Any other suggestions of "near-perfect information" games, with minimal RNG?

General discussion about the game.
mikebruce

Any other suggestions of "near-perfect information" games, with minimal RNG?

Postby mikebruce » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:17 am

I'm looking for turn-based tactics, "chess-plus games," with rpg elements, weapons, adventure, base-building, resource management.

Needless to say I love Into the Breach. Here's other strat games I like (they have rng though):

Advance wars 1-4

Fire emblem 6 through 9 top real estate companies in mumbai

A bit unrelated, Plague Inc, yes that really old flash game (i guess it's out on steam too)

Here's what I didn't like: 1 bhk flat for sale in kondhwa pune

Newer Fire Emblems. Too many waifus/tits, didn’t like grinding for abilities and min-maxing child units.

FF tactics for GBA

Wargroove. I beat this 100%. There were irreconcilable issues with gameplay and UI/information for me. For instance, not all the strength-weaknesses are displayed, especially for naval units. The icons patch didn't fix much. Fog-of-war doesn't affect NPC. Sorry but it felt like a worse advance wars.

Xcom, tried to like it but couldn't get into it. Didn't like the art style, the rng, and the ranged gun mechanics.

valkyria chronicles

banner saga (wasn't a fan of the weird 2d/3d perspective)

Things in my "to play" list:

Front Mission

Armello

civ 4 (waiting for winter because I get the feeling it'll consume my time)

phantom doctrine
Last edited by mikebruce on Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
5thHorseman

Re: Any other suggestions of "near-perfect information" games, with minimal RNG?

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:35 pm

The first one that jumps out at me is Invisible, Inc. You have a ridiculous amount of information each turn and can pretty much stroll through levels undetected. Until you get detected, at which time the whole game gets 100 times harder. And it was probably your own fault.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
vinay456

Re: Any other suggestions of "near-perfect information" games, with minimal RNG?

Postby vinay456 » Thu May 07, 2020 5:27 am

Hello.
Have you tried Ticket to Earth on mobile? It has a lot of what you asked for apart from the base building. It's a paid-for game but it's often on sale and not dear at full price. Absolutely no in-game purchases. I've recently finished the first three chapters and really enjoyed it.

EDIT: I've just realized it's on PC as well https://store.steampowered.com/app/6363 ... _to_Earth/ Not sure how it would play with mouse over touch, but it should be fine.
Thank you.