Engi B, can I win with this setup?

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Fadedsun

Engi B, can I win with this setup?

Postby Fadedsun » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:04 pm

Hello forum goers! I'm recently new to the boards, but not to FTL. I'm finally trying my hand at a run on normal with the Engi B ship, and after numerous failures I've finally reached a comfortable point, but I don't know if I'll be able to defeat the rebel flagship. I believe I'm on Sector 6 right now. I'm really hoping to find an Anti-Ship I by the time I reach the end, but for right now I can safely disable 4 levels of shields. I'm entertaining the idea of scooping up a crew teleporter since I just got a mantis on my ship, but not sure if I really should. What do you guys think? Do I stand a chance?

Fadedsun

Re: Engi B, can I win with this setup?

Postby Fadedsun » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 am

Well, I guess I can. Not a chance! My first win the Engi B!

Cragspyder

Postby Cragspyder » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:30 am

Grats! It's a very difficult setup to win with; even more amazing that you say it is your first win ever! Or do you mean just with the Engi B.

Either way, well done!
Fadedsun

Postby Fadedsun » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 am

It was just with the Engi B, which, I think is my greatest accomplishment in the game so far. I've won with the Stealth Cruiser as well, but I feel it was slightly easier with the addition of cloaking, though no easy task to get a good run going.