Loss of Cabin Pressure Achievement

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
cuthawolf

Loss of Cabin Pressure Achievement

Postby cuthawolf » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:00 am

Maybe I'm missing something -really- obvious, but I cannot get this achievement. I'm pretty sure I've made it to the last sector without my oxygen levels rising about 14% even once.

Is there something I'm not doing?
Teoes

Re: Loss of Cabin Pressure Achievement

Postby Teoes » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:54 am

I've struggled with it too. Had to abandon a couple of runs where a hacking drone sealed a room and brought my O2 levels too high; I was convinced I avoided this in my last run though as I think I never got hacked and only had the pilot chamber sealed. I picked up a free Zoltan crewmember early on and the poor thing spent the whole game corpse-running from the Clone Bay to his station. With only 1 room pressurised I was sure net levels never exceeded 6-8% but still no achievement.

Oh well, I guess the only way to make really sure is to do a run with every single door open from the start and the O2 systems switched off?
hybridfive

Postby hybridfive » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:53 pm

OP: 14% is pretty high. You should be running at <10% to give yourself some leeway. The cockpit is, IIRC, 6 or 7%. Ideally you just have your human there, although if you get +2 crew it gets a little more difficult.

Teoes: If a boarding drone seals a room, just turn off 02 for the duration of the seal. But yes, running with the doors open except for the cockpit is the best way to do it. The doors aren't really doing anything for you anyway.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 pm

Question: Are you modding the game?

I have a theory about mods that alter the starting event causing problems. I know I failed to get this achievement when I tried to use a mod solely for the purpose of unlocking ships. Luckily, the mod allowed me to get the other two achievements, so I did unlock the type B anyways.

edit: Developer has just reported a cause for failure. I experienced two shutdowns from overheating while I was doing my unlock runs. I don't recall if one of them was during my Lanius run. Perhaps my theory is wrong.
Zaisher

Postby Zaisher » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:22 pm

just turn off oxygen and only use lanius
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:10 pm

You have to not save & quit the game during your run. I wish I had read that thread before I spent fruitless runs trying to unlock the Lanius B, but the thread title was too vague.