[Spoiler] FTL Profile/SavedGame Editor v27 (2018-01-12)

All your guides, strategy discussions, request for help on how to play go here. Please use [SPOILER] if relevant.
Jammarson02

Re: [Spoiler] FTL Editor v22 - Unlock ships, Edit SavedGames

Postby Jammarson02 » Sat May 03, 2014 5:22 pm

Vhait, Thank you for all your hard work on this !

Question for anyone, Is there anyway to get the rebal fleet off our butts in this version ?
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sat May 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Jammarson02 wrote:Is there anyway to get the rebel fleet off our butts in this version ?

General tab. Rebel Pursuit Mod. Or Rebel Fleet Fudge. Or Rebel Fleet Offset.

• Mod messes with the thickness of the warning zone, according to my notes. Hiring a merc distraction in-game sets it to -2.
  • Offset is a big negative number of pixels (-900 to -500 depending on the sector) that approaches zero as you travel, causing the fleet to approach the right edge of the map, covering everything. The tooltip about typical values being -n*25 is no longer relevant in AE.
  • Fudge is a random constant each sector that adds to the offset, giving the fleet a head-start/delay by X pixels for variety.

In other news, I won't get anything done for a few days.

My CPU kept overheating and cutting power, so I figured I'd reapply thermal grease. No big deal...
And then the heat sink's spidery plastic clip snapped as I pulled the lever to reattach it to the motherboard. :o

It's an ancient stock Socket 478 Pentium4 heat sink, which apparently nobody has anymore.
A local brick and mortar repair place sold me a different-model replacement that wouldn't fit, and insisted that I bring the whole PC so they can charge labor to try whatever else they've got. Then the tech stonewalled when I asked where I might buy the original online.

I did eventually find one eBay seller. Worringly, the description said Socket 370, but the pictures were identical, down to the model number on the fan.
Five days was the shipping estimate. :cry:
Ruptga

Postby Ruptga » Sun May 04, 2014 2:31 am

Socket 478, I haven't seen one of those in a long time. Maybe you should set up something so you can accept donations; I bet you're popular enough that it would allow you to upgrade to something less than ten years old.
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun May 04, 2014 3:29 am

Ruptga wrote:Maybe you should set up something so you can accept donations; I bet you're popular enough that it would allow you to upgrade to something less than ten years old.

It's in the first post, right next to Downloads, since this thread started iirc.
Same with the Slipstream thread.

I think only 4 people ever clicked it. :|

Donations

I can accept PayPal donations via SourceForge, or arrange something via PM, if you feel inclined.
That would be fantastic.
Ruptga

Postby Ruptga » Sun May 04, 2014 6:42 am

oh, derp. Apparently your font is too small, or something... :?
TheHoodedTeddy13

Postby TheHoodedTeddy13 » Sun May 04, 2014 2:50 pm

Jammarson02 wrote:Vhati, Thank you for all your hard work on this !

Question for anyone, Is there anyway to get the rebel fleet off our butts in this version ?

Yes, thank you. Also Vhati, when you re-implement the rebel fleet checkbox, please make the label be "[ ] Get the rebel fleet of your @$$"

And another thing, I think I have an idea on how to advertise this. I'll post it to reddit (hopefully) within a few days.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Sun May 04, 2014 10:54 pm

V! i may have just found something BIG
so i was doing some testing and i found out that if you load a homeworld.sav (from the out of date FTL homeworld tool) it works as a clean slate, allowing you to edit ships, crew, exc. in AE the only problem i have found is that i can't seem to find a way to toggle AE so it will be on when you load the ship (and it's a 1 time thing after you load it up you can't do it again) once you are done editing it you rename homeworld.sav to continue.sav and put it where the normal save is and it loads up with out crashing (given you don't load up a AE exclusive ship since it toggles AE to being off)
ill do some more testing to see if i can find a way to toggle AE and if i can then this may be a huge discovery
Vhati

Postby Vhati » Sun May 04, 2014 11:56 pm

jeffg10 wrote:i found out that if you load a homeworld.sav (from the out of date FTL homeworld tool) it works as a clean slate, allowing you to edit ships, crew, exc. in AE.

FTL 1.01-1.03.3 had "prof.sav" and "continue.sav" (old format).
FTL 1.5.4+ has "ae_prof.sav" and "continue.sav" (new format).

FTL:AE can read the old profile and saved game format, to migrate progress presuming you recently upgraded. This also comes in handy to compare how the formats have changed, since it provides a old/new views of the same situation.

The editor can modify everything on the old "continue.sav" files, such as the one from Homeworld.
The editor can only modify some things in new "continue.sav" files.
There is currently no way to un-migrate a new one into an old one.

jeffg10 wrote:i can't seem to find a way to toggle AE

The old format has no place for that T/F value. So the editor won't save it. Anachronistic fields like that are not disabled in the GUI (yet?) to indicate their irrelevance.

* (Okay the unknown Zeus stuff gets disabled, but that was a sideeffect of some debugging I was doing)

What you CAN do, is edit the old game, resume in FTL and quit immediately just to convert it to the new format, then edit the game again to enable AE content.

That said, I'm curious what happened when you tried to add AE-specific blueprints/races to a save where AE content is disabled (or turned AE content off mid-game). I never got around to trying that. Always crash? Been wondering if I need to add safeguards in the tool to deal with that. The groundwork is in place for the DLC double-standard, but at the moment, the editor always presents possible choices as if AE content were on.
jeffg10

Postby jeffg10 » Mon May 05, 2014 12:50 am

Vhati wrote:
jeffg10 wrote:i found out that if you load a homeworld.sav (from the out of date FTL homeworld tool) it works as a clean slate, allowing you to edit ships, crew, exc. in AE.

FTL 1.01-1.03.3 had "prof.sav" and "continue.sav" (old format).
FTL 1.5.4+ has "ae_prof.sav" and "continue.sav" (new format).

FTL:AE can read the old profile and saved game format, to migrate progress presuming you recently upgraded. This also comes in handy to compare how the formats have changed, since it provides a old/new views of the same situation.

The editor can modify everything on the old "continue.sav" files, such as the one from Homeworld.
The editor can only modify some things in new "continue.sav" files.
There is currently no way to un-migrate a new one into an old one.

jeffg10 wrote:i can't seem to find a way to toggle AE

The old format has no place for that T/F value. So the editor won't save it. Anachronistic fields like that are not disabled in the GUI (yet?) to indicate their irrelevance.

* (Okay the unknown Zeus stuff gets disabled, but that was a sideeffect of some debugging I was doing)

What you CAN do, is edit the old game, resume in FTL and quit immediately just to convert it to the new format, then edit the game again to enable AE content.

That said, I'm curious what happened when you tried to add AE-specific blueprints/races to a save where AE content is disabled (or turned AE content off mid-game). I never got around to trying that. Always crash? Been wondering if I need to add safeguards in the tool to deal with that. The groundwork is in place for the DLC double-standard, but at the moment, the editor always presents possible choices as if AE content were on.

AE ships instantly crash, but systems seem to load however most don't work, like you can't click the button for hacking (still don't know if cloning works in a non-AE environment as none of my crew died that run.) but i do like your solution for AE content, and will try that hope i helped in some way V :)
Zen

Postby Zen » Mon May 05, 2014 10:04 am

Vhati, again, thank you a lot!

A quick question if I may: how could I unlock the 'Quest' and 'Victory', per ship? I want to unlock some of the quest and victory things because, well, I've done a clumsy, clumsy action and I really don't have the patience to do them over again.

Initially, I thought I have to stumble at the Stats to edit them but it doesn't look like I could do much there.