WERE IS IT... the weapon

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Targetstar

WERE IS IT... the weapon

Postby Targetstar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm

Well, i was flying out in my Redtail, when a black merchant came up to me and ask if we would like to buy his wep... so i decided to bored it. but upon capturing the ship i couldn't not get the weapon... should i suppose to get it >.>
Gus Smedstad

Re: WERE IS IT... the weapon

Postby Gus Smedstad » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:59 pm

No. As far as I can tell, the "Black Market Arms Dealer" never actually sells you a weapon. If you pay the 65 scrap, he takes it and tells you that you're a chump.
Ashenai

Postby Ashenai » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:24 pm

He sold me a Glaive Beam once (for 65 scrap.) So it can be worth it, it just usually isn't.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:54 pm

The encounter text leads the player to belive that capturing the ship will get a random weapon for free. The text should be different. After a few plays of FTL i would never belive it though. Just isnt that type of game :roll:
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:05 am

If you meant the event "A black market weapons trader spins you a tale of the dangers of the nebula before pushing his wares." for 65 scrap, there is 50% chance that you'll get random weapon and 50% chance that you get scammed.
Attacking him is just a usual battle. Once you choose battle, there is no coming back to the unknown weapon (nor getting your 65 scrap back).
IMHO it's clear that attacking him won't give anything special.

This is how most events work. You either chose the "event" way or "just another battle" way.
(unless the event specifically says that the enemy is guarding or attacking some other ship/station/planet)
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!