Anyone do a little roleplay in their games?

General discussion about the game.
Observato

Anyone do a little roleplay in their games?

Postby Observato » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:45 am

The most common one I do is take a stealth ship A, name it Normandy-SR1, and say I'm running from the Reapers. (That it was canonically blown up be damned.) Usually, I'm thinking that this point in time would be the dash to Earth between the penultimate and last missions of ME3, only instead of one mass relay jump to Earth, you have the 8 sectors. Ideally I would name the characters according to their ME analogs (Mantis -> Garrus, Tali -> Zoltan, Slug -> Liara. Well, they're both telepathic!); I'd fiddle with it a bit (A Rock would still be Wrex, Engi -> Legion, and if I ever were to get one, Crystal -> Javik because there's no real alternative). Obviously, you can't name more than the first 3, but one can imagine. Finally, at the Last Stand, you chase down and fight Harbinger! Simple enough, really. Stealth B would be a similar setup, only now it's the SR-2 with a Thanix cannon (and somehow way more fragile). Meanwhile, I also have done a Federation Cruiser with Hackett, Wrex, (Primarch) Victus, and Legion, with its own Thanix cannon (Artillery Beam).

I have also done a run with the Torus as the TARDIS. Since the only person I have to rename for sure is the Doctor (naturally the only starting human), this one works way more effectively. I'm nowhere near as well versed in Doctor Who as I am in Mass Effect, but I could just call the Rebels "Daleks" and get away with it quite easily.

I was just curious if anyone else does this.
Hartraft

Re: Anyone do a little roleplay in their games?

Postby Hartraft » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:26 am

I like to pretend I am in the Prometheus off stargate :D
ApSciMorgs

Postby ApSciMorgs » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:03 am

Does naming your ship and crew after ships and crews from other sci-fi stories (for example, FSV Daedalus, crewed by Hermiod (the engineer), Caldwell (the pilot), Teyla (shields/weaps, can't remember which), and Ronon (weaps/shields, can't remember which)) count?
Or is that just having a fancy naming scheme?
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
undergroundmonorail

Postby undergroundmonorail » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:43 am

I tend to not customize my crew at all. When I happen to get males and females in rooms near each other, I get to imagine all the sexual tension. I'll find myself giggling like a schoolgirl when one of them gives their life for the ship.