game starts for me)

We'll have 2 GM's (Me and Narwhal) and 1 Sub-GM for all those other stuff.
And also 5 players if possible.
also i'll be deleting this post and making a new one. so this will be kinda a old one. I'm already writing it!
So yah you where also a GM of our old: NcBFTL - Complete Overhaul but we had some troubles back then. But i'll allow. Just remember: Inactivity or Rule-Breaking causes the removal of your title.
Cya!