What's your favourite Weapon/System/Sub-System?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Flair

Re: What's your favourite Weapon/System/Sub-System?

Postby Flair » Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:30 pm

Umm, techncally not a valid answer but I'm gonna say it anyway.

Weapons Pre-Igniter.

Yeah, ok, its an augment not a weapon/system/sub but BAH. It leads to some hillariously lol opening. My last game I had it tagged up with Glaive Beam and Breech Cannon (Or Breech something. 1 shot 4 dam missle with 22cd.) That was pretty damn disgusting until the missle decided it didnt want to hit the Rebel Flagship. 4 misses in a row made me a very sad panda.
splatterk

Postby splatterk » Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:14 pm

Mugenjin wrote:I reeally like the Halberd Beam since it goes through 1 shield if it needs to and has awesome damage.

Hello, my name is Glaive beam, my little cousin Halberd isn't bad, but if you want to feel like a man, use ME, level 2 shields, bah whatever, I jsut deal one damge, but hey, I pierce LEVEL 2 SHIELDS, did I mention i pierce level two shields, dela 2 damage to 1 shield and deal 3 damage to no shields?
Kaerius

Postby Kaerius » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 pm

For me, it's a tossup between Glaive Beam, and Ion Blaster 2, both are awesome. They even work great together.

I'll definitely keep fire bombs next time I see them... that seems decent, especially if I'm on the engi ship and thus have Ion Blaster 2.
TheAzryte

Postby TheAzryte » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Favourite system? The Basilisk's 4-pad teleporter, makes short work off the boss (Also the fed cruiser's arty beam when at three or four bars). Subsystem? Maxed out doors + no air + a couple of mantis boarders = quality entertainment. Weapon? Breach bomb mark II that got me close to taking out the boss, though the zoltan shield made it useless :/
Personal fleet: Kestrel A & B, Engi A&B, Stealth A, Mantis A&B, Federation A&B, Slug A, Rock A, Zoltan A&B and Unidentified A.

GDM
Tridus

Postby Tridus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 pm

I have a profound fondness for Breach Bombs. The bypass all defenses except evasion, they can be fired quickly, and Mark II does 3 damage which is enough to knock 2 shields down temporarily and let my dear friend the Glaive beam to do its thing. Paired up with a heavy ion blaster for fun times. That triple strike combination just scored my first victory. :D

Also fun to drop on the O2 room if you want to suffocate a ship, particularly if you get a breach.

I also like Defense 1 drones, and Hull Repair drones. Defense 2 is nice but too power intensive for my tastes.
4lge

Postby 4lge » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 am

I'm fairly impressed of the effectiveness of Ion Weapons. Especially a pair of Ion Blast 1 in combination with devasting weaponry like a pair of Hull Smasher Lasers or maybe a Glaive Beam.. Delicious Devastation.

Cloak is pretty neat. Push the button and say goodbye, just to surprise moments after and gift them with presumably astonishing hot weapons :twisted:
Though Shield doesn't get as much credit as it owes.

Finally, my favourite Sub-System has to be the Cockpit. Evasion can be very useful later on, and a good pilot will not only allow for the full potential, but will also add a substantial amount, too! But I hardly invest in Auto-Pilot, rather invest these in Blast Doors.
HelloLion

Postby HelloLion » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:27 am

Teleporter all the way. While it's gotten me in trouble a few times, boarding has been overall my best strategy to dealing with tricky or otherwise unwinnable situations.
vontasben

Postby vontasben » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:02 am

Drone Recovery Arm is awesome.

Almost completely removes the scrap cost of drones (and they are expensive) making the "do I launch 1 drone or two" decision really easy. Launch everything, take less damage, recover drones, move on.
Sisaroth

Postby Sisaroth » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:17 am

2 mantis + teleporter for me.

I have never had a glaive beam though, that thing sounds awesome.
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Breach Bombs and Missiles, though if I have to choose, I'll pick bombs because they can't be shot down by defense drones (which really is needed for the second phase of the boss). They're great for damaging systems simply because they have to repair the breach before starting in on the system.