A Facedesk Moment

Have a great FTL experience you would like to share? Post here!
FTLChangeMahLife

A Facedesk Moment

Postby FTLChangeMahLife » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:42 pm

I was finally at the boss after a multiple hour long FTL run with Rock B. For weapons I had a fire bomb, Scythe Beam (Mod, basically like a Pike beam), Pegasus, and Advanced Effector (Mod too, kinda like a 2 ion damage bomb, but doesn't consume missiles) all powered. I had a teleporter with two maxed out combat rocks, 5 shield bars (Yet another mod) and almost max engines. I was on phase 2 of the boss and I simply couldn't get his shields down so I could use my beam to wreak havoc. After a long time of wasting missiles and blocking incoming attacks, I decided to jump away, get my bearings, switch out my loadout, and come back. Once I jumped away, my Rock Beatdown Squad destroyed the now inert boarding drone.

FTL Crashed. :cry:
ArmedKevin117

Re: A Facedesk Moment

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:47 am

I'm guessing you got the 5 shields from Advanced Battle Systems. I've seen a lot of crashes while playing with that mod.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:59 am

Rock B is a funny ship...

It is a fire boarding ship that is missing the boarding part...

Did you know the Rock B was meant to have a heavy pierce 1, fire bomb, AND a small bomb?
but someone decided to make the weapon count 2 instead of 3, you can even still see in the blueprints the small bomb. and, when mods interfere or your game kind of bugs out, your heavy pierce can be replaced by it at times.

Anyway that is a bad game, CE is a pretty fun mod, the crash may have came from experimental stuff from that as well, I still remember a time where that mod try to mix and match random weapons randomly. Didn't work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Kazuya07

Postby Kazuya07 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:13 am

Ouch. Trolled HARD... The arrival of the Rebel fleet can regenerate the beacon. Terrible luck. A similar thing can happen if you try to avoid enemy ship, but one spawns via an event at an "empty" beacon. Makes you want to toss your LR Sensors into a nearby sun...