Repair Arm

General discussion about the game.
Drasha

Repair Arm

Postby Drasha » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:14 pm

Does any one every buy repair arm? Seems like a bad deal to me even if the scrap you lost was equal to how much it would have cost to repair its not worth an augmentation slot for zero gain. If the repair arm just healed you for 2-3 damage after each fight and maybe slowly auto repaired breaches it would be a much more interesting option.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
UltraMantis

Re: Repair Arm

Postby UltraMantis » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 pm

You never desperately need to find a store to repair. The scrap lost in self-repairing if offset by having much higer chances of survival.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Eji1700

Postby Eji1700 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:05 am

It seems like false hope though. If you're doing things right you likely don't need the arm at all(take almost no damage thanks to shields and knocking out weapon systems) and if things are tense enough you need the arm, you're probably taking a bad situation and making it much much worse. The lost scrap is likely going to add up and mean you'll be underopwered later. I really see it only as worth in the last two sectors, but thats still risky because that's where you get most of your scrap.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:22 am

Yeah tell that to the crew of a ship that went through an entire sector in desperate search of a store, only to run out of fuel.

You get some HP back every time you pick up some scrap, even from encounters. Which is almost every beacon you hit. It adds up to quite a bit of savings in the long run but mostly it's about not having to find a store to repair. Very handy when you get low on HP as you can get up to a reasonable state before you have to stand and fight.
Unlucky Scarecrow

Postby Unlucky Scarecrow » Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:55 am

My only issue is having a repair arm drain scrap when the hull is already at full health. Does it still impose the scrap penalty if there is no need to repair?
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 am

I was going to say let's wait for the developers to chime in, but then i realised we all know the answer :twisted: