FTL Jammer or Reverse Ion Field?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Space Walrus

FTL Jammer or Reverse Ion Field?

Postby Space Walrus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:44 pm

Title says it all. Should i get a FTL Jammer or Reverse Ion Field? Right now I have the reverse ion field(used my rockman to extiguish fires on a space station, and they offer to give me an FTl jammer). Problem is, I already have the Zoltan shields, and a Damaged Stasis Pod, and I want both of those, leaving only one thing I might not want - the reverse ion field.
Space Walrus

Re: FTL Jammer or Reverse Ion Field?

Postby Space Walrus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:57 pm

No one? :cry:
Space Walrus

Postby Space Walrus » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:00 pm

*sigh* I'll just keep the reverse ion field.

/closed\
GoldenShadowGS

Postby GoldenShadowGS » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:59 pm

the ftl jammer is only useful to slow down escaping ships. I don't think it will be as helpful.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:02 pm

The FTL jammer is only good to stop vessels (other than the main boss) from getting away, and the ones that tend to run are the rebels. Other races and pirates tend not to run, but they can.

The Reverse Ion Field is great against Engi vessels or some rebel auto scout, but I tend to find teh Boss misses with all his Ion weapons if you have 3/4 to full engines powered up.

Out of the two I would go for the Reverse Ion Field.

But if you could get a Advanced FTL Engine that is EXCELLENT for teh end boos area!