Rules of the Game

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
keiju

Rules of the Game

Postby keiju » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:48 pm

Hi everyone!

I would like to know how the rebel fleet advancement rules work. If I stay in a system for a lot of time the fleet advances or only when I jump? Thanks!

Is there any kind of rules or basic guide for this game? No a tip guide, a rulebook of sorts.
curithwin

Re: Rules of the Game

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:58 pm

Rebel jumping seems to happen in a turn based way not in real time. If I am wrong then staying off pause for 15 minutes the other day means the rebels must have been lost. ;)
keiju

Postby keiju » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks!

If that´s the case you can always repair full before jumping so perhaps an auto-repair to make it faster would be nice. It´s just a matter of spending time so...

Thanks again!
Itsapaul

Postby Itsapaul » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

On a similar note, is the rebel fleet always reset when you jump to a new system? I'm thinking it is so there's no reason to rush, but I haven't really tried to see either way.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:36 pm

What I have seen they are rest. You seem to get 3 or 4 moves before they appear.
ice

Postby ice » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:28 pm

The rebel fleet only advance when you jump, giving you as much time as you ever want to heal up and repair everything. Just watch out for solar flares and asteroids!

And yes, it resets in a new sector, so make sure to visit as many beacons as you can in each sector, to ensure maximum scrap gain!
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?