Maxed Reactor [HELP]

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Rocketman

Maxed Reactor [HELP]

Postby Rocketman » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:37 pm

I am playing the Osprey, and have saved just after arriving at the last stand. I have been gathering scrap for 2 sectors without knowing what to do with it. I already have maxed reactors, no zoltan, and all my power bars are in use. However, I have over 500 scrap with which I can buy whatever I want. I suppose I can max piloting, doors, and sensors, but what then? I only have 3 shield layers, but my engines are so high level I have 51% evade. No weapons to speak of, just the single Mk II Burst Laser I started with. Level 4 drones with one Mk II Defense. Level 1 teleporters with 1 rockman, 1 mantis boarders (both combat skill max) and maxed crew at all other ship stations. I kind of screwed myself over in this playthrough, but if anyone has some insight as to how I can salvage the situation, I'm all ears.

UPDATE: I did upgrade my teleporter to level 3 and eventually succeeded by taking out their weapons and using my ridiculously high evade + Defense Drone Mk II to turtle through early attacks and power surges in stage 3, and slowly killing the boss with arty beam. I think I had something like 5 health left by the end.
Last edited by Rocketman on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rocketman

Re: Maxed Reactor [HELP]

Postby Rocketman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:32 am

Bump
966socho

Postby 966socho » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:49 am

Your best chance right now is to get Level 3 tele and get all of your crew over there and kill the crew. Normally, with ~6 shots of laser, you can kill the crew with only two of yours. Since you can't, you can try to kill them as they run for their medbay on low health. Remember to break the Door Control while distracting them with fighters in a more important system. It takes a lot of micro though, so you might not be able to do it on your first try.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 am

One tip: Fight them far from the medbay (Say, in drones) with your rockman and some humans. Put your mantis and some more humans in the hallways between drones and the medbay. They'll attack the wounded guys as they run by and usually you can kill 'em. IF your rockman doesn't die first :)

Of course, spend the time early taking out the missiles, ions, and beam so you can concentrate on the boarding. This is by no means an easy task but it IS doable.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:13 am

Osprey? Hunker down and let the Arty go to work!