LEGO FTL is officially declined.

Talk about anything non-FTL related here.
CrashSanders

LEGO FTL is officially declined.

Postby CrashSanders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:44 pm

So Lego CUUSOO team has contacted me and they've told me that our project, that you have voted for, and me, and my comrade Glen made and maintained, and our dear Devs has supported, is declined. They have right not to disclose the reason why they made this decision. So sorry for those who waited, folks! It's not gonna happen. At least officially. I might not seize attempts to spread the wealth with you. Maybe I will be selling instructions - who knows? For now, we must grieve for some time. But not too long.

Thank you all for being with us all that time! You are greatest community a project maker could wish for! I wish you Faster Than Light speed!
PatchworkAndCo

Re: LEGO FTL is officially declined.

Postby PatchworkAndCo » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:33 pm

Real shame, I'm a massive Lego fan so I was quite looking forward to it. Congratulations on making it so far though! I've always loved microscale ships, so it's sad that Lego turned the project down... In fact, I wonder why they did? Perhaps, despite FTL's immense popularity on kickstarter and in general, Lego deemed it too obscure or something. Oh well, they're still fantastically designed models. :)
petelectro

Postby petelectro » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:44 am

Too bad :/
Although based on the past released projects it was kinda obvious that they wouldn't produce a set on a rather "small" indie game (in contrast to Minecraft pretty much every game is small but I think that is their personal threshold).
hbndr

Postby hbndr » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:46 am

I just registered on the forums (albeit a little late) to tell you how bummed I am by LEGO's decision.

This is clearly a case of a big company thinking they know better. What's the point of gathering supporters if the project is later getting shot down without good reason?

Well, alright then, LEGO obviously doesn't want my money. Do you?

I'm looking forward to the unofficial set.
Schnetz

Postby Schnetz » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 am

Man, im so sorry, just read it on the cuusoo blog. I still hope you can get the instructions out to people who are interested and get something out of that at least.
minkshaman

Postby minkshaman » Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:44 am

Please, release the instructions!

Sell them through Amazon or Smashwords!

Just please, get me those instructions and a piece list!
r543

Postby r543 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Sad to see that this project is cancelled. Can the instructions get released and maybe the custom parts(not all parts are offical, for example the mantis body/head) ?
icewalker

Postby icewalker » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:22 pm

I got an account here just so I could say: I would absolutely pay for a set of instructions and a Pick a Brick list!

CrashSanders, the LEGO Kestrel/Red-Tail design is phenomenal and needs to be displayed IRL on my shelf :D
Zakini

Postby Zakini » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:57 am

Pleeeeeease release the instructions for these models! I was so gutted when I saw today that the cuusoo project had been rejected. Don't care if you charge for the instructions, I just have to have these amazing models!
elMestre

Postby elMestre » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:20 pm

Oh!, please, olease... share the instructions.
You will enjoy if we spend weeks to reverse enginering them by the pictures, but I thiunk you will enjoy even more if you can see your creation spread