Beta 0.12.7.8 Trainer *Updated*

General discussion about the game.
xeranes

Beta 0.12.7.8 Trainer *Updated*

Postby xeranes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:24 pm

Hello FTL forums, Xeranes here. I was wondering if there was any demand for a small trainer that I built for the latest FTL beta version, I really wanted to test out the Federation Cruiser ship but couldn't for the life of me get past the second boss stage, so I wrote a small trainer application with basic functions. Does anyone want me to share it? :?:

Current Features:

-Freeze Scrap value (doesn't go up or down)
-Freeze crew HP (Freezes ALL CREW MEMBERS, HP doesn't go up or down)
-No fuel usage when jumping
-Instant energy cap (no need to buy upgrades on your generator)
-No cloaking cooldown! (WARNING, WILL ALSO REMOVE COOLDOWN FOR ENEMIES!)

Only download the version that corresponds to your OS, 64 or 32 bit! No Mac support yet, nor do I see it being added in the future :mrgreen:

Virus Scans:

64 bit version:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/f4343efeb3e79847a6a815da723a13065db7a873

32 bit version:
http://virusscan.jotti.org/en/scanresult/2c4ce0b9cf4446a0cd5996d9ebe173069885031a

The forums won't allow me to post .exe files, so I'm hosting them on my dropbox!

64 bit trainer:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46619256/FTL%20Beta%2012_7_8%20Trainer%20x64.EXE

32 bit trainer:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/46619256/FTL%20Beta%2012_7_8%20Trainer%20x32.EXE

To use, simply launch FTL then the .exe, push the buttons for your desired options!

WARNING:

Freezing your crew's health will ALSO FREEZE THE HEALTH OF ENEMY CREW! If you are boarded, you may have to turn the cheat off to kill the intruder, and enemy crew on their own ship will not die with the cheat on!
Last edited by xeranes on Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
MrJLK

Re: Question: Does the Beta Community Want Cheats?

Postby MrJLK » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:18 pm

Why?
aviphysics

Postby aviphysics » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:30 pm

MrJLK wrote:Why?

To experiment with the game mechanics and tactics. For some people it isn't as much about beating the game, but about understanding how the game works and how to best play it.

These are the features I would be interested.

*Freeze rebel advance.
*Some way to control the sector map or go to any sector on it.
*Save the program's state and reload it later.
*Change weapon load out.
Last edited by aviphysics on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 pm

MrJLK wrote:Why?

Well he said he couldn't figure out how to get passed the second stage of the boss fight. I imagine that's all the reason some people needs.
david

Postby david » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:41 pm

Being honest, I was using a MHS at my 8th ship, but each time the ship changes it seems the values for scraps, and all that resets to some other address.

So far scraps, missiles, drones, fuel, health are all seem to be integer values.

Seems that the trainer lacks a few key features like adding scraps, ship heath and consumables.

But yes a trainer would be useful.
xeranes

Postby xeranes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Ok! I'll post it! You should only download the version that matches the type of your OS, 64 bit or 32 bit! Sorry, no Mac support yet! :mrgreen:

david wrote:Being honest, I was using a MHS at my 8th ship, but each time the ship changes it seems the values for scraps, and all that resets to some other address.

So far scraps, missiles, drones, fuel, health are all seem to be integer values.

Seems that the trainer lacks a few key features like adding scraps, ship heath and consumables.

But yes a trainer would be useful.

Yes, the memory adresses for almost all things change each launch, but the opcodes that use them don't =) I simply made a .exe that intercepts the opcodes and alters them to perform different tasks, or nothing at all. That way I don't need the memory adresses for the values!

However, this makes hotkeys that "add" values a bit tricky because opcodes are called by the game, not the trainer. to arbitrarily add values is more difficult than freezing it or only allowing change in one direction.

aviphysics wrote:These are the features I would be interested.

*Freeze rebel advance.
*Some way to control the sector map or go to any sector on it.
*Save the program's state and reload it later.
*Change weapon load out.

I will look into those, though the third one seems quite difficult, it would require some pretty hefty memory editing (i.e. 100% of the memory...)

First one seems doable, second one unlikely but possible (i think), third nigh-impossible for me, fourth seems possibly doable.
I... I think I just broke the game...
Gimboid

Postby Gimboid » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:19 pm

I was thinking about cheats.. I would love a way to cheese it and start with 999 scrap or something, just to deck out the ship and slaughter the baddies, but historically cheats can sometimes make things less fun (So haven't downloaded the trainer yet... but definitely thinking about it :D )
xeranes

Postby xeranes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:27 pm

Well, I'm working on adding new options to the trainer, some successful, some not.

The next version will definitely have an option to remove cloaking cooldown, beware however that it also removes enemy cloaking cooldown!!!

As for slowing/stopping rebel advances, I have hit a wall... There are a massive number of variables that follow the same pattern as rebel advancing, and my best attempt gave me this:

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/560945254337250974/0C914FA20BCC846160A7E70E3A88CCCF62255535/

Oh dear god where did I go wrong!? :lol: "I'm being attacked by a giant warning sign!"
I... I think I just broke the game...
VladePsyker

Postby VladePsyker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:45 pm

easy enough too make your own if your so inclined, even the ship unlocks seem to be client side info.

but honestly wouldn't even asks the devs to waste their time even if it only took 5 minutes to open up the debug console to players
nuna

Postby nuna » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:52 pm

Any trainer updates for 0.12.6.7?
Thank you for the efforts! :D