Keeping it fresh!

General discussion about the game.
Milkshake

Keeping it fresh!

Postby Milkshake » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't know if anyone posted something like this already, but here I go.

I have played FTL since the day it was released and I still enjoy it a lot, but after dozens of play troughs It get's a bit repetitive. So, I want to set myself a challenge, freshen it up a little and I'm wondering, what do some of the "FTL veterans" do to keep things fun. I already heard of the no-pause-chellenge and that's more or less the kind of thing I'm looking for. A extra challenge to keep things interesting.

So: What do you do to keep things new and fun?
Megas Domestikos

Re: Keeping it fresh!

Postby Megas Domestikos » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:25 pm

Try different ships, try to get all the achievements, try different strategies (boarding/beams/drones) and try some mods.
Space Roman
Milkshake

Postby Milkshake » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:36 pm

Megas Domestikos wrote:Try different ships, try to get all the achievements, try different strategies (boarding/beams/drones) and try some mods.

That's the thing, I've done all of that (except for the achievements) I have every ship/layout and I have beaten the game with almost all of 'em. I try to mix up my strategy every time I play and I have tried almost every mod available on the forums at the moment.

But I do appreciate the input :)
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:01 pm

Well there's the no pause challenge you mentioned, and there's also the shieldless runs with both Stealths (good allmighty luck with the B) and the Zoltan B. It's not quite fun to do, because it's mostly prolonged and aggravating.

You could try to win games with the crappiest weapons available, but again, i'm not sure that's really any fun. It sounds like you should give FTL a rest and play something else. Maybe after a while you forget some of the details and the game seems more fresh than it is. Or bribe modders into action. :mrgreen:

All good things...
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.