Hi! Just an introduction

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
I_am_person

Hi! Just an introduction

Postby I_am_person » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:37 pm

I'm not sure if Discussion is the right place to do this so I put it here but anyway I just made an account here and just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. To be absolutely honest I didn't know this game was still alive(unless of course those fifty members are all bots) or relevant, even, until a friend was like, "hey check this game out" and showed me one of his Engi runs he recorded. Then I showed him my hanger after I reinstalled the game and he shut up after that.

Anyway, I'm new to THIS forum but not new to fan bases or forums for sure. I was also wondering whether if there was an appropriate place to post some fan lore(fan fiction, if that's what you fancy) because playing again after being in a role play for another game, I had some ideas for continuations for the small snippets of lore presented. Thank you.
stylesrj

Re: Hi! Just an introduction

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:49 pm

Welcome to the forums. Fanfiction can go into Stories & Storytelling.

The FTL community may be small but we're still alive and we're making mods and finding new ways to tweak the game and bypass restrictions within.
dyno101

Postby dyno101 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:03 am

Welcome! Yes, come along. Glad to see you enjoy the game. Lore can go into stories and storytelling. In fact, this forum is a generally good place to talk anything FTL - General game and strategy discussion goes in... well, discussion. You can talk about shiny new indie games in the indie games section, or grab or distribute a mod for FTL in the mods section. There's lots of mods to try, so seriously go try a few. There's also a section monitored by the developers of FTL for reporting and working to fix bugs- just be ready to tell then your OS, computer aspects, and so on.
"There isn't good or bad. There's just insane."
"Blamsauce!"
Josep

Postby Josep » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:00 am

Hey all,
I was searching for an introductory forum. I think I can introduce myself here. I'm Joseph Venne from Canada. I'm a newbie here. Glad to meet you all here. Hoping to spend a great time over here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:29 am

Newbies tend not to post links to recycling websites though in their first few posts, although tying it together with FTL makes you more creative. But to me it makes me think you're some sort of spambot. So, please don't be :P