SUGGESTIONS and ideas for improving FTL

General discussion about the game.
EdenNov

Re: SUGGESTIONS for improving FTL

Postby EdenNov » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:11 am

Revvwm wrote:I'm still not sure how the Teleporter gets you crew members though... Do they surrender at some point or what? Or do you refer to the blue events only?

There are the blue options, but also killing the crew gives you a higher chance of receiving crew members (I think like 10-20 percent or something)
therunawaybros615

Re: SUGGESTIONS and ideas for improving FTL

Postby therunawaybros615 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:12 pm

Revvwm wrote:Here are some features I really hope to see considered by the devs:

• The auto fire should be available for each individual weapon.

• Add a clickable button somewhere to pause the game, or at least a configurable bind key (mouse button 3 would be awesome!)

• Make health bars clearer, especially when boarding an enemy ships. Some sort of small numeric display would be ideal (like the "-x" appearing on hits).

• add an "speed up o2 / health regeneration" button before each FTL jump when there is no more danger (it's so annoying to have to wait for those to regenerate, what a waste of time!)

• there should be some sort of bonus for playing normal mode: if it's harder, there should be higher reward, at least a fair risk/reward equation (I don't see any incentive to play normal mode).

• there is no point in leaving enemy boarding robots when the enemy ship is dead. At least crew members should not have to kill them before starting to repair the room they're in. It doesn't make sense as they won't reactivate anyway.

• In events where only enemy characters board the ship, it would be nice to have some sort of surrender event when only one guy is left and he has no chance of surviving.

• Add a configurable hotkey for cloak.

• Engies could be more sensitive to fires but would be more resistant to suffocation.

• Level 3 sensors should allow you to know exactly which weapons and bots the enemy ship is carrying.

• There should be a way to get cheap new crew members when arriving at the 8th zone! How many people do they have in the fleet anyway? This kind of nonsense is a little bit frustrating.

Big fan of the game, I hope these are not too much to ask for. I would really appreciate some feedback from the devs about those ideas. :)

1. Auto fire IS available for each weapon.

2. ...Space Key. Press the space key.

3. Not really needed.I always know when my boarders are dying because of the sound that cues.

4.Buy the upgrades for the medbay and cloaking and it's faster.

5. There already is higher rewards. You get more scrap from killing enemies.

6. Well, it's a robot. It's in your way. What do you have to do? DESTROY IT.

7. Um, they have no ship to retreat to, and the slave ships can surrender if you damage it enough times. The reward for their surrendering is a free crewmember.

8. ..........The button. PRESS IT. You simply have to pause, then click the button, then unpause. BOOM. Cloaked.

9. Engies are engies. They can have whatever they want.

10. Go look at the FTL wiki and see what the weapons look like. THEN, when you enter battle, identify the weapons. Boom, solution.

11. Lolno. You should have purchased crewmembers earlier.

I do not intend to be rude, but these suggestions could remove whatever Roguelike-likeness FTL had in the first place.
I will bring PEACE! FREEDOM! JUSTICE! And SECURITY to my new empire! ~Anakin Skywalker
Steam Profile
spacecadet13

Postby spacecadet13 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:40 pm

Autofire is available for each weapon? Explain, please. 'Cause in my FTL game, when autofire is on, it applies to all weapons, and when its off, no weapon autofires.
SleepyMage

Re: SUGGESTIONS for improving FTL

Postby SleepyMage » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:58 pm

Revvwm wrote:
SleepyMage wrote: Events where enemies board your ship are not supposed to be lucrative, just unlucky. They are easy enough to deal with most of the time, so having a potential surrender option turns this from a constant bad but relatively harmless thing into a almost always good event. If it happened like 10% of the time then that wouldn't be too unbalanced.

Yes of course that wouldn't happen all the time, perhaps having a Health Station level 2 at least would be required to have prisoners join the crew as well... It's just an idea. And I've had very bad times with boarders, especially when having a crew of only 3 Zoltans!

Anyway, the interface should be the devs' top priority I think. Hopefully they plan on working on FTL a little bit longer.

Okay yes, that seems fair and a little more reasonable. Blue events encourage people to actually upgrade systems as well.

Also, I find it hard to believe that anyone argues against improving the interface. More functionality = more happy players.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:I do not intend to be rude...

The way you shot down the suggestions was very dismisive. Please read more carefuly.

Autofire can be used for any weapon in the game, the suggestion was that it be possible to use autofire for each individual weapon on the ship, rather than just having it on or off for all weapons.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Mr_Crac

Postby Mr_Crac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:44 pm

therunawaybros615 wrote:1. Auto fire IS available for each weapon.

No, it is not.

Out of curiosity, do the developers of this game actually implement (some of the) changes suggested by the players?
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:48 pm

Yes it is, that's one of the changes in FTL 1.03.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Mr_Crac

Postby Mr_Crac » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 pm

boa13 wrote:Yes it is, that's one of the changes in FTL 1.03.

I was under the impression that people wanted to be able to switch autofire on/off for each weapon individually. That is seemingly not how it currently is.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Autofire still works as before with one new feature. If you hold the Ctrl key while targeing enemy rooms, the targeting cursor will turn yellow, and autofire will be ON for that weapon. You can set any or all weapons to autofire. Usefull if you for example want to keep one weapon downing shields constantly but manually control beams or missiles.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.